North

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Lethalis
Loremaster

North

Post by Lethalis »

“Back, beast of Chaos!” The noble Druchii yelled at the servant of Chaos while driving him back with lightningfast attacks. The Champion had lead his warband against the Watchtowers in a seemingly never ending raid against the borders of Naggaroth. But now Lethalis gained the upperhand in the fight and had come eye to eye against the murderous follower of Slaanesh.

Just a few weeks before, he had planned and plotted against the incursion in the Underway, and his warriors had done well. So well in fact, that the Skaven lost their numbers, and with that their courage to discover the tunnels underneath the Land of Chill any further.The other furry creatures excavating their land, the navy of the Dwarfs, had been dealt some serious blows and they were packing to leave Naggaroth, their oaths of revenge unfulfilled, to add some names to their Great Book of Grudges.

However, he had rarely seen the thick of battle himself, for the Druchii know well the advantages of assassination, and they had heard the ratmen knew the same. Therefore, he had been forced to stay anonymous for a while. But now the danger was over, and there was nothing to do save mopping up the remains of the Dwarfs who were reluctant to leave without a fight.

However, as soon as he had cleared the Underway, a messenger had come, bringing word from the Lord General of Khaine himself. The Cultists had been beaten back, and all across the country the Khainites were gaining the upper hand again.

Yet, the Cult has been pushed back but not vanguished. It was suspected that they had a main invasion force in the Chaos Wastes, and Lethalis knew there were unnumbered followers of the Ruinous Powers in the Umbra Chaotica. He was told to reinforce the Watch Towers against the increasing number of raids from Chaos and Cult followers alike. Not one to disobey his Master, Lethalis was happy to get the oppertunity to fight once more.

He had been stationed in a southern watchtower range, the Khra’Mirgo, and this Champion of Slaanesh had succeeded in pushing through their first lines of defence.

With a powerful slice of his halberd, however, Lethalis cut in his chest deeply. Shrieking with joy, the Slaaneshi Champion abandoned his defences, allowing Lethalis to cut him many times more, and each time it thrilled the Champion until his body fell on the dusty ground of Naggaroth. Quickly analyzing the battle, he saw his centre was struggling with the dreaded Chaos Warriors. Humans of great strenght and willpower, they were still holding on bravely. Shouting out orders, the Druchii defenders gave way, and as the Warriors of Chaos persued them great bolts flew out, aimed at their already thin ranks. In a matter of time, the crew of the Bolt Throwers had decimated all of them, and the day was won.

As Lethalis went back to the command tower, he noticed someone waiting. He recognized the face of Kash’Lui, captain of the local Dark Riders, and an expert rider himself. His grim face, covered in two big scars forming an X, cleared up when he saw Lethalis.

‘Greetings, Lord. I bring orders from Lord Khael Vraneth.’
Lethalis grabbed the piece of parchment and broke the seal of pure blood. He read it carefully, and an evil glint came over his face. ‘Good news, then?’
Lethalis looked at him, nodded, then called his subcommander.

‘Gather all Elves of my division. Prepare for moving out quick. We ride north.’
Eirick blackheart
Beastmaster

Post by Eirick blackheart »

nice story, must point out one thing, and this is ver pernickity of me:

"Bolt Throwers had decimated all of them"

You can't actually decimate all of everything, as to decimate is to kill one in ten of. A thing the Romans used to do. Sorry it's just that I've seen that mistake made so many times. Otherwise a very entertaining story!
"March faster you scum, this isn't a bloody funeral!!!"

-Eirick Blackheart, Lord of the halftimes pie, addressing his slave driver.

"1 death is tragic, 1 million deaths is a statistic" -JS

Hurry up and Wait
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

Blame my dictionary :P

More will come.
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

Tsc Tsc... an editor doesn't know that? ;) Kidding, didn't know as well.

Anyways, thought I should comment what I said. Nice story, particulary because it describes the situation and then ends the story in a very Druchii way: "Yeah right...I'm sick of this guy" *slash*

;)
Death on a stick
Highborn

Post by Death on a stick »

The word decimate has a more modern meaning which meens that you can decimate everything its like the word Gay it did meen Happy but now can meen Homosexual.
Death is the only true certainty in life
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

What a comparison :lol: ;) but yeah, I've always known it as "kill everything"
Lord karelon
Corsair

Post by Lord karelon »

What can you say about a people (the Romans) who had a word that means: "kill every tenth man?" deci mate
Death is light as a feather
Duty is heavy as a mountain
Death on a stick
Highborn

Post by Death on a stick »

It was rarley used as a form of disipline to stop troops from fleeing a battle because they would know that one in evey ten would die so they would fight on harder or they could be killed any way
Death is the only true certainty in life
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

The Elves stood there, talking to each other. They wore armour and helmets, yet they were unfamiliar. He didn’t know them, but he could recognize them easily enough. Hatred burning in his eyes, he looked at them. They were his enemies. But he couldn’t kill them. Not yet at least, he would spoil the entire plan. He had to stay quiet and observe the enemy closely, while prevent being detected at all costs.

It was almost midnight, and his black cloths made him blend in with the dark ground that Naggaroth provided. He had been here before and knew his way around, which was the reason he was chosen to spy. He had already spied on the enemy camp before, and his master had been pleased with the results. Now he had to complete another mission, which was muh more difficult.

Although he was young, he was far from new to battle and bloodshed, and he had talent. Training he had had, battles he had fought, and he was probably more experienced than most soldiers in his master’s battleline. Then again, he had been chosen by his god, and been trained by those who were like him. He had learned of battle techniques, weak spots, use of weapons and poisons, places on the body that killed instantly, of stealth and deception, and of worship and blood and how those two were one.

He was Fargorath, an assassin of the Temple of Khaine. He had been ordered to spy on the camps of the enemy, and so he did. He had reported his findings to his master, Lethalis. He was quite pleased with the results, and ordered him to finish this mission he started. So Fargorath had returned, and he knew what he had to do. He had to do it quick, but not hastily.

Watching at the guards carefully, he sneaked past them in a most athletic way; few Elves could do that, and for mere humans it was an impossible feet. The rocky environment was perfect for his agility, and only the noise of sand would be able to betray his presence. But the guards were just citizen Elves, and did not habe the senses to detect him, as Fargorath perfectly knew. Silently drawing a pair of knives, coated with venom, he went around the big rock which prevented him from being seen, into the enemy camp. It was full of simple tents in the outer part, for only the slaaneshi commanders had the luxery to sleep into big wooden huts (although they actually don’t sleep, but I’ll leave the details out, fill it in yourself ;)).

As it was already night, only the campfires here and there provided the main light, so Fargorath had all the freedom, as long as he moved like a shadow. And so he did, passing both Elves and Men, who did not even hear him as he went past them. Truly he had been trained well. He reached the first tent, and listened carefully. He did not need long to know that no tactics were discussed. Instead, they were probably celebrating Slaanesh with ceremonies.

Ignoring the moaning, he went on to the other tents, until one drew him because of the magical aura (and nothing else ;)) which seemed to hang around it like a cloud. Quickly he walked to the hut, and heard ritual chanting. He peeked inside and saw the sorceresses practice the ritual which he had seen before; daemonic summoning! With all the magical prowess gathered, they could easily summon a whole army. Grabbing his daggers tight, he sneaked in. It would take some time before the bodies would be found, and Ghrond would be safe from this attack..for the time being.