Plans in the works

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Onyx paladin
Assassin

Plans in the works

Post by Onyx paladin »

So, now that we have this wonderful private place to lay down our schemes, does anyone have any plans?

I for one think we should try and break through to the south and get the Cult Armies out of Lustria to where we can more effectively redeploy them.

Also, should we elect a general of the forces? Dark Princess is our moderator. I wasn't sure if that meant she wanted to be the leader as well. If not, perhaps we should have one? Just an idea... :idea:
"Khaine only embraces death, while the Cult of Pleasure embraces life and all of its aspects. I often wonder how people have trouble choosing between the two."

~Lady Xaniphera, preistess of Slaanesh
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

To answer your questions one at a time;

First of all, we are not making any significant progress in the south - we are getting bogged down fighting the Khainists there while the Asur are slaughtering both of our factions.

I would like to see us focus on the real fight - the civil war against the Khainists.

In this way, the Asur would be unwittingly helping us, as they are keeping the Khainists occupied while we have the chance to overrun Ghrond.

Ghrond is largely undefended as more and more Druchii head south to attack the Asur at Arnhelm and the Wrath Gate. Now is the best opportunity we will ever get to take Ghrond for ourselves. We should attack the citadel and once taken, the Cult of Pleasure will have a firm powerbase in the heart of Naggaroth. From Ghrond we will be able to control the northern regions as well as the watchtowers.

As the spiritual home of the Khainists, and the site of their most sacred temple, victory in Ghrond would strike at the very heart of Khainism in Naggaroth.

So I say let the Khainists sacrifice themselves holding back the Asur, while we take control of the north, so that when they return, they will find themselves under Slaaneshi rule...

On the other question, I am not here to run the campaign - I don't have anything like enough experience in these matters, having never played in a real campaign before. I would like all of you to see me simply as the forum moderator, and possibly as a source of ideas. I'm not a great strategist or tactician, but I do have the ability to be very single-minded. By all means appoint a general to command the CoP forces, but let's choose somebody with the strategic know-how to deliver us the great victory that we so richly deserve.

The main thing is to remember who we are fighting, and why. In war, it is easy to forget the reason why we go to war in the first place. For example, in WW1, the Germans totally lost the reason for it - So they just carried on fighting, believing that the reason for fighting was simply to destroy their enemies on the battlefield. (fighting for no reason other than to win battles).

This is no way to win a war. What we need to do is to focus on our mission - The CoP wants to come out of the shadows and establish a powerbase in Naggaroth. In order to do this, we do indeed need to win battles. We may need to win many of them. But more than this, we need to achieve our objective. I see this objective as the taking of Ghrond.

We all know that once the campaign is over, there will be no clear winner, just like in any other Warhammer campaign, but fluffwise, we have an opportunity to have the CoP in charge of one of the great Druchii cities, assuring our position as a major player in dark elf society, no longer consigned to the shadows, but an open and powerful political and military presence.

If we continue to chip away at the Khainists and the Asur in the south, we will achive nothing - our losses will mount up gradually, and even if we start registering more wins there, we will gain nothing in fluff, except a recognition that we killed some Khainists and a few Asur.

However, if we focus on our objective - the capture of Ghrond - then we score an enormous fluff victory - In fact, it is possible that a great victory here will get noticed by GW, who will then make Ghrond the spiritual home of the CoP, while the Khainists are largely driven out of the city.

Ghrond is the smallest of the Druchii cities, and right now, its defences are lighter than they ever have been since the city was founded after the Sundering.

Remember that we don't want to just win battles - we need to win the war - and the way to do that is to take something important from the infidels.

Ghrond is ripe for such a victory.

Now is our chance - take it, as we may never get another !
The Dark Princess
High Priestess of the Cult Of Pleasure

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nighmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever
Onyx paladin
Assassin

Post by Onyx paladin »

My Dark Lady, I believe you misunderstood me. I have no real cares for Arnheim or the Asur.

Farther south than that, there are mountains through which you can access the Lizardmen tribes of Lustria. Our brethren who fought in the Storm of Chaos for our Dark Majesty are stuck there, held off by Khainites and whittled away by undead and Lizardmen. Should we open the way for them, would not thier forces aid ours? My General, Democles, (by Roleplay) is stuck down there as of yet. But should the call for Ghrond be the loudest, I will see what I can do to fight there.
"Khaine only embraces death, while the Cult of Pleasure embraces life and all of its aspects. I often wonder how people have trouble choosing between the two."

Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

Of course we must enable our great warriors to return home safely, but the taking of Ghrond has to be our primary objective - We will never get another chance to strike at the heart of the misguided State religion.
The Dark Princess

Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Agree with darkprincess here. Let's send out forces to bring back our fellow comrades down south, else will our warriors' spirits be severely damaged. We might be druchii, but we can't let our strong and glorious warriors die. We need to get them back safely.

Besides, the witches will be surrounded. Our forces from north, and the survivors from the south. There is no escape for them. We can eliminate much of their vast army without losing much ourselves. That opportunity will soon go away if the tired and battle-scarred warriors from Lustria are left to die beneath the wicked blades of the hags.

Without those warriors, we can never lay siege on Ghrond before the witches return. Our attacks will be in vain. Everything will be lost. We need to secure our forces down south so that we can fulfil our main objective.

- Nag
Onyx paladin
Assassin

Post by Onyx paladin »

Very well, I will concentrate my attacks there as much as possible...

Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

Thanks Onyx - we need all the wins we can get in Ghrond. Purely in campaign terms, if we are going to get anything out of this, then we must start registering wins in and around Ghrond.

How about some input on this from the other members - there are 8 members so far, and only 3 have posted in here so far.

I'd like to get some discussions going in here if possible, then we can start co-ordinating our efforts.
The Dark Princess

Nekroskop
Highborn

Post by Nekroskop »

Ghrond sounds good to me - if we want to open up a way for reinforcements fluffwise, as suggested by Onyx, I would prefer to lay waste to the watchtowers. It is much easier to draw forces from the chaos wastes this way and we may open up the opportunity for more players, e.g. Chaos, to support us in Ghrond.

I must say that for me it is much easier to get hold of some chaos players and get them to fight for our cause then to find Druchii players to fight against me so I can register in Ghrond.

Besides that, the Ghrond idea is sound to me - I will try to get some fluff up for my Slaaneshi forces to battle either in Ghrond or opening routes for chaos allies to reach it.
I waste him with my boltthrower!
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Just to let you guys know, we are getting seriously slapped at Ghrond. They lead with 71 percent vs 29.
The only places Slaanesh is winning is in the Southern Reaches and in the Chaos Marshalling Areas.

- Nag
Nekroskop
Highborn

Post by Nekroskop »

It's that bad? Didn't look that awful on the map, I have to admit. Anyway, I still agree that a win in the southern reahces will lead to nothing. Better try it up north to open up he way to the wastes orr attack Ghrond directly.
I waste him with my boltthrower!
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

1. Something has gone wrong with the page. It seems like nothing happens when I upload the file. I'll see what I can do.

2. We can't just leave our warriors in the south. The overall morale of our entire forces will be severely damaged. I say we kick some butts down there and then turn to the north.

- Nag
Slickster
Beastmaster

Post by Slickster »

question: what if i play a battle against khaine, how do i know where the battle is done? just say it, or something else?
this is maby a dumb question but i had 2 ask.
Woman;
"Can't live with them, can't have hetero sex without them."
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Talk to your opponent before the fight.
Else you could always register it for whereever you like (Ghrond) :P

- Nag
Slickster
Beastmaster

Post by Slickster »

ok thanx, very easy then, btw, will it matter for the fluff if i play a large or small battle?
Woman;
"Can't live with them, can't have hetero sex without them."
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Slickster wrote: will it matter for the fluff if i play a large or small battle?
If you like, you could write some notes form the battle in the comments section. Sometimes the recorder puts notes and fluffier comments to the guys who write the fluff (well, pretty often actually).

- Nag
Onyx paladin
Assassin

Post by Onyx paladin »

Well, fought two battles in Southern reaches. Fought a siege battle and and associated one. Wrote the fluff and posted them. Unless otherwise said, I'm going to consider Democles through the blockade and heading north.

Thranduil
Trainee Warrior

Post by Thranduil »

I personally think that we need to stage a breakout in the south, get out elves out of there, and then take ghrond. I am willing to commit to the south as my main opponent is lizzards. I think that alot of our problems are we dont really have khaintes to fight where we play. I dont know a way around this, but if one could be found we would be able to post more wins, and thus take ghrond.

-Annointed Thranduil
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

Well done Onyx. It's pretty much a given that our forces have broken through in the south and are beginning to arrive in greater numbers at Ghrond.

While some players are inevitably going to concentrate on the south, many are now reaching for our primary goal.

@Thranduil: No problem - we all have to fight those opponents we get the chances to, so if you're getting to prevent those foul lizards and prevent them heading north themselves (yeah - as if...cold-blooded reptiles attacking us at the onset of the Naggaroth winter...), then you're still doing a great job.

Currently we are leading 53-47 in Ghrond - YEAH !
The Dark Princess

Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Our forces are starting to arrive back from the south, and it has been reflected in the stats... I think that's all I'm allowed to state here :roll:

Keep up the good work, people!

- Nag
Korath
Beastmaster

Post by Korath »

So what is required to bring all our forces back exaclty?,i mean when the whole army is back will we be able to capture Ghrond for example if we have a large enough lead?,anyway u go guys and girls!
Kill the khainite scum ,burn the hags and death to the temple of KHAINE!!

oh and throw in a punch from me too... 8)
BEware all innocents!!! the soulraptor has returned! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.....
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Damion the Defiler wrote:So what is required to bring all our forces back exaclty?,i mean when the whole army is back will we be able to capture Ghrond for example if we have a large enough lead?
Only the CMs know that. I guess we will have to maintain a victorious percentage there for a very long time.

- Nag
Korath
Beastmaster

Post by Korath »

Alrigh then..
just asking cause it wouldnt be sofun if we left this campaign with no gains at all..
and i reckon a large city would be just fine... :D
BEware all innocents!!! the soulraptor has returned! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.....
Loran
Destroyer of Worlds
Location: Finland, the country people always think has penguins and polar bears walking in the streets...

Post by Loran »

Hmm... Attacking Ghrond sounds good to me :D A lot better than roaming around the jungles anyway :?

- Loran
<+Hyarion> "Loran may cause addiction to mindless online games"

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Thranduil
Trainee Warrior

Post by Thranduil »

We need to get our elves out of the south. if we dont, we will loose soo much moral, and we will have many less forces. We need to hit at both.
Loran
Destroyer of Worlds
Location: Finland, the country people always think has penguins and polar bears walking in the streets...

Post by Loran »

I agree!! So everyone must fight in Ghrond no matter what :D But if we don't fight any battles in the South, it's bound to raise the percentage of the Khainates or Asur, correct? A dilemma then, we have to keep the current percentages where we are leading well and get the places where we are losing, tied or winning by a small margin to numbers that make it obvious we are winning (especially in Ghrond) :P

- Loran
<+Hyarion> "Loran may cause addiction to mindless online games"

+++ Team Mulligans +++