renegade forces-fluff

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Snytherion
Slave on the Altar

renegade forces-fluff

Post by Snytherion »

Snytherion surveyed the surroundings. The cold black mountains were completely silent, nothing moved and yet the druchii hed to be somewhere out there. He looked back, silently his veterans scouted the terrain. They moved in silent fluid motions, their armour making not a sound.
'Milord' whispered Ifinè, his second in command, 'There are no druchii here.'
'It cannot be, would they be stupid enough to fight amongst themselves and not notice the invasion of the Ulthuarè?'
'It seems so milord'
'Then our brethren are lucky, they should have been far more careful not to alert the druchii to our presence.'
'From what reports we received, they are faring pretty succesfull, the wrathgate is bypassed and a 6th gate is being build top strengthen our colony of Arnheim.'
'Do you think that the Druchii will ignore this display of Asur presence? This will anger them greatly, they will even forget that they were fighting eachother. At this moment the cult and the temple are probably plotting together how to kick the Asur out of Nagaroth. This is the perfect motive to raze Arnheim to the ground and destroy the High elf influence in this dark land. Why do you think we are here? I did not come here because the phoenix king approves or even commands. I am here to keep the innocent elves of Arnheim from being slaughtered as a retaliation for the carelessness of the legions of the phoenix crown.'
'I know of your grudge against the court milord, but the fact is that should they succeed Arnheim will be relatively safe. The colonists can then tighten their grip on these lands and be a starting point for a future Asur invasion.'
'Should that day come I will not be present, all out war will only result in High elf lives being destroyed and Ulthuan weakened. I have been careless enough with the lives of my men in the past, and I am not proud of that, nothing will make me be so obsessed with my goals that I will waste the lives of those who have sworn to follow me. I am here to fight small ambushes and lose little or no men, I will not march openly to war under the banner of the phoenix king. Let's go.'
He walked away, Ifinè looked at him. He never quite understood his commander, he waged war on any enemy, but he allways was very concerned with his men's survival. Ifinè had only been with his lord for a short period of three centuries, he was too young to have whitnessed the actions of his lord before that time. Snytherion never spoke of that time, but he had off course heard stories of Snytherion ruthlessly pursuing the murderer of his family. He had herd of the legion of high elves that followed him to battle and that none had returned. But Snytherion had come back from that path of darkness and slaughter. He wsa ashamed of his past, he bore the marks, all the youth had been drained out of him by grief over the loss off his father and shame off leading his legion to death. He fougth for his people not for the king, who he blaimed for the loss of his father.
Ifinè rose and walked down to the army lost in thought.
Today again no druchii, was that a good sign?
Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Beastmaster kurlan »

well written fluff. i enjoyed reading it.
Deathraider
Black Guard

Post by Deathraider »

Nice fluff it was good to read
Death is near.

Beastmaster kurlan: hmm i dunno itl definately go to tournies anyway, as he has the spear and hod anyway, but its in blakc and white so woohoo kb hail of doom.
Me: I h8 u lol :P
just coz i found a legend combo and u didnt
Invader zorg
Dark Rider

Post by Invader zorg »

so is the main dude in that story Asur or druchii?