Which side are the WE on

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Danceman
The Devil in Pale Moonlight

Post by Danceman »

spartan: what i meant was that the Asur has turned their heads towards alot gods, pretty much "ah this god seems like a good idea why not pray to this one as well".

tayrod: or better yet, the 5th edition wood elf army book :)
"Dying is for fools." - Charlie Sheen
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

I don't think the Asur turned towards a lot of gods. The HE (original, or "true" elves, if you want), originally worshipped all the gods of the elven pantheon, including Khaine. The WE, when they were still "High Elves" just paid more attention to Kurnous and Isha than Khaine and Asuryan, etc. The Dark Elves pay more attention to Khaine.
So it isn't that the Asur turn their heads to a lot, it's that the WE and DE are less wide-ranging in their devotion to the different gods, preferring to focus on just a few of them.
Danceman
The Devil in Pale Moonlight

Post by Danceman »

still doesnt it sound opportunist? i want to make a cool breastplate im gonna pray some to vaul or ah its harvest-time where is isha when you need her... oh crap time for war, lets dust off Khaine...

but then again, whats the wrong in that hmm i just proved myself wrong with my own point... how about that
"Dying is for fools." - Charlie Sheen
Darkfeather
Noble
Location: Silently stalking the Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia

Post by Darkfeather »

I understand that I am coming in late in this discussion but....

While it is true that the WE are descended from the original HE colonies in the Old World (many of which now form Brettonian Castles on the coastline of Brettonia itself), they were not traditionally the tree-hugging hippies which they became (say nothing - I am a WE player as well, and its just true - accept it). When the Phoenix King called for the HE armies to return from the Old World to repel the Druchi invasion [insert praise to Malekith, the one true king of Ulthuan], many of the elves refused to abandon their homes and families... These elves are the ancestors of the Wood Elves today.

As they moved out from their cities which were now too big for the remaining population, the elves encountered the forests once again... Isha was and still is a major deity of the HE and once the elves started coming into contact with the forests they began to revert to the worship of Kunous (can't remember spelling) and Isha once more...

Therefore, it is not fair to say that the WE remained to protect their forests, or because they did not wish to leave them - they did not wish to leave the Old World... the worship of nature came at a later stage.

As for who they may be supporting, if for some reason that is unimaginable to me they did go, it would probably be in league with either Brettonia or the HE, IMHO...

Anyway, enough of my ranting...
Alith Anar wrote: So in conclusion, do bring them whenever you feel like it. They do, after all, cut people's heads off for a living, and that's gotta count for something.