Problems Entering a Battl-report Go Here

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Problems Entering a Battl-report Go Here

Post by Langmann »

I will, and anyone else with computer knowledge feel free to help out, answer any questions people are having entering a Battle-report or using their email client program.

Read through this before asking a question (if there is anything to read ;) ).
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Svart
Highborn

Post by Svart »

The bad point about the campaign system is that once you fill in the form on the site, it tries to send mail via default mail program. And people may post reports from internet cafe, from their friends, etc. Also, in some places (in our dorm, for examle) SMTP protocol is just disabled.

In this case, you can still send a report using your mail site's web interface. Just copy&paste all the battle report information from your outlook (or whatever mailer you use) outbox altogather with mail address and subject.
...Evil will never creep into an empty head...
Lord karelon
Corsair

Post by Lord karelon »

To whom do we email these out of system battle reports? I use Yahoo mail as I can use the same address from work or home. At work we use Group Wise and I can't use that for personal buisness.
Death is light as a feather
Duty is heavy as a mountain
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

On the battle page you have several icons tht represent the different battlesites. Click one of those and you'll see a form that you need to fill out, click submit and your computer will automatically send a mail to the correct address with the default mail address set by your system.

- Nag
Lord karelon
Corsair

Post by Lord karelon »

to quote the campiagn instruction: "You HAVE to be a member of Yahoo! Delivers to get the POP3 service."
Does this mean you must have paid for email account rather then a free emaill account?
I have gone to my Mail Opitons--then: Mail Account and I find no such options as receiving POP3 services. I seem to recall that such options were once there, but since the upgrade to Yahoo's email accounts, it isn't there.
Now what can I do? :( At work we do not use Outlook Express directly, but the Novell GroupWise does utilise some of that programs code, so I can't activate Outlook.
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

You don't have to be a paid member. Go to the page indicated in the instructions and select yahoo delivers!. Don't select any of the junk mail.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

You can also use this form, filling it out manually and then send it to druchiicampaign@yahoo.ca

BUT you have to make sure that the options you put in the form after the equal '=' sign are valid for each battlesite or you'll get nothing. These options can of course be found in the battereport sites.

So MAKE SURE.

Batte_Site=
Player_name=
Player_email=
Player_race=
Opponent_name=
Opponent_email=
Opponent_race=
Players_Side=
Outcome=
Comments=
Submitted=Submit Do Not Press More than Once
Maldor
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Maldor »

I misentered my POP3/SMTP info and I keep getting an error message. How do I fix that?
Lock up your children, shut all windows tight.
The Witch Elves are hunting for victims tonight.
When old hags do knock at your door, you must hide,
Your death is the gift sought by Khaine's pretty brides.
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

If you are using outlook go 'tools' then 'accounts' then choose your account from the list, and select 'properties'. Then go into the 'server' menu. It should be in there.
Vengeanceseeker
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Vengeanceseeker »

When I tried to post my battle, the window just shut down alltogether, I tried again and exactly the same thing happened.
World of Arl, Where the players matter.

Free Dark Elf army!
VS' known kills: Lord Saradain.
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

Does this mean I cannot use any hotmail/gmail account?
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Lethalis, try use the form langmann posted above here and send to the address he also posted. That way you can use your hotmail or Gmail account. I believe you need Outlook to make it work otherwise.

- Nag
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. But then still:

Submitted=Submit Do Not Press More than Once

Do I have to type it exactly like this, since there probably isn't any submit button? Or can it be skipped?
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

I believe that can be skipped, if you really want to :lol:

- Nag
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

As a heads-up for all of you who are entering reports:

It's much better if you use this form, posted above by langmann, when sending in reports. That way you will

- almost always be assured it reaches its destination (the mail client often screw things up otherwise)
- be sure it's not an empty mail (which has been the case for quite a lot of people lately)
- get the automated reply sent to your personal mail inbox.
- not have to worry that much about me getting suspicious due to the vast amounts of reports from the same computer. Use your own mail address, and let your friend use his.

That was all I wanted to say.

- Nag