dark riders weaknesses

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

dark riders weaknesses

Post by Beastmaster kurlan »

does anyone know any weaknesses of dark riders that should be exploited. by the way i already know that they lack armour.
i cant seem to make friends! add me to msn you losers!

Kurlan the violent (trainee of khaine)

WS: 3
S:5
T:4
D:5
I:2

two short swords, dagger, 4 throwing knives, 500 gold coins, unarmed combat skill

Group 17 Mod
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

So you already tried shooting? The main weakness of the entire CoP list is massed shooting.
Deathraider
Black Guard

Post by Deathraider »

yea pack a unit or two RxB's and you could kill alot of the dr's before their next turn.
Death is near.

Beastmaster kurlan: hmm i dunno itl definately go to tournies anyway, as he has the spear and hod anyway, but its in blakc and white so woohoo kb hail of doom.
Me: I h8 u lol :P
just coz i found a legend combo and u didnt
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

A bolt thrower with multishot can work wonders too ;) as long as you make sure you can have a clear shot.
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

well, i did write quite abit for you all in my dealing with traitors article. but here is my extract on Dark Riders from it.

Dark Riders: Ahead of the armies of Druchii ride the heralds of Naggaroth, the dreaded Dark Riders who will serve as your eyes and ears. They are masters of sudden attacks and daring raids, scouring the land in search of the foe, laying ambushes for their supply trains and attacking with deadly speed against enemy reinforcements.

Strengths: Fast Calvary, Mark of Slannesh, Repeater Crossbows, Highly Mobile.
Weaknesses: Low Toughness, Low Armour.
Tactics: Usually when facing Fast Calvary I try to Panic them, but with the Mark of Slannesh they are immune to this usual tactic. Instead you should Counter them with your own unit that is Fast enough to take them out. This Role usually falls to Dark riders, Harpies or Shades.
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.