Lord Nachri hunting for druchii in the mountains of Arnheim

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Fireblade
Warrior

Lord Nachri hunting for druchii in the mountains of Arnheim

Post by Fireblade »

This is a story i wrote myself, any comments please.

FOR THE ASUR!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nachri was standing near a mountain. Next to him was his friend, Ilthar. He climbed on a rock, and then he saw them. A large army of marauders, marching through the valley towards Arnheim. “Maybe Malekith finally realised what was going on. “ “Well, that makes our job a little more interesting.” The 2 elf lords ran back towards the eagles phalanx. The company started moving. “Nachri, i will take the first and the second batalion and i will engage them from the right. You will have to engage them from the left.” After a short signal, the regiment splitted and Ilthar went to the other side. They advanced slowly towards the valley. Suddenly, Nachri saw a large piramid of skulls. Around the piramid was a large host of druchii.

Suddenly a huge rock fell behind the asur, blocking their retreat. As the seaguard looked back in suprise, hundreds of druchii arrows were launched from both sides of the valley. “Turtle formation, quick.” The eagle’s phalanx reacted immediatly, and when the arrows made it to the ground, the elves were already in their protective formation. Two seaguard fell, hit by some lucky shots from the druchii. Nachri looked to his right. There he saw Ilthar retreating. Almost half his men were dead, and their retreat was becoming a rout. But they couldn’t escape, so they tried to make it to nachri and his men. “Bows!” Nachri’s men in the center of the formation drew their bows and they launched a volley. The druchii fire stopped as the bodies of ten warriors were falling from the mountains. Ilthar and his men made it to nachri, but only a few of them were alive.

But their retreat was still blocked. Horns could be heart. Suddenly a number of chaos marauder horsemen appeared. Nachri and Ilthar quickly ran to the rock. Their they prepared to make their stand. Around them was the eagle’s phalanx. Though their numbers had dwindled, they had lost nothing of their fighting spirit. “Fire at will” Volley after volley was launched towards the lightly armoured marauders. They kept coming, but their charge was loosing its fury. Suddenly their champion cried something in a strange language. The eyes of the marauders were suddenly filled with a strange, purple light. They seemed to feel no pains anymore, they felt nothing. The elves were shocked. They had no time to recover from their suprise. In a few moments, the horsemen had reached them.

The elves were locked in a deadly fight. Despite the enemies numbers, they continued fighting. Nachri quickly trusted his blade forwards, and he hit the skull of a marauder. He turned back and he raised his shield to stop the spear of a marauder. With a few swift moves, this marauder was dead too. Then the champion strode forth.”I am Melkhar, a champion of Shaarnor, and I shall kill you now, cursed elf.” Melkhar dismounted and he walked towards Nachri. Nachri looked at his eyes, and the only thing he could see, was the same, strange, purple light. Seeing Nachri distracted, Melkhar stroke. The elf had barely time to raise his shield. Another blow followed and after a few blows, nachri was pushed back. Melkhar prepared for the kill, but suddenly a spear fell before his feet, followed by a volley of seaguard reinforcements. The seaguard quickly joined the fray, and the marauders fled.

Crying with anger, Melkhar followed his men. “It is not over yet, cursed elf, we shall meet again, and then i shall show no mercy. “”I will be ready Melkhar , I’ll be ready.” Then nachri joined his men and they climbed up the mountain to get past the rock. There they saw high elf citizens building a wall, a mile or something behind the rock. With that wall, they would be able to protect the building site of the sixth gate. Nachri reached the wall and then he went to the war council. He knew the battle was not over yet. He didn’t expect to see worshippers of the thrice-cursed god Slaanesh. Maybe the followers of Khaine and slaanesh united to fight the asur. Nachri was confident. Even if the druchii were united, they couldn’t stand a chance against his fine soldiers.
I hope the druchii don't think they can stand a chance against the combined power of the high elf provinces.