High Elves are chasing the Druchii out of Naggaroth!

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

High Elves are chasing the Druchii out of Naggaroth!

Post by Langmann »

The high elves are laying it to the druchii in the Druchii.Net online campaign! They now have a clear lead at the Wrath Gate and will probably have the site secured by the end of this week!

Perhaps the druchii are a lot weaker than I thought...

http://campaign.druchii.net
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Ragnarok
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Reading ancient books to learn, so I can bring the Apocolypse sooner.

Post by Ragnarok »

NO your wrong were just assembling our forces because each and every druchii khainite or slaaneshi will destroy their own soul before having that happen. I will prove it to you, my army is about to march threw the wrath gate against my weakling kin.
http://www.asur.org.uk/ulthuan/viewtopic.php?t=11002 Look at this and fight for Malekith.
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Post by General kala »

The Black Lotus is planning a major counteroffensive. At what point is the Wrath Gate considered lost? I won't be able to engage the enemy until early next week.
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Ragnarok
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Reading ancient books to learn, so I can bring the Apocolypse sooner.

Post by Ragnarok »

In that case it is up to Ragnarok to bring the apocolypse to the Asur* thank Khaine/Slaanesh my next door neighbour plays Asur, and thank Khaine/Slaanesh even more because he doesnt play good*, they will all die by my hands.
http://www.asur.org.uk/ulthuan/viewtopic.php?t=11002 Look at this and fight for Malekith.
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

Go forth and kick their pasty elven behinds. I will be fighting a 3000 pointer on tuesday. I will see if I can muster another fight this weekend at the local game store.
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Jiangwei
Highborn

Post by Jiangwei »

i am fighting a battle tonight, and hopefully all the other weekends nights as well.
MotionLotion wrote:
Jor-El wrote:
funkamental wrote:I agree with everything pmpn8ez just said.
I agree with everything funkamental just said...

I agree with everything Jor-El just said...

I agree with MotionLotion.
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

hah, i have 9 battles lined up against oppenents this weekend alone, 5 of them have high elves. none of them have yet to beat me Khael Vraneth's sister Lelith is currently flying south with a fast assult force from Har Ganeth.
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

The Asur are in the lead at the Wrath gate, and they're gaining more ground as we speak. Somebody, please stop them!

- Nag
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

At what percentage will the Wrath Gate be considered lost?
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

The current percentage (although not updated yet, it'll have to wait until Sunday evening CET) is 55% Asur, 45% Druchii.
Remember that Arnhelm is not availible to report battles to, all reports on Arnhelm goes automatically on The Wrath Gate

- Nag
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

Right, I'm only reporting at Wrath Gate. But my question is what percentage of Wrath Gate do the High Elves have to take in order for it to be considered lost and the Shadow Gate fully constructed?
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

I know what you asked, and I have absolutely no idea. You'll have to wait for Jeff to answer that one.

- Nag
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

I just did a scouting mission to ulthuan.org. We've got major problems.

- They are completely organized against us. They've got a single front to fight on and they know it. They are fired up about posting as many wins as possible to Wrath Gate.

- They are playing all comers as "Druchii Mercenaries". They kick the butts of any race and log it as a win for the Asur.

- Similarly, they are telling any race that wants to fight that they can post their wins as counting for the Asur. I hate to say it, but it was Langmann's answer to my own question on this very site that brought this on. I was just trying to ensure that everybody in my game group got to play if they wanted, but now I'm sort of regretting it.

- They are not posting any losses at all. So much for Asur honor.

Conclusion - we're boned. The deck is stacked heavily in their favor. We have to either start playing by their WAAC tactics, focus ALL GAMES on Wrath Gate and win every last one (Druchii in a fair fight?) or get used to the idea of a Shadow Gate in the next official GW fluff.
King al'tenetra
Slave on the Altar

Post by King al'tenetra »

Interesting. I, as a Tomb King, have two choices now:

One of my friends plays High Elves, and has never beaten me.

Another one of my friends plays Dark Elves, and he too has never beaten me.

What am I to do? Fight for the Dark Elves of the Asur? Depends on who I want to kill. Then again, all elves look the same to me :D .
And he did smite his foes with the strength of the gods...

-Part of the Burial Inscriptions of King Al'Tenetra
Enthardon
Highborn

Post by Enthardon »

Kala ~

In all fairness, I have downplayed the idea of using all opponents as druchii mercenaries and have attempted to make sure everyone sticks to posting *only* battles against a real druchii opponent.

On a fluff note:

The shadow gate is the size of the griffon gate in Ulthuan and will take years to complete. This is just the initial effort to hold you guys back, so don't get too worried. I'm starting to feel bad that my efforts are detracting from the main focus of this campaign.

Timmy

p.s. I am the Loremaster TimmyMWD over at Asur.org, in case that wasn't already known.
Burn Naggaroth

Enthardon the Aesenar
Loremaster of Ulthuan.org

Enthardon - Part of official GW fluff
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

Timmy,

I appreciate your reply.

You are being absolutely fair when you say that you are personally downplaying the mercenary thing. I have just been in far too many situations where I play fairly, honestly, and for everyone's benefit and then get made miserable by jerks who are just out to win it (WAAC has entered my day to day vocabulary now). Not just in gaming either. Whoever first said "cheaters never prosper" was obviously a moron.

But I apologize if I was unjust. If everyone is playing honestly (posting both wins and losses and playing the appropriate races as often as possible) then I certainly withdraw my concerns. I do appreciate any efforts you make to help keep your crew on the up and up. Reading all the posts on your site just made me worried that we were taking it up the loophole like chumps. I don't mind losing if it is a fair game.

But I also want to make it clear that I am personally very grateful for your contributoins to this campaign. In character, Kala will fume about Asur presence in her land. But as for me, I think that the Asur incursion is a great element and adds dimension to the story. I sincerely liked your fluff piece that you posted a few days back. If you have been reading my fluff, you will notice that I am trying to fement a rich, deep story with lots of subplots and interwoven characters. So don't feel bad that your efforts have taken things in a direction than wasn't expected. I wasn't expecting to get mentioned or become the defacto leader of an alliance. I probably wouldn't be contributing to nearly the same extent if it weren't for the Arnheim front.

Once again, thank you for the reply and thank you for all your efforts to keep your people playing in the spirit of the game. If the High Elves do take Wrath Gate (never!), the loss will be less bitter knowing that Prince Enthardon led his troops in an honorable manner.

Kala

P.S. How's the Caledorian brandy? :D
Black hydra
The Warlord

Post by Black hydra »

Ah! :shock:

I'm going to get some battles done this weekend to hopefully tip the scales... well if I win :roll:
There once was a High Elf named Bill
He went out and fought with all his will
Along came the hydra
and fried Bill with fire
And that was the end of poor Bill.
----
Try out the Warlord at http://www.druchii.net/tbf/Warlord_v1.00.zip
Spartan
Trainee Warrior

Post by Spartan »

General Kala wrote:- They are playing all comers as "Druchii Mercenaries". They kick the butts of any race and log it as a win for the Asur.

- Similarly, they are telling any race that wants to fight that they can post their wins as counting for the Asur.

- They are not posting any losses at all. So much for Asur honor.

well, Kala, i must admit that i have been one of the lead "recruiters" on asur.org. however, you must consider that i have only actually gotten about 2 or 3 confirmed people; its not like there are many people that actually want to help the "arrogant" HE. you also have to consider that when you specifically state that other armies can play, it will be very hard to keep them excluded from a campaign(nobody likes to be left out ;) ) im truly sorry if you think this is being cheap and being a "power gamer", but if you look closely we are actually thinking about fluffy reasons for other armies to fight before we jump the gun and go into action.
also, i have no idea where youre getting the part about not posting losses. are you suggesting that everyone on the site is secretly conspiring to not post losses? this is absurd to say about any community (especially the noble asur ;) :D ), and there is no thread anywhere that suggests not posting losses.
so overall i must say that i disagree with your arguments against us. we are definitely not power gaming or cheating, so there's no reason to impune upon our honor :) . however i can really see where youre coming from about the mercenary armies (and good ol' enthardon, too), and i promise ill try to tone down on reeling in all the "good army" players (except WE, find my reasons on machaira's battle glade).
cheers, and may the campaign turn out great!
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

I think my past comments were taken out of context. It is impossible for us to control exactly what people decide to do in their own homes and log as wins or losses in the campaign. Therefore I tend to take a somewhat lenient approach. What else can we do?

I think my comments were taken out of context. It is important to try and play within the boundaries of the campaign as much as possible, given the large amount of leniency we have given. For a contested area such as the Wrath Gate, it would be appropriate for people to use Dark Elf and High Elf lists (and sublists such as SOC lists or those created for this campaign) in that area as much as possible. If people start deviating beyond those lists in a large way, it will only result in all players reporting any win against any race in a manner preferential to their own crusade. For example, Dark Elf players will start reporting any DE win even against say Dwarfs, in the Wrath Gate because they really don't want the HE to win. This wouldl really bugger the campaign wouldn't it?

Remember that this is a friendly campaign, and for a campaign to work it involves cooperation between people, just like a game of warhammer requires friendly cooperation no matter what the setting.

Trying to win at all costs would be considered NOT within the spirit of the game.

I am sure you can all decide based upon your conscience as a reasonable person what is not in the spirit of the game, we're all grown-ups.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

Well, I guess I opended a can of worms. Spartan, please allow me to explain myself. I want to say up front that I am not trying to impugn your honor or make accusations toward anyone who is playing honorably. I appreciate your honesty (and extensive use of reassuring smiley faces) and respect your opinions. I would sincerely like to cultivate the best possible relationship with players and contributors on all sides. If I am wrong on this I'd like someone who knows better to tell me so.

The counter on the site has been moving for a week now in tiny increments. A few points flipped back and forth. No side ever got more than 10 percentage points or so ahead of the other. It looked like it was going to be a hard-fought battle that was in play for the better part of the campaign. Now suddenly we going to lose it all in less than two days???? I am having difficulties understanding how such a sudden and dramatic turn of events came to play. It's like seeing a snail who has spent an hour crossing the sidewalk suddenly get up and chase down a speeding truck on the freeway. The posts on asur.org seemed to confirm my worst fears that someone is working the system.

If the looming Asur victory at Wrath Gate is legit then, like I said, I withdraw my concerns. Again, I don't mind losing a fair game. I couldn't relocate the post that got me to list not posting losses, so I may have misinterpreted or been mistaken. I am not too proud to admit a mistake. I am just at a loss to understand how things have turned so quickly and am also a bit frustrated that the battle site may be lost before I can get to play more than two games on it.

langmann wrote:Trying to win at all costs would be considered NOT within the spirit of the game

I would rather lose in character than win by cheese. If Wrath Gate is to fall, then General Kala will likely go down like Leonidas at Thermopylae.

I am sure you can all decide based upon your conscience as a reasonable person what is not in the spirit of the game, we're all grown-ups.

My sincere hope as well.
Jiangwei
Highborn

Post by Jiangwei »

i just massacred 1000pts worth of HE at wrath gate.

this little natter you guys are having is very interesting, and it has certainly made me want to go and read some of the fluff on asur.org, so i think i shall go and do that right now.....

on the subject of the aforementioned 'little natter', i would just like to say that it would frustrate me also if wrath gate closed before i got a chance to have more than 3 games there. one of the reasons for this maybe linked with the fact that i only got one game played in the whole of the SoC. when that campaign finally ended, i thought 'oh crap, i have just missed out on a whole month of solid painting, modeling and gaming, and know i am going to have to wait at least another 2 years for a global campaign like that one to come up again.' i was very angry with myself for wasting the summer like i did, and only comforted myself by saying 'oh well, at least i have learned, ready for the next warhammer campaign thing'. however, when i heard about this D.net campaign, i was over the moon. it was like christmas come early, as both my mother and one of my friends plays HE, but more importantly, it was like having the chance to change what i had done wrong in SoC.

so, by now you may be wondering what i am trying to get at here. well, i think there are two things that i am trying to say:

1) don't ruin this campign like people ruined SoC by bickering and arguing.

2) please, everyone, play fair and don't cheat.

both of the above points apply to everyone participating in this campaign, not just HE and DE.

thx for reading, and a big congrats to any of you who didn't fall asleep while reading that :D
MotionLotion wrote:
Jor-El wrote:
funkamental wrote:I agree with everything pmpn8ez just said.
I agree with everything funkamental just said...

I agree with everything Jor-El just said...

I agree with MotionLotion.
Enthardon
Highborn

Post by Enthardon »

I think everyone here is in consensus - nobody here or at asur.org plans on ruining the spirit of this campaign, so lets get back to the tabletop and kick some butt. :D
Burn Naggaroth

Enthardon the Aesenar
Loremaster of Ulthuan.org

Enthardon - Part of official GW fluff
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

i have just played 3 games against HE in a row 1 at my club and 2 skirmishes against my friend during the England Walse match. 3 victorys to me at wrath gate.
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Scion of naggaroth
Noble

Post by Scion of naggaroth »

Are there any high elf players or darl elf players in huddersfield?
Haven't been able to find any. Please contact me. Wanna take part in campaingn but no one to play vs. pls rsvp
Group 20
Alidith Du'Sletch

(WS) 5 (S) 4 (T) 2 (D) 4 (I) 4

Skills; 2 weapon fighting, Uncontrollable frenzy

Equipment; Longsword, Dagger, Winter cloak, Map of an Estate, Letter, 150 gold coins
Svart
Highborn

Post by Svart »

Damn the 8 hours working day.... I can play only on weekends, so, sadly, it's just impossible for me to report dozens of victories without cheating. And I can guarantee that noone in my gaming community reported a single game that wasn't fought... But, I guess, loremasters can do something to prevent cheating, don't they? If all asur.org members post no losses at all, that would seem strange at the very least.
...Evil will never creep into an empty head...