GW and the campaign

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Aravargaldean
Trainee Warrior

GW and the campaign

Post by Aravargaldean »

alright folks, druchii and asur both. We all know that GW is watching this campaign. Now what do u think will happen. you can assume to whichever side wins, so and so...

so, what do u think?

I'll post my ideas once I'm done thinking of them :roll:
Aravar Galdean-

The High Prince of Tiranoc (mainly because no one else is brave enough to live there :wink:)

I'm known as MavisDavis01 in Asur.org
Ragnarok
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Reading ancient books to learn, so I can bring the Apocolypse sooner.

Post by Ragnarok »

Druchii will win of course what else could you even think.
http://www.asur.org.uk/ulthuan/viewtopic.php?t=11002 Look at this and fight for Malekith.
Mtucache
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mtucache »

Well, I think we've kind of stuck ourselves in a bind really... it's kind of a no-win situation for the Druchii enthusiast, regardless of the outcome.

Fighting a war on your home soil is going to result in a lot of devastation for all of the Dark Elves.

I'd say there won't be any real repercussions until the next publications are put out (whether that's 7th edition or whatever), and that will basically trace the story exactly as we lay it out.

If the ToK win, Morathi may not be alive in our next book... likewise, if the CoP win, she may get as far as usurping power from Malekith.

As for the other races/armies involved, if the current trend holds up, we could be looking at a much larger HE population (and stronghold) to our south, a much further south border in the north (as Chaos continues to take advantage of our in-fighting).

Bottomline, I think it will all just be fluff related, nothing to do with the gameplay itself. Hopefully the ToK list is adopted as a valid army, but it would have to be a creation of their own (for copywrite purposes of course)...

I'd say... get ready to stop invading Ulthuan, and get ready for Ulthuan to start invading us. That is, unless we can all pull together, find a way to post more victories in our own campaign, and come up with some pretty strong fluff that suggests we've decimated Arnhiem.

:?
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Post by General kala »

This campaign is going to last a while. I think any speculation is premature. Last week I thought I was going to go down like Tasha Yarr in the first season of STNG. Now I'm back to trying to muster the forces to defend Wrath Gate. Tomorrow it may be closed again. The Shadow Gate could be completed. Or destroyed. Ghrond could burn to the ground. Morathi could be assassinated. Malekith may opt to take sides. Who knows?

Honestly, I think that everyone is better off forgetting that GW is watching. We will enjoy ourselves more, write better fluff and make a richer storyline. If we are playing in the hopes of influencing the GW staff, then we are playing for the wrong reasons.
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

well said Kala Well said i couldn't have put it better myself, in all the GW campagins i have fought in i forgot about GW and simply played for the fun, and fluff.
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Lord tareq
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord tareq »

I for one don't like this campaign at all, even if it had no consequences at all. And I find it rather strange that GW will use a campaign from an unofficial fan-community as a guidance of how it will write future fluff. :|
I think it's absurd a website community like druchii.net is capable of making a campaign like this that will have such an impact on our future fluff....
Now it's been ten thousand years. Man has cried a billion tears.
For what he never knew, now man's reign is through.

But through eternal night. The twinkling of starlight.
So very far away. Maybe it's only yesterday.
Alkkrision
Daemon Prince

Post by Alkkrision »

Well they very well might take a look at this for future fluff. Because of most of our arguing, we got the rules updated and our armies were made even better. Therefore, it wouldn't be such a bad idea to update the fluff. However we need to see how this campaign goes first, I'm weaving some of my fluff around it.
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Lord Tareq wrote:I for one don't like this campaign at all, even if it had no consequences at all. And I find it rather strange that GW will use a campaign from an unofficial fan-community as a guidance of how it will write future fluff. :|
I think it's absurd a website community like druchii.net is capable of making a campaign like this that will have such an impact on our future fluff....
You clearly don't have much knowledge in how GW works. Games Workshop is a company, that company depends on its clients, its purchasers, us. Now, Druchii.net is by far the largest one-race community on the web, and our voice is really darn strong. If 6300 of Games Workshop's customers cries out for a chage in the fluff, they'll have to listen. And thanks to some of our members with nice GW contacts, they might not only listen, they might even obey.

Besides, a slight change in fluff does not change the game system, it does not make a race powerful, it does not make a race weaker. All it is, is some letters on paper with mere theoretical stuff. On the other hand, if GW was not to listen to us, they fear they might lose some players, or have players lose faith in them. One of GW's good trades is that they promise to listen to its gamers. Think about it for a while.

EDIT: Not 6300 members anymore, we're up in 7174.

As to the original question, it is too early to say anything now. Fight the campaign and see what happens. But remember, if you continue fighting Asur, this campaign won't do much good. Focus a little more on the CoP vs. ToK feud, ok?

- Nag
Last edited by Nagathi on Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord tareq
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord tareq »

True, but IMHO, this campaign is not the wish of 6300 customers. The campaign itself just doesn't reflect my opinion about how things are going in Nagaroth, and I don't like the idea of a campaign designed by (correct me if wrong) just a handfull of people, impacting the fluff as big as suggested here (I mean, a few lines of fluff okey, but a whole revision of the current fluff is not...) And imho this is a shame to the campaign, which in itself is a great campaign with a lot of work in it.

But perhaps I'm just annoyed not having any registered opponents !razz!
Now it's been ten thousand years. Man has cried a billion tears.
For what he never knew, now man's reign is through.

But through eternal night. The twinkling of starlight.
So very far away. Maybe it's only yesterday.
Enthardon
Highborn

Post by Enthardon »

You don't have to have registered opponents, just their emails. And if you don't have their email then your battle can still count - just for less than if you had your opponents email to verify the battle. I for one havfe not found someone that will give their email address for the battle report, but I still post what DE battles I *do* play, even though they count for less weight.

Timmy
Burn Naggaroth

Enthardon the Aesenar
Loremaster of Ulthuan.org

Enthardon - Part of official GW fluff