General Kala

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

General Kala

Post by Langmann »

I like the way this guy has put a lot of effort into the fluff, and played games as well.

I asked him if he was interested in doing a battle for the campaign, maybe to influence the result of one of the HE vs DE battlesites. He has some friends who would play the HE and I trust him to do a decent battle report even if he loses. (he has logged losses in the campaign).

So what do you say about making up some fluff reason for him and his friend to have a battle about, have it dramatically effect one of the sites, and be a bat-rep to make it into the Druchii.net monthly?
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

Absolutely - how about at the Wrath Gate? A big push from one side or the other to open/seal it. We could have it result in a big (10-20% swing) depending on the level of victory

Great idea -
J
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

jeffleong13 wrote:Absolutely - how about at the Wrath Gate? A big push from one side or the other to open/seal it. We could have it result in a big (10-20% swing) depending on the level of victory

Great idea -
J

Sounds good to me. Do you want to write a little fluff piece to start them off? Or should we wait until the battle is played?
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

Let's wait until it's done - when is he going to do it?

Better yet, can he do a series of 3 battles?

J
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

Hes done the first battle. I told him to send me the report as well as the pictures by the end of this week. As soon as I get something solid in my hands we can update the fluff, I figure.

He played an interesting battle in his words:

I won the battle. I'm compiling our notes right now.

Essentially, we both made an army to fit the fluff. Story-wise, I sent diversionary forces and then attempted a daring commando strike from the rear through the new tunnel. I took only forces that I could get through a large but rough tunnel - infantry, cavalry and the hydra. No reapers or chariots.

His take was that he had a large scouting force that stayed behind for rear guard. When they noticed our advance they literally called in the cavalry. So he had shadow warrirors, dragon princes, eagles, mounted heroes, a prince on another damn griffin (and me without my reapers) and silver helms out the wazoo.

I held out by dominating the magic phase. I took three sorceresses on dark steeds who killed way more than their point value. He wanted a pure swift strike force and had little in the way of magic defense. It saved me.

If he does good then we'll consider giving him another go at it.

Also I have been urging Vorchild's club on to doing some big DE vs Chaos battle, so hopefully that will work out.
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

Excellent - I will have the Day 15 update done today and will send to you. We'll include this next time.

J