The Hag Queens Battles

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Nekroskop
Highborn

The Hag Queens Battles

Post by Nekroskop »

Seeth'la watched the Northern Wastes from the Back of Malice, her mighty Manticore. Ever since the traitorous Morathi had set out for the North, the Hordes of unclean Chaos Beasts had been even more unruly than before. Now that Hellebron had finally declare open war upon the foul worshippers of the false gods, she could strike back against their foes instead of letting mon'keigh and Daemons pass by her watch.

She had assembled a mighty Temple Force to set out into the Wastes and strike the enemy on their own grounds...

Assembled before her was a fearsome array of Daemonic Creatures, led by a Daemon Prince of the ruinous powers. Giggling Horrors, stinking Plaguebearers and soaring screamers shimmered into creation, even a mighty Warchariot of Nurgle. A few months ago, the reality would not have supported such a massive number of Daemons, but Morathis obscene Rituals had ripped the Veil of Reality and now uncounted masses of these unnatural creatures threatened Naggaroth.

She would sent them back to the stinking hellhole. Khaines might would not waver before the pitiful servants of the lesser gods...

Battle Report – Demonic Legion vs. Temple of Khaine

The lists:

Temple of Khaine

Hag Queen with Temple Scourge, Rune of Khaine, Purple Orchid, Mounted on Manticore
Priestess of Khaine with Temple Scourge and Seal of Ghrond
Assassin with Mortal Fury and Purple Orchid
2*12 Witch Elves Full Command, Mortal Fury
2*10 Warriors with Crossbows
10 Blood Brides of Khaine
6 Temple Zealots including an Adept
10 Executioners with Champion and Rune of Khaine
Cauldron with Extra Crew

Demonic Legion

Daemon Prince with Diabolic Splendour, Soul Hunger and Radiance of Dark Glory, Lvl 3 Caster with Death magic.
Daemonic Herald with Greater Icon, Banner of Rage and Mark of Tzeentch
2 Nurgling Bases
15 Plaguebearers with Full Command and Unholy Icon
16 Horrors with Full Command (Herald goes here)
8 Flamers
7 Furies
Chariot of Nurgle with additional Beast of Nurgle

Our table (from my side) had a hill on the left just inside my deployment, facing that was a wood, to my right was another wood and a little above and to the right of that was an im-passable obstacle.

Deployment went (from left to right) Furies and Flamers right behind the wood, next to the Wood the DP, Chariot, then the Flamers, Nurglings and Plaguebearers.
Facing the furies to the right of the hill were my Execs with Assassin, on the hill the first Crossbows, next to the Hill the ther Crossbows, behind that the Queen and first Witch Elves with the Priestess, The Cauldron, the other witch elves, and to the right of the wood the Blood Brides. The Temple Zealots are in the right hand wood.

First turn goes to the Demons, the Furies and Flamers advance, the Demon Prince flies be-ind the hill so he can see the Execs and the X-Bows, but not my Queen. The rest of the army advances full speed.

Magic sees my first Temple scourge going and me losing 4 X-Bows from the hill to Green Fire as well as 1 Executioners to Steal Souls.
My turn I take one wound from the Chariot with the X-Bows, My right flank advances. The Execs reform to take the Charge from the DP, while my Queen goes into position to counter-charge. The Temple Zealots advance to the edge of the woods.

Second Turn
The Demon Prince and Furies attack the Execs who stay put, I reveal my assassin. The rest of the army advances further. Green Fire kills 5 of my right Witches (not a single Ward, darn), and I fail to dispel the Deathdealer (the one where dead models can attack back) because I forgot my 2nd temple scourge.
The Daemon prince overkills my Exec champ for 4, the assassin kills 3 of the Furies, but due to the spell they still attack and kill 2. I lose by one, I am outnumbered and overrun by the Furies. DARN!!!! At least the Prince holds back and is in Position for a flank charge by my Queen. The Flamers flame 5 X-Bows on the hill, they hold.

My turn, Queen charges DP, Witches charge Horrors, the Zealots fail their Fear test and do not attack the Nurglings, argh. The Blood Brides advance towards the Plaguebearers, the right X-Bows and Witches turn towards the Flamers. Shooting kills two of the blighters (T4? wtf!). My Queen and Manticore do 6 Wounds on the Prince, 4 get saved. The Queen gets hacked to pieces by the DP (not a single ward save, dudiduu), therefore I lose flank and out-numbering, lose by 1, the Manticore breaks, and gets run down.

In the attack of the 7 Witches on the 16 Horrors plus Herald I manage a draw and kill the Horror Champ.

DL Turn 3
The Nurglings charge the Flank of my Witches, who do not care as they are still frenzy, but now they are at –1 to hit, which is quite a pain. The Chariot and DP charge my X-Bowmen and totally squash them. Both overrun and my cunning plan to have the Chariot miss my Witches in the overrun fails because of it’s 100mm frontage. SO I have the DP in the front and the Rank-negating chariot in the flank. Not good…
The Battle between Witches and Horrors continues, I fail to kill his herald, but he’s down to one wound. This time I lose, but hold (no fear and outnumbering for me, I am still frenzied ;)

DE Turn 3
The Zealots ONCE AGAIN fail their Fear roll, grrr.
The Blood Brides charge the Plaguebearers and kill 7, including the champ. Hooray for Bloodbrides I say. But alas, Daemonic Instability + Herald equals nothing happens. The Witches/Horror Battle continues, the Herald won’t die, I’m down to three witches, he’s got 7 horrors and the herald left, but I still hold. The Witches with my Priestess take horrible casu-alties, but my Priestess manages three wounds on the DP – of course he saves 2, leaving him with one wound but my Witches utterly destroyed and overrun by the chariot.

DL Turn 4
Not much to do for him, he doesn’t want to commit his DP anywhere with his 1 Wound, his chariot turns around to target the Cauldron. I hate it that the Cauldron Guard can’t charge on it’s own, it’s a really sitting duck. His harpies fly over to attack my Zealots next turn. The Bat-tle between Blood Brides and Plaguebeares continues, I have no less than 31 attacks now, Wound 10, but only 3 fall due 4+ Wards. Instability does nothing. In the Witches vs. Horrors,
Only the Banner bearer is alive, but she holds! The Herald once again saves 2 Wounds, this thing won’t die.

DE Turn 4
Not much to move, did I mention that? Guess what my Zealots do, they fail their third fear check in a row and don’t do anything, waiting to get charged by the chariot. Against all odds, my banner Bearer survives another turn of being surrounded on all sides, does another wound on the herald, but guess whose Wardsave won’t fail…
The Plaguebearers are down to three, but once again, despite losing by 5, Instability only kills two more PB.

DL Turn 5
The DP hides behind a forest (whatever for), the Gargs charge my Zealots who pass their very first Fear check all game. Not that it matters, as the 5 Blighters kill 4 of my Zealots. I do 4 Wounds in return, which are completely saved, I am outnumbered, fear, goodbye Zealots. The last surviving Witch and Plaguebearer go home together. The Chariot runs over my Cauldron with his bizarre amount of attacks and Impacts.

DE Turn 6
Only the brides left, I don’t think I’ll get the Nurglings, but luckily, being still frenzied, I meas-ure and get them! Great luck, as Otherwise I would have been simply squashed by magic in the last turn. I manage to kill one Nurgling Base, but those bastards kill 2 Brides in return, and of Course Instability doesn’t faze them.

DL Turn 6. Gargyls and Horrors Combocharge the brides, and without wards my Ladies are dead meat. I don’t even manage to kill the last Nurglings and am destroyed.

As Seeth'la awoke in agonizing pain, she saw nothing but blackness. At first she could not move, then realized that she was buried under the Carcass of Malice. The memories of her ignoble defeat by the thrice cursed Daemon Prince flooded back into her memories. As she climbed atop the hill where her battle had took place, tears of rage came to her eyes. The Plains were littered with Corpses of her Witches, the Cauldron ioverthrown and defiled by the heretic Runes of Nurgle and Tzeench, covered with stinking slime from the Plaguebeasts that had drowned the Guardians in their slime.

Raging and howling in pain, Seeth'la headed south, vowing vengeance for her fallen sisters...
I waste him with my boltthrower!
Nekroskop
Highborn

Against the rats...

Post by Nekroskop »

Seeth'la fumed. After her unfortunate defeat against the Forces of the Daemon Prince Kuguar, the Convent had sent her south, doubting her ability to deal wth the Daemonic Hordes that were soon to come in even greater numbers.
To add insult to injury, she was sent to guard an obscure temple in the middle of nowhere, far from any fighting against the upstart Slaaneshi followers! There was only a small contingent of Witches here, and she had to deal with an upstart noble leading the Temple Guards. The exiled lady from karond Kar had even stationed stinking Cold Ones and one of the thrice cursed Pegasi favoured by the Convent close to the temple!

It was almost a relief for Seeth'la when the Zealots mentioned a host of Rat-things emerging from the Underways, hell-bent on destroying the holy relics of Khaine for their pestilent Rat-God!

Hag Queen with Favoured of Khaine, Temple Scourge and Mortal Fury
Priestess with Temple Scourge and Seal of Ghrond
Noble on Dark Pegasus Lance, Heavy armour, SDC and Shield
2*15 Witch Elves Full Command
2*5 Harpies
2*12 Warriors with Shields
2*5 Temple Zealots with Adept
2 Chariots with Spears
Cauldron

I knew I went up against Skaven and had my opponent explained what are the strengths and weaknesses of the army. I specifically asked him to go magic and shooting, to see how the army works vs. the SAD. Therefore the 2 Scouts, 2 Harpies ad the Flying Noble as well as the 2 Chariots which I hoped would withstand the Stand & Shoot of a Ratling (which proved to be wrong, sigh)
My Hag Queen and Priestess were decked out for Antimagic and RnF killing, as I didn’t ex-pect much in the way of Skaven fighty characters. The Warriors were my proud Meatshields TM, and would be able to take Slaves and Giant rat packs or redirect charges.

Vs.
Skaven Warlord with 4+Ward, Armbands of Power and Weeping Blades, Heavy armour, shield
Plague Priests with Plague Censer and 5 + Ward
Warlock Lvl 2 with Storm Daemon and Warp Token
Warlock Lvl 2 with Warp Scroll

2*30 Slaves with Musician
2*30 Clanrats, Full Command, L.Armour and Shield, with Ratling guns
3 Giant rat Packs
1 Giant Rat Pack
2* 5 Nightrunners with add Hand Weapon
2 Poison Wind Globadiers
30 Plague Monks, Full Command and War Banner
30 Stormvermin with Shields and Warp Flamer

Terrain:
A small hill in the lefthand corner of my DZ, a large one right in fron on the left, a 12-13 ‘’ passage, then a center wood.
We played a heavy left flank, with one unit of Zealots, Harpies , the Noble and the Cauldron behind the hill, my Witches behind the Meatshields, flanked by the chariots. My other Zealots in the center wood and harpies to the extreme right.
The extreme lest saw his plague monks with the priest behind a Nightrunner screen,the storm vermin with general and warlock, the PWGS, then Clanrats with RG, Slaves, Slaves, Clanrats with R and the 2nd Warlock, behing the 2nd Nightrunner screen. His Giant Rat Packs faced of my Harpies and Zealots.

Turn 1 Skaven
I gave 1st turn to him (an error in hindsight) as I didn’t worry about his shooting and magic in turn one. He surprised my by advancing completely with everything. Dumbly I alerted him to the fact that this would leave my Zealots in the wood in his Giant rats flank. He said he didn’t care about Scouts, but repositioned them anyway.
Magic was expectedly low, I threw the first temple scourge to dispel a WL at 16.

Turn 1 ToK
Just to try it out my Zealots charged the Giant Rats while the harpies went wide on the right flank. My Chariots wnt into charge position towards the Ratling Guns or to combocharge the Clanrat Units with the Warlock.
The Meatshields and Witches advanced a little to get into charge range.
The Noble flew up the leftside Hill to look over the other hill and threaten the Warpflamer and the Warlock in the Stormvermin. The Zealots climbed the hill as an additional threat for the ratlings and flamer.

My Zealots rolled quite respectably despite being out of Cauldron Range and I killed 6, sadly I lost two in return (darn beastmaster whips) and drew the combat.

Turn 2 Skaven
The Nightrunners flanked my Zealots and ran them down (I panicked), and the Stromvermin unit declared a charge on my Zealots on the hill, I fled, he was stranded on the hill, in harge range for one of my chariots, my Noble and the harpies. He tried to block the access with his Nightrunners and advanced the rest of his left flank. The Slaves and Weapon teams stayed put, the Rat packs on the right advance to flank my troops.
Well, this magic turn was quite ugly for me, as he opened up with Total power on my noble and killed his Pegasus and followed with the Stormdaemon which I failed to dispel due to double 1. So much for my noble Noble.
The left hand ratling killed my left Chariot, while the right shot down my right Meatshields to two brave Warriors which passed their panic and opened the way for my second chariot to roll over this impudent ratling gun.

Turn 2 Dark Elves
My left harpies ran over the nightrunners and overran into the stormvermin with Warlock and General. The right harpies got a rearcharge on the ratpack which were down to two ranks.
The 2 Meatshields and the right witches with the priestess attacked the slaves, the right units held, the left fled but were caught by my 2 Warriors, whoohoo. 2 Warriors took down 30 Slaves. Sadly, that stranded me without LOS to the ratling, while my witches charge failed and left them looking into the rotating barrels.
My other witch unit maneuvered to get a charge of against the Stormvermin, whether they held or overran my Harpies. The Zealots rallied.
The Warriors beat the Slaves and they fled, only to be run down by my warriors and them getting the charge on the PWG’s. The Harpies killed 2 packmasters and a rat and lost none in return. CR 3 in my favour, and still those darn Skaven hold. Nobody ever talk to me about bad rat morale. The Stormvermin held their ground.

Turn 3 Skaven
The Nightrunners once again chase off my harpies with a flank charge, the Plague Monks and Clanrats move into cauldron charge position. The Stormvermin prepare to take the charge from my Witches + General. The now free Giant Rats swing around the field to threaten my DZ and the flanks and rears of my units.
Shooting fries a few warriors and 7 of my witches, magic is nullified. CC kills the 2 Globadiers and my warriors stay, ready to charge the ratling next run. My harpies took down the Warlock thanks to the Cauldron rerolls
The panic from the wiped out Globadiers panics the flamer and the Generals Unit. Aaarg, why does my enemy always fail the panic tests to his advantage! Now his generals unit is safe behind the hill.

Turn 3 ToK
My warriors attack the ratling and fail to kill or break it, yay… The Witches charge the other Ratling and the front rank survives the firestorm. They overrun out of sight of the remaining Clanrat unit. My Queens witches redeploy so they can take the flank of the Plague monks should they overrun the Cauldron or their front if they stay. I can still do this.

Turn 4 Skaven
The Plaguemonks charge the Cauldron, the Clanrats move to protect their flank. If the monks overrun, it doesn’t matter. The Clanrats reform to see the flank of my witches with priestess, the small ratpack chases off my 2 Warrior unit. The big Clanrat closes on the rear of my Queens unit. The Generals unit rallies.
A lucky 13 on the power roll means 9 of my warriors from the other unit die, leaving exactly one, the musician (they lsot the two others sometime).
I get his Warpscroll on my witches, though. Due to the MR from Khaines Favourite.
The Plaguemonks my Cauldron crew (all 4 of them), but the hag is in a challenge with the champion (she fails to kill him, d’ough!). He kills another one with his own Plague Censer, nothing happens, he doesn’t even lap around.

Turn 4 ToK
My Queens Witches charge the Clanrats, the Zealots charge into the combat with the Plaguemonks. The lone musician takes on 5 Nightrunners. My Priestess’ Witches reform to take the charge of the Clanrat unit.
The Queen and her witches fail absolutely horrible. The Queen barely manages to kill the Champion, and the remaining 13 poisoned attacks with wound rerolls kill an amazing two skaven. I think I even lose a witch on the return.
On the other hand, the Zealots and Hag do me pride, killing the Champion in the challenge and taking a wound off the Plague Priest. Unfortunately, I still lose by a ton and my Zealots flee again, never to be rallied. My musician kills a nightrunner and lives, meaning he wins by ONE! But even that is not meant to be, the rats hold on 5….

Turn 5 Skaven
I get a rear charge from the Giant Rats, a front charge on my 4 Witches plus priestess plus flankcharge from Nightrunners. The Clanrats pass their terror from the Cauldron (I took one meagre rank from him…)
Once again my Queen and witches completely FAIL! Even though I lose only one model in the back due to good ward saves (probably the first I made in the game), I manage to kill one Rat in the back and two or three in the front. Luckily, the Ld10 of my queen saves the day and I hold.
The Skaven manages to kill three witches on the charge, leaving only the priestess and champion to retaliate. It goes without saying that with their nine poioned attacks, S4 and 3 rerollable, they manage to kill exactly one skaven. They are run down.

My Cauldrons Hag is on a killing spree and takes out the Plague Priest. I forgot about the rerolls every turn anyway, so it wasn’t because of that she survived that long.

Turn 5 Dark Elves
I finally, FINALLY roll good for my Queen and Witches and kill a bakers dozen Rats and Skaven, breaking them and pursuing and destroying the Clanrats. The Cauldron Hag is feel-ing lucky and takes down another three Plaguemonks.

Turn 6 Skaven
His generals Stormvermin charge my Queens unit just for the hell of it. Feeling that my bad luck has passed, My Queen challenges his general. Bad choice.
He does one wound, but of course he has weeping Blades and rolls a 5… Queen dead. The stormvermin kill another, and then my Witches fail horribly to put a dent into the Heavy ar-mour and shields of the vermin. Goodbye last combat unit.
My brave Cauldron hag falls finally to the maddened rats, and so my cauldron is gone as well.

I do not remember if he just caught me or if I didn’t rally them, it didn’t matter as I was com-pletely destroyed in the end.

Conclusion:

What can I say – even though I build an army with Skaven in mind they still massacred me. And he didn’t even go OTT with his magic, Otherwise this game could have been over much sooner. As it was, I handled his magic phase very well. The only spells he got through were Total Power and one dispel snake eyes, I took out his storm daemon Warlock in Turn 3 and from then on it was a walk in the park.
I did a tactical error with charging the Giant Rats in Turn 1 because I was out of Cauldron range, but even so it almost worked. For the rest, there were one or two errors that I would not make in hindsight, but mostly my plans were wrecked by my opponents superb dice.
A ratling should not normally take out a chariot in one turn, and the death of my flying noble in Turn 2 was most unfortunate.
Even then I could have managed it if my Witches ha not totally nerfed their attacks.
I am convinced the army can take heavy shooters, due to it’s great warmachine/shooter hunting abilities and good morale/Immunity to psych on the combat troops.

My enemy had not much to say about the army, he found it very intriguing to see an infantry based army of the Druchii. He prophesied big problems with classical all Cav armies, but agreed that I played a skaven tailored list and could field the Cold One Breaker as well as assassins and Executioners to deal with Cav.
He found the Cauldron to expensive for what it did, but that may be due to my lousy rolling on my ward saves and abysmal to wound rolls (with or without rerolls)

Having survived only due to her extreme resistance to poisons, earned by years and years of training with the meost dangerous substances known to the Temple of Khaine, Seeth'la looked again at a battlefield full of corpses, mainly her battlesisters scattered with giant rats and mishappen skaven mutants. The temple had been looted, the Cauldron taken by the Skaven for whatever nefarious purpose had brought them to the surface in the first place.

Seeth'la knew that she could not go back to Ghrond. Her superiors in the Cult would want her head for her failure. There was only one way to go.
She would gather the scattered remains of the temple guard, disgraced as herself, and move out towards the plains of Ghrond, to seek atonement in battle against her former sisters...
Nekroskop
Highborn

Post by Nekroskop »

This – was an insult. No less. On her way to the plains of Ghrond, Seeth’la had once again collected a faithful band of witches, out for blood in the name of Khaine, disgruntled as her-self in the useless attacks on the Asur scum while heretics were trying to bring down the mother temple. And now, what stood in her way? A band of GOBLINS! The lowest Green-skins of them all, a pest that dared to crawl from the woods now that the Druchii were at each others throats. They weren’t even fit for a sacrifice to Khaine. This was more – pest control…

Goblin Waagh Boss with 4+ Ward Save and Bound ‘Eadbutt
Goblin BSB with Sword of Might
Goblin Shaman with Powerstone and Double whatever
Goblin Shaman with Powerstone and Madcap Mushrooms
2* 40 Night Goblins with Netters and 3 Fanatics
8 Wolfboyz with Bows, light Cav
4 Chariots
Giant
Stonethrower
4 River Trolls

Facing that was good old Seeth’la, this time in this incarnation

Hag Queen with Mortal Fury, Wyrmrose, Temple Scourge
Priestess of Khaine with Mortal Fury, Temple Scourge
Noble on CoC, Heavy armour, SDC, Shield, Seal of Ghrond, Blade of Spite

2*12 Witch Elves, Full Command, once Manbane, once Purple Orchid
10 Warriors with X-Bows
9 Zealots with Adept, Purple Orchid
10 Sanguine Brides
War Hydra
Cauldron

Army Selection

I am always concerned about hew really small ToK armies are. Even though I was not facing a real Horde, I was seriously outnumbered. An those four chariots gave me a real head-ache…

My original idea was to have an assassin with the Zealots, but then I realized that I don’t need him for anything. He wouldn’t win me a combat to the front, Goblin characters are not worth a Killing Blow, and the normal gobos hit my Zealots already on 5.
I then thought about a noble with the Scouting Cloak, but came to the same conclusion – the Zealots with adept are hard enough.

Instead I went for the noble on chariot, to have something to kill the inevitable giant and to take Chariot charges. Cold One chariots usually survive a charge from a goblin chariot, and the noble and cold one should then be able to take it out. The blade of spite was something I’d never tried before and fitted nicely into the Temple theme.

I toyed around with a Chosen of Khaine instead of the 2 Temple Scourges, but in my experi-ence, people magic exactly once the unit with MR, afterwards they shoot the rest of your army while you spent 50 points for zilch. The Sanguine Brides and Seal of Ghrond pushed my DD to a comfortable 6, so I should survive the first two rounds until my harpies or Zealots start taking out mages.

The Hydra was my Backup plan for the giant, and also Terror is very good against Trolls (which I knew he’d bring) and well, all around useful against a goblin horde.

The 10 Warriors were just something to take out overeager fanatics and a wolfrider or three.

Terrain

We had an artillery position, a big hill, and two woods. I won the roll for placement and took the first wood to the middle left. My opponent chose the artillery placement, which I answered with a second wood to the middle right. Now I had a very nice funnel he’d have to come through where I could lure his fanatics out. He grumbled and took the big hill.

Deployment

He outdeployed me of course. I placed my Cauldron, witches and witch characters in the center to face the funnel and his two big regiments with all characters, general and shaman left, BSB and shaman right. On my left flank the sanguine brides, Hydra and X-Bows faced the Rock Lobba, Giant, 2 Chariots and the Trollz.
The right flank saw the two remaining chariots and the Wolfboyz faced by, well, nothing, but my chariot was behind the woods and could go over there. My Harpies lurked behind the woods to take off to wherever their sacrifice was needed. The ealots were in the right would where they could threaten the BSB regiment and the Wolfriders.

First turn Goblins
No one is stupid or has animosity. The advance orients itself on the slow big regiments. Only on the right his Wolfboyz move ahead full speed.
Magic costs me my first scourge, nothing else, wolfboy bows and rocklobba go wide.

First Turn DE
My left harpies sacrifice themselves and get pulverized by three madcap mushrooms fanat-ics. Feathers and bone everywhere, oh my. Annyoingly, they were not close enough to trig-ger the second units fanatics.
That job goes unwittingly to my hydra, who advances to get charged by the Trolls and giant and lead them into the wood with an overrun. She takes two fanatics but only loses 2 wounds.
The sanguine brides stay in countercharge position, the chariot backs up to face the Wolf-boyz, and the witches in the center rearranged themselves a little (he deployed his regiments 8 wide, so I comforted him by going to 7/5 formation ;) The zealots moveto the edge of the forest and take a good look at the wolfs and the shaman.
Shooting takes 2 wounds from the leftmost chariot.

Second Turn Gobbos
The fanatics take another round at the hydra but only kill one beastmaster and now block the charge from the trolls. Another fanatic visits the Trolls, but all but one wound is regenerated. The Giant goes towards my hydra, the two chariots charge my X-Bowmen. They go stupid anyway. He backs up his big units in the center to my advise, he will try to soften me up with magic some more. The Wolfboyz swing around the woods and take potshots at my chariot.
Magic sees my second scourge go and he headbutts a wound off my Queen, that’s it.
I stand and shoot the dmaged chariot, the other doesn’t make it. But now, a fanatic is be-tween my brides and the chariot, and he is in charge range, aarg…

Second Turn Dark Elves
My Hydra goes for the giant, I hope to weaken him for the brides. The brides have to go for the chariot which flees, but luckily, I don’t have to touch the fanatic (was a 4+ thing). My char-iot charges the wolfriders, the Zealots the regiment with BSB and Shaman.
Despite lurking fanatics, I advance my center witches a little, as I don’t want to spend the rest of the game waiting.
My X-Bow Men execute the nosy fanatic in front of them.
My Hydra manages to wound the giant only twice, despite the cauldron (if you only hit twice, you can do only two wounds…) The giant raises his Club to mash my wee beastie, but nim-bly my Hydra steps aside! Initiative test on 2 to avoid 2d6 S6 hits, 1! The giant loses and BREAKS! Booyah! And the flees an astonishing 2 inches two get run down by the staggering 3 inches of my Hydra, haha!
Due to his backup move (tell me again why I advised him to do so?) only my adept and two Zealots get in contact, the Adept with the shaman. He forgets to challenge my zealots and throws some nets, costing me 2 attacks overall. Te shaman goes down anyway, but the BSB shrugs of the attacks of my Zealots. He then kills three of them and they are chased though a fanatic, killing another three. They are now in front of my witches an block their charge! I ever I wished for a failed rally test…
My chariot does unbelievable 3 impact hits and kills two wolves – that’s it. My noble, Crew-man and 2 Cold ones fail to do a single wound… I lose by one, but hold. This is no good start with a chariot waiting in your flank.

Goblins turn 3
My personal fanatic takes another go at the trolls but doesn’t manage to get one down. They charge my Hydras Flank. The chariot is too afraid to attack my chariot, and the fleeing one leaves the board. It’s getting a little clearer on the tabletop. The middle chariot tries to take down some witches from my priestess’ unit. More fanatics die, the stonethrower kills some trees. The trolls barf all over my hydra who loses another 2 Wounds

Her return attack is sadly completely regenerated, so she loses by 4 but holds!

My noble is once again a showpiece of inbreeding and manages to kill two meagre goblins while the chariot hangs back. The makes it a draw, but the wolfs have a musician… Well, I hold.

The chariot manages to kill 2 witches (thank Khaine for 5+Wards) and my priestess takes it out. Overrun stops in front of my zealots.

DE Turn 3
Did I mention that I never, ever fail a rally roll when It were good for me? Of course my ad-epts rally in front of my witches and keep them from charging the BSB Goblins. As a re-sponse, I put my priestess witches 10 wide – let those goblins come…
My Brides advance into countercharge position for the Trolls – but I fail to think of their fol-lowing move…
My harpies fly over to the cauldron, from where they can snipe the second mage. And could potentially support my chariot (but I can’ t believe the guy keeps on rolling so bad). My witches all move up to catch those pesky greenskins.

Guess who flounders all his attacks again? Riiight, the (ig)noble on chariot, arr. The Cold ones manage to bring the wolfs down to three, but they still outnumber, have a chariot, the noble holds. I begin to believe in a conspiracy, this guy is sitting around there with his Gobbo buddies while my girls slug it out with the fanatics, hmmm.

My Hydra manages to kill a troll, but he comes right back and covered in troll spew my hy-dra is getting icky and runs – the green lumps don’t catch her, at least something.

Goblins turn 4

The wolf chariot finally decides to hit my chariot, while the BSB Goblin decide it’s better to charge than to be charged. My Zealots flee, and he crashes with his enormous 8 wide front rank into my 10 wide witches. The trolls, out of generals range, tumble forward and chase my hydra a little closer to the table edge and they are out of my Brides charge arc. GRMBLFX. Will those ladies see any action today?

His shaman sees the error of his colleagues ways and hides next to his unit from the harpies.

The goblin chariot miserably fails his charge into my CO Chariot, doing all of 2 wounds. My noble for the first time in this game rolls a 5 and a 6 for the sword of spite and kills two wolf riders. But once again, that’s it. Guess what? Outnumber, Banner, same number of wounds. He tests, he holds. This is becoming a running gag.
Well, do I have to go into details what happens when Nightgoblins with shields and spears charge witch elves? I killed no less than 17 of the buggers but didn’t catch them.

DE Turn 4
My Blood brides turn around to see the trolls, I shoot down one with my X-Bows. Both witch units attack, the already fleeing BSB Goblins go 12 inch and escape my witches, but the generals unit foolishly chooses to stay.
The Harpies fly next to them to charge either the Rocklobba or shaman next turn.
My noble finally, at least, after what seems like hours (and actually were hours) kills the last goblin wolf rider, but the goblin chariot holds.
His general challenges, and my champion accepts (she has the man, er, goblinbane after all) She takes two wounds of him before he strikes hr down (for zero overkill). My Queen, due to nets, only has 4 attacks, but kills 4 goblins nevertheless, resulting in 4 more S3 hits from wyrmrose. One more gobbo goes down. Then it’s all over bar the shouting, I win by nine or something, but once again fail to catch the goblins.

Gobbo Turn 5.
He rallies the generals unit, the BSB runs off the board. He aims his rocklobba on my queens unit – and it deviates on the head of his waaghboss, who fails his “look out, boss” (They probably pushed him into it for that great plan)
At this point, my opponent conceded, he didn’t want anymore pain.

Fazit:
Difficult to glean something from a game like this, because my opponent had no experience at all with goblin hordes (he didn’t even know he was allowed more characters)
Anyway – multiple Harpy units are perfect against fanatics, weapon teams, whatever. I’ll never leave the Temple without two of those again.

A relaxed smile passed over Seeth’las face. Those Greenskins had been a nice warm up for her, before she would encounter real enemies. She patted one of the War Hydras Heads while it was feasting on the giants carcass. She would have a stern word with that useless noble, though. Even though this was barely a real battle, toying around with your victims for so long stank of Slaaneshi playfulness.

Onwards, my brides. The plains of Ghrond await us…
Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Beastmaster kurlan »

wow! a lot of great battles. well done.
Deathraider
Black Guard

Post by Deathraider »

They must have been fun to play and very tense, nice reports :D
Death is near.

Beastmaster kurlan: hmm i dunno itl definately go to tournies anyway, as he has the spear and hod anyway, but its in blakc and white so woohoo kb hail of doom.
Me: I h8 u lol :P
just coz i found a legend combo and u didnt