Fluff for the High Elf portion

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Enthardon
Highborn

Fluff for the High Elf portion

Post by Enthardon »

Hey guys,

As you know I've been writing fluff for the Arnhelm portion of the campaign, and I've been trying to incorporate characters created by asur.org members (and if applicable, posting them here i.e. the loremaster of artifacts)

A recently retired Loremaster - Regulus - proposed that he be captured in the line of fire and disappear for a few weeks. He would then be rescued by Enthardon and brought back to the camp. However, all is not as it seems, as Prince Regulus was corrupted by the Cult of Slaanesh during his imprisonment, and at a crucial time in battle around the Wrath Gate he takes flight in his dragon and proves turncoat. It doesn't have to be exactly like that, but I figured a shocking turn of events would shake up the High Elf camp.

Tim
Burn Naggaroth

Enthardon the Aesenar
Loremaster of Ulthuan.org

Enthardon - Part of official GW fluff
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

Sure - we are doing a big "set piece" battle (complete with battle report) that should be up with the next fluff report. We should be able to talk about that being added at that time.

J
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Just don't let this campaign focus too much on the Asur part.
It will be interesting how things turn out now when we got seperate forums for the two factions, but I think the focus has laid too much on Druchii vs. Asur so far.

- Nag
Enthardon
Highborn

Post by Enthardon »

I agree Nagathi - the idea is something we could/prorbably should implment in a few weeks to allow focus be put on the civil war - my thoughts were in next weekend's update just post that Prince Regulus is gone, and in two weeks after that he's back or something, and then he turns Benedict Arnold.
Burn Naggaroth

Enthardon the Aesenar

Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

We can have him swept away in the big battle. Like Nagathi, I do want to turn the campaign a bit more to the internal struggle than the DE/HE one ... but at the same time, I don't want to cut you all out of the campaign.

Ideas?
J
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Idea: Don't let the Asur be a big part of the fluff. Just a few quick notes is enough. When people read more about the Khaine vs Slaanesh struggles, they will remember what the campaign is all about and (hopefully) focus a bit more on that.

- Nag
Enthardon
Highborn

Post by Enthardon »

Agreed, just a brief mention here and there about us would be enough to keep the plot going, there is no need to keep HE players interested through convincing fluff since we're already committed to it as is (although we don't mind good fluff on occassion :wink:). But yeah, go with Nagathi's plan.
Burn Naggaroth

Enthardon the Aesenar

Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

Agreed - we do want to keep HE engaged, but need to shift focus back to Slaanesh / Khaine ...

I will work up some tentative fluff and post for review.

J
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

Here is what I will say about the HE ... will also mention the capture of Regulus in the Wrath Gate report.

Irked by the temporary disruption of their sea-lanes, the Asur responded in force, sending out two full armadas to secure the sea passage to Arnhelm. Unprepared for the force of this attack, the Druchii raiders pulled back, biding their time and searching for easier prey. With the way now clear, Elthair Minithair, lord of the second legion of Saphery, set sail with a cadre of the Geomancers of Hoeth. These masters of magical construction are en route to the 6th Gate of Arnhelm, intent on speeding its completion with mystical aid.

Comments?
J