Time to get the Strategy Hat On!

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Time to get the Strategy Hat On!

Post by Langmann »

Its time for you folks to get organized. I mean get some strategy going. You need to decide for instance if hitting the Wrath Gate or hitting the 6th Gate, which is more important?

If you guys just pile on, you'll get outnumbered in one area because the other team is organized to the hilt.

Also those Khainites and those Slaaneshi need to be thinking about how to deek out the other side. As well as getting some allies from the other races going, or bashing down the other religion's allies.

What I mean is, each site has a lot of choices of which race to play against, in the North, for example, you can play against DE, Cult, Khainites, any Chaos, Orcs and Gobs. So, for example, if the Khainites wanted to win in the north, they need to get at any Chaos, Orc, Cult, or allied DE army they can and beat them down in order to take the North. Warning: This is an example, not necessarily any form of strategy and should not be taken as a winning strategy.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Maldor
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Maldor »

Well, as far as the Asur are concerned, I say we use our advantage and take the 6th gate. That'll leave the Wrath Gate surrounded, and we can starve them out before moving on Arnhiem.
Lock up your children, shut all windows tight.
The Witch Elves are hunting for victims tonight.
When old hags do knock at your door, you must hide,
Your death is the gift sought by Khaine's pretty brides.
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Post by General kala »

I see holes in this plan:

A - We would be hitting them at their strongest point. They have the advantage of numbers and strength.

B - Even if we succeed agains the odds, we would be trapped between the hammer of the Wrath Gate holding forces and the anvil of Arnheim. WE would then be fighting a two front war. Don't underestimate them. They are currently beating us.

C - If we lose the Wrath Gate site, they may gain control of the new tunnel. Then we would be completely cut off and as screwed as a Slithy Tove.

D - You've seen the Asur. They're like skin-wrapped sticks in a Can-Can dancer's skirt. They could live off of twigs and berries for months.

I say we press hard and take back the Wrath Gate, reinforce the position, then assault the 6th Gate site with our backside and supply lines secure. I want a piece of Arnheim as much as you but we have to break even first. And we need to do it right now, while the enemy is tied up in two places.

My troops march out in the morning. I hope you are all planning to fight this weekend.

But please, let's hear out everyone's ideas. These are just my thoughts. I certainly don't want to suppress what may be the winning strategy.
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Maldor
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Maldor »

Fair enough, but I worry that trying a strait push will lead to a battle of attrition that will wear out our attacking forces before it does the defending Asur, such is the nature of siege. Thus, our best approach would be a pincer. Force them to fight on both fronts and respond to us, rather than letting them choose the move. Therefore, I suggest we push at both points. The question is, what should our distribution of forces be?
Thranduil
Trainee Warrior

Post by Thranduil »

I think we should have the bluk of our forces attack the wraith gate, while a few attack the 6th gate, to pressure the HE. If we keep them pinned at the 6th gate, and under seaver pressure at the wraith gate, we will break through.
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

I think the Wrath gate site is more significant if nothing else than for my point C above. If we lose Wrath Gate again we may not be able to sustain attacks on the 6th Gate.

Also, if we fight well enough and clap it closed again we may be able to seal it back up (i.e. Wrath gate no longer an open battle site). Then the Asur are at least locked in Arnheim, regardless of whether they build their gate or not.

I suggest a 70/30 dispersal.
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Those of you who are a part of the third faction as I call you, those of you who are "neutral" in the dispute between the hags and the mistresses, you should focus on the wrath gate.
The cultists are in war against the khainists, we would never ally, not even against Asur.

- Nag
Scion of naggaroth
Noble

Post by Scion of naggaroth »

Hate to say it Nag but the fluff has already said that they will kill asur first and each other second a.k.a the shadow warriors who were found
Group 20
Alidith Du'Sletch

(WS) 5 (S) 4 (T) 2 (D) 4 (I) 4

Skills; 2 weapon fighting, Uncontrollable frenzy

Equipment; Longsword, Dagger, Winter cloak, Map of an Estate, Letter, 150 gold coins
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

to true Nagathi, and well said, i have sent my Sister the sorceress Lelith who declared her neutrality because many of her Accomplises are in the Cult. However i my self march from Har Ganeth at the Head of 8 Leigions seeking out my Tratiorous brother Khaleth Who joined the cult during the great Storm of Chaos.
As for Stratigy i think that we should concentrate on Wraith Gate with 60% of our forces stationed in the south. with the other 40% contiuning to make effective hit and run raids on the 6th Gate.
@Scion: i don't think that Morathi and Hellbronne will stop their Cat fight just to kill some Asur, no i think that there can only be one winner in that fight and only Khaine and Slannesh knows who that is?
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Beastmaster kurlan »

this is a very important decision. if we are hasty then we will die. we must use our brains. i say stop anymore from landing. afterall we can deal with what is here. but we must stop them before they get to strong.
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

By "not letting them land" I assume you mean cutting them off at the ports in Arnheim. Unfortunately, we can't post battles at Arnheim yet. If you can work out naval scenario battles you have to report them at the 6th Gate. So go get a High Elf opponent, raid an Asur ship and report your victory at the 6th Gate.
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

Man O War battles posted at the 6th Gate will be considered a fight over the supply line from Ulthuan.

J
Maldor
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Maldor »

It would seem the Asur have become something of a honour fight in this campaign. The mindset seems to be that which ever side slays the most Asur has the most credibility with the diety-neutral populous, gaining their support.
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

Actually, I see it the other way around. The deity-neutral populous considers it their sacred duty to defend the borders of Naggaroth while the cults are blinded by their earthly power struggle.

Have no doubt that the Asur are taking the most advantage of our civil war. If the Wrath Gate falls there will be nothing between the Asur and Naggarond but the Underway. And they will come.

What's more, it is not just "neutrals" who are allowed fight the Asur. Both the Temple and the Cult can just as easily put the smackdown on the Asur on the way to Ghrond or the Southern Reaches or wherever. Everyone can and should throw a regiment or three at Arnheim.