Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

And so, it ends

Post by Darkprincess »

Well, that's all folks....

It's finally over and guess what - we lost :(
Quite badly too, but considering the small number of members we had on our team, we did exceptionally well on the whole. Far better than any of us could have hoped for, fighting against the odds all the way.

There are still some matters of fluff to be sorted out, but all will be revealed soon enough I think, once we get the final updates in the battle journal on the campaign site.

I'd like to thank everybody who took part, on both teams, for making it a fun and interesting campaign. We must look on the bright side though - we have scored a number of fluff victories along the way - the capture of Ghrond, the sacking of the Great Templeand the taking of the Spire of Malice, for example, so it hasn't been all bad for us.

We have taught the foul infidels that we are a potent force and not one to be messed with in future.

Kudos to everybody involved. To all of my team, to Voodoomaster's team, and to the campaign managers themselves. It's been a hell of a ride :)
The Dark Princess
High Priestess of the Cult Of Pleasure

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nighmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever
Onyx paladin
Assassin

Post by Onyx paladin »

GHrond hasn't been closed yet, has it? I just checked it. Or are they getting ready to close it tonight?
"Khaine only embraces death, while the Cult of Pleasure embraces life and all of its aspects. I often wonder how people have trouble choosing between the two."

~Lady Xaniphera, preistess of Slaanesh
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

It won't be long now. True, the campaign is still running, but barring a miracle, the result is already a formality. However, there are still Khainist infidels to slaughter, so go right ahead and wet your blades :twisted:

Oh yeah - be careful to protect Lady Xaniphera - We may need her considerable magical talents very soon...
The Dark Princess

Onyx paladin
Assassin

Post by Onyx paladin »

ACK! Lonicera, crazy? Not any more I guess, but... hmmmm.

We should go after Hellebrom to make an example! Or atleast her petty underling!
"Khaine only embraces death, while the Cult of Pleasure embraces life and all of its aspects. I often wonder how people have trouble choosing between the two."

~Lady Xaniphera, preistess of Slaanesh
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

I think you guys did a great job considering the numbers you were fighting against!

Excellent work, I was impressed at least!
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

Onyx Paladin wrote:ACK! Lonicera, crazy? Not any more I guess, but... hmmmm.

Meh - the infidels try to rewrite history. They say that we didn't destroy the great temple - but we were there, right ? We saw it with our own eyes ;)

The campaign may be over but there is still much fluff to be written....

Very soon, Lonicera's grieving lover, Elora, will request the presence of Lady Xaniphera. If the noble lady is intrigued then PM me to learn more...

@Langmann: it's been a good and enjoyable campaign, despite Jeff killing off Lonicera even though he knew I wanted her alive after the campaign :evil:
The Dark Princess

Langmann

Post by Langmann »

darkprincess wrote:
@Langmann: it's been a good and enjoyable campaign, despite Jeff killing off Lonicera even though he knew I wanted her alive after the campaign :evil:

I know I feel for you, but if you think about it rationally, I think Jeff made the decision with quite a lot of thought.

1. Gav T told us that Shadowblade had to end the campaign by warning both sides.

2. Lonicera was getting very powerful, almost (but still quite far away from the true power) of Morathi. With Hellebron around, two is already company but three powerful women is starting to look like a crowd. In order to maintain control Malekith and Morathi would never allow anyone to reach their true power, no challengers = no problems. This is another reason no-one has replaced the one true King and no one will. Kala also died for this reason.

3. Lonicera failed. In Naggaroth this is not permitted. You die for this kind of thing. Slaanesh may have 'loved' Lonicera, but Morathi is his true princess because GW says so. Khaine and Slaanesh squabble over her. She is a real prize. Anyhow with Slaanesh failing to gain control it was not happy and it punished Lonicera. If you think about it, Lonicera was caressed by the ultimate boy toy in Naggaroth - Shadowblade, so perhaps it didn't end so badly for her. ;)

4. Jeff did warn everyone that their fluff characters might die.

5. Fluff is fluff. Lonicera might return as a demon princess of Slaanesh. I know she has that kind of 'love/pain' in her heart. That is up to you and your followers to bring to reality.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

langmann wrote:4. Jeff did warn everyone that their fluff characters might die.

His exact words: "Anyone directly involved in battles has the opportunity to be slain."
:D

- Nag
Thranduil
Trainee Warrior

Post by Thranduil »

Id like to apoligize to team slannesh for not being able to remort battles, becasue after I figuerd it out the site crashed, and then school work made doing anything warhammer impossible. Was great experence to watch it.