About some nasty posts

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Lother
Corsair

About some nasty posts

Post by Lother »

I have seen some people in these forums saying that in Asur.org there are people not being fair players. This are my answers:

First: I think Timmy and all the Loremasters&staff of Asur.org have been leading the involvement of the High elves in the campaing impeccably, so they can't be blamed for absolutely nothing.

Second: I'm the one who said you could fight other army as mercenary, because that's what I saw there, posted by Langmann.
I've read that we, the asur, are organized against you and that we are "cheating" by posting battle results against other armies as druchii. I have to say in defence of Asur.org and it's members that only I and perhaps less than 3 people had talked about such things (3 of nearly 1000 members), and only in case there weren't any other rivals around (and I said it had to be posted in the details it was a merc. army). I think it's fair to let people be involved in the campaign if there is nobody around them who plays dark elves.

But it's funny to read things like those from you, when nearly half the most crowded subforums in this flesh&blood forum talk about redirecting their attacks on Arnhelm and the gate, talking about alliances between the cult and khainites against us in the middle of your civil war, ... It's funny that in a forum with 7.000 members some people are crying because they see that in a 1000 member forum less than 10 people talk about organization of that campaign, and blame the entire Asur.org forum because only 1 talks about the rules posted in druchii.net that allow dark elven players to post victories against a human or dwarf player to count as victories against the Asur.

It could be great to see the number of battles posted in each battle location, perhaps in this civil war, while there's 20 in Ghrond and the chaos wastes there could even be 300 or something like that in Arnhelm.
Of course that's not cheating, it's ...
It could be funny that after hundreds of years there has been fighting in Arnhelm and they finally conquer it in the midst of a civil war...

So, Asur.org and it's members in no way are cheating, only two or three people have talked about the rules posted in druchii.net (I'm one of them) that benefit the druchii, and I even think something really "strange" is happening against Arnhelm with those massive alliances.

I'm talking for myself and I'm sure most of the Asur.org members don't share my thoughts, but I feel that some members of druchii.net are using too much victimism.

Thanks, and sorry for entering this site like this, although I dislike your army ;) , I really like the site and the sense of humor of the members, but I feel some people have talked too much and too bad about us.
Master of mordor
Corsair

Post by Master of mordor »

Thats all we have to say....

Welcome again Lother.

The same post is on Asur.org, isn't it? :D

Yeah, show them!!!
What is your life?
My bonour is my life.
What is your fate?
My duty is my fate.
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Post by General kala »

This is all my fault. Things have kinda spiraled out of control from what I was originally intending to get across. I guess this is the point that I have to admit that I screwed things up pretty badly. Please allow me to explain myself.

I was stunned to see that we were suddenly about to lose the Wrath Gate site after only a week into the game. I hadn't seen the counter move more than a few points to black or blue and then BOOM it was going to be gone before I could even play more than two games (my next game with a High Elf opponent for this campaign is on tuesday night). My only logical conclusion was that it would require an order of magnitude more games played and won by High Elf opponents in the last day or so.

When I went to asur.org my first impression was of an organized and zealous effort. I wasn't intending to point a finger and say "cheater", only that we were in serious trouble - our opponents were organized, were using the rules to their advantage, and we didn't seem to have much of a chance. In retrospect it did sound like was hurling accusations. I also misinterprested the "not posting losses" thing. I regret that.

As for my part in this "alliance", I was honestly expecting my fluff to be a subplot - that I was to be filling in the gaps while the cults duked it out. (I only have one other Dark Elf opponent, who is a veteran, but a couple of High Elves and other races). But then very few other serious fluff efforts materialized for the cults and I was suddenly "Master of the Wrath Gate" (as an Asur posted dubbed me). This alliance just kinda materialized. I was only ad-libbing it and trying to play in character.

I can only apologize for the bad vibe that my panic response has cast over the whole thing. I don't mind losing an honest game and if everyone is playing in the spirit of the game, then I sincerely and most humbly apologize. I'm going to post this message at asur.org and hopefully put this to rest. Enthardon/Timmy has stated it best - that we should all just let it drop and get back to playing an honest, enjoyable game.
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

I think it is time to let this drop.

From what I have seen Asur org is doing a fine job of playing. Everyone calm down, I think we all should drop it.

What I meant was that we cannot control who logs what as which kind of battle, and which races. After all we're not going to stand over and watch, because we're all mature people.

If two brothers have only each other to play, and they only have HE and Orc armies, and they really want to play in the campaign, then someone can make up some fluff about the Orcs working for the DE.

Of course real DE battles against real HE players would be preferred, but I'm not going to be a real sticky bugger here.

Anyhow about a DE Khaine and Slaanesh alliance: if that happens, well that is always possible. Both Khaine and Slaanesh hate the HE and vica versa! So game on with whatever you decide to do.

I'm gonna lock this because I figure everyone is really ready to play friendly.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."