Non-druchii armies?

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Black hydra
The Warlord

Non-druchii armies?

Post by Black hydra »

There really isn't much place for them here. Although, I want to keep our... err... heritage and maintain a largely dark elf discussion groups I am not asking for that. I think that having a forum for discussion about warhammer for other armies would be well deserved.

I know there is Wargamer's Discussion, but 90% of that forum has nothing to do remotely with warhammer. If we had another forum that was for General Warhammer Discussion, then we could maintain a higher level of discussion. I simply find that all the of topic comments in Wargamer's Discussion forums, make it harder for people to have more serious warhammer discussions. I also find that due to the well, "obscurity" of the forum it is viewed less, or at least with less seriousness than the other more major forums.

I think that with almost 6000 people, it is really necessary to allow non-druchii a small niche to talk about warhammer, as I think that many of the people come here for the great site but feel a bit left out when there are no forums that they can really discuss other aspects of warhammer.

I also ask this because, once (and I don't have hard feelings) had a topic moved in the druchii general discussion to the wargamer's discussion, because it wasn't strictly druchii. While, this is understandable, I think that it does make it alot harder to discuss things that are more warhammer in general topics with the site. Which, believe it or not, affect us all.

If I am the only one who feels this way, then I guess I have no choice. I would just like either a specific forum for Warhammer General Discussion or a revision of the Wargamers Discussion to be less off-topic. What is your opinions?
There once was a High Elf named Bill
He went out and fought with all his will
Along came the hydra
and fried Bill with fire
And that was the end of poor Bill.
----
Try out the Warlord at http://www.druchii.net/tbf/Warlord_v1.00.zip
Vorthain
Noble

Post by Vorthain »

I agree. We have to show the love for other armies and such.
a dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn
Juggling bear
Trainee Warrior

Post by Juggling bear »

yes, let them discuss their tactics so we can read and devise plans to beat them
http://www.earthalchemist.com

palaentology, fossils, dinosaurs & nice pics
Black hydra
The Warlord

Post by Black hydra »

Well the point isn't really so that there is a place so that every army can discuss there own armies (although that would be nice.)

It is mostly so us DARK ELVES have a place to discuss general warhammer things and still have our ideas recorded seriously.

I'm just tired of having to make a thread about warhammer campaigns or something and have it wind up stuck between: "What is your favorite beer?" and "Look at this funny vidio!!!11".
Along came the hydra
and fried Bill with fire
----
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

I have had the same problem with the WD board. IMHO, what we need is an off topic board for things nothing to do with GW stuff and a WD board for GW related stuff. I want to talk Sister of Battle but know the topic will be ignored in thew WD board.
Pleased to be back
Ranieth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ranieth »

Yes, I've noticed the lack of gaming topics. A while ago, there were loads! Aah, the old days *starts mumbling of how everything was better in the old day..*
Kithan^^
1337 Humour Terrorist
Location: With Injektilo in Binktopia-The realm of Stupidity and Whipped Cream

Post by Kithan^^ »

Ok, We keep the site as it is DRUCHII.NET remember? Druchii?

Maybe just add a forum, where you can discuss army lists, tactics, and anything else that has to do with other armies.
Aspect of Anger
Aspect of the Assassin
Aspect of the unbanned Humour Terrorist

Previously known as Kithan Bloodblade

Kithan...has...been...pwned....by...D.net...

Song of the moment: Pagans Mind - Aegan Shores
Black hydra
The Warlord

Post by Black hydra »

I am definitely not saying we make this a general warhammer site. I am not even saying that there needs to be more room for other armies.

What I AM saying is that we need to have a place where stuff relating to warhammer in general is discussed. As I said, I posted a topic about campaigning awhile back in the druchii discussion forums and had it moved. While this is understandable, I still think it is a necessary point to make a forum where we can discuss topics even if there not specifically linked to druchii.

As I said earlier the Wargamers Discussion forum takes away the seriousness of posts which are VERY relevant to druchii without having that specific link. I understand that there is alot of pressure on the site to have multiple forums so I do have a couple alternate solutions if making a new forum is out of the question:

1) Make the Wargamer's Discussion forum about wargaming only.
2) Allow topics in the Druchii Discussion forum that aren't specifically linked to druchii to remain there as long as there focus is more broad (thus, being as relevant to druchii as any army).
3) Don't listen to me at all... well I don't like this one but I suppose its always an option :roll:
Along came the hydra
and fried Bill with fire
----
Kithan^^
1337 Humour Terrorist

Post by Kithan^^ »

Wargamers discussion about wargaming only? LOL geez if that was to happen then this would be like the only site i know of that doesnt have a off topic discussion forum. If wargamers was made into wargaming, then we would need a offtopic board. It utterly boring only discussing warhammer.
Aspect of Anger
Aspect of the Assassin

Sneaky
Daemon Prince

Post by Sneaky »

This has been brought up before, Black Hydra, but you're approaching it from a different angle, one which I happen to approve of. Keep in mind, however, that while Druchii Tactics and the Rules forums are nominally to do with Dark Elves, you're able to post pretty much any questions in those forums and will have them answered. The only thing you're not going to get away with is "how to defeat X army with Y army" where neither X nor Y is Dark Elves or Cult of Slaanesh.
Goodbye.
Drakai
Dark Rider

Post by Drakai »

I agree.
I often think of many things to post that do not fit anywhere.
I think its a great idea.
Make a "General WHFB" forum.
And change "Wargamers Discussion" to "Off-Topic"
The Grey Area. The Unofficial Warcraft 3 Warhammer players conglomerate.

www.greyarea.tk
Rip
Executioner

Post by Rip »

I agree that having off topic conversations and having discussions about other fantasy armies and 40k topics becomes a little to convoluted. But that is just my opinion.
Like Ghost stories?
Check out www.thebellwitch.net
Master of mordor
Corsair

Post by Master of mordor »

Ok, that's a quite good idea. Probably you should only change the name of the "Wargamers forum". DO NOT make new ones. :D
What is your life?
My bonour is my life.
What is your fate?
My duty is my fate.
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

I disagree with Drakai.
I know I have the admins against me, but I think wargamers' discussion should be about wargames. And keep it to that. I want all topics about favourite beer or "cool vidios" on another site. Let the Wargaming forum be about wargaming, other stuff doesn't belong in there. If you want to post a link to a "cool vidio", then you have 255 letters to do so in your signature.

Loremaster Nagathi
Imrael
Beastmaster

Post by Imrael »

Surely we have room for "off-topic" and "even further off topic" forums. I am also interested in WAB and some other stuff, but the Wargamers Discussion forum is seldom about wargaming - its wargamers talking about other stuff. This doesnt leave a place for the "Off topic but fairly close" stuff.
Kithan^^
1337 Humour Terrorist

Post by Kithan^^ »

LN i also disagree with you. Every site NEEDS off topic discussion. Do you know how darned boring this site would be if it was stricktly confined to discussing wargames? I always go to WGD just to get away from all the other stuff for a bit, as i cant contribute to every single post about armies, tactics etc its nice to have a forum where i actually can contribute, like off topic discussions. Its ok with black and white colours, but if the content of the forums were to be confined to black and white and dissalow colourful discussion then i would see it as a reason to either leave the site or not be here much anymore. And a reason for new members not to join at all.
Aspect of Anger
Aspect of the Assassin

Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

If you want to post off topic stuff then there must be hundreds of other sites to do so on. If new people come to Druchii.net to post such things then I think we could survive without them. If they come here to post nice and contributing stuff about warhammer, wargames and druchii, then by all means do.
To me, it seems pretty wierd not to go to another site to post off topic stuff. I have more then one window open, and I constrain my wargmaning posts (mostly) to this site, and leave the off topic stuff elsewhere. Why does the off topic board lie on the same site?

Loremaster Nagathi
Drakken
Manipulator of the Masses

Post by Drakken »

Haven't we had problems on this site before with spamming and a lot of garbage when things were more loose regarding Non-Wargamming Discussion? Wasn't that why it became Wargamming Discussion in the first place?
We stand now on the precipice of something monumental and perhaps even capable of boggling the mind in its myriad potentials and possibilities. Try not to drool too much…
Rip
Executioner

Post by Rip »

I can go to other sites to talk about true off topic conversations, however those sites are not as big as Druchii and may not have anyone to talk to for hours. I guess it's the instant gratification thing for me. For instance, I posted on three different forums last night, and they still don't have responses. :cry:
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

RIP, aren't there any chatrooms you can enter? That's instant gratification...

Loremaster Nagathi
Rip
Executioner

Post by Rip »

True. (whines a little) but I like this place!
If it happens, it's actually cool with me, I will live. :)
Like Ghost stories?
Check out www.thebellwitch.net
Indraugnir
Executioner

Post by Indraugnir »

I think this topic itself is getting slightly off-topic. If I understand right, Black Hydra was saying that people who play other armies should have a place where they can just talk Warhammer and not feel left out. I have a couple friends who tried out the site and don't play druchii and they got somewhere around 2 posts and then left. I myself don't play druchii, but luckily I do play asur who have an army list almost perfectly paralelled with that of the druchii.
I am driven to the depths of rage and at the bottom I shall find a void, where I will wander for eternity.
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Indraug, yes that was what BH said. But he also did not want to stuff such topics in between the real off topic threads, and thus, we need to figure out whet to do with those off topic threads which are of no wargaming relation at all.

Loremaster Nagathi
Kithan^^
1337 Humour Terrorist

Post by Kithan^^ »

Well i dislike being on multiple forums. I used to be a regular at like 6 different forums but i stopped that now as its way too time consuming if you were to keep up with them all. You are kinda contradicting yourself, as you are saying you want me to go to another site to post offtopic, and again you say you dont want people to join the site only for offtopic. Its a bad circle. I like the ppl on this site, and i like to discuss things with THESE people, when i wanna discuss on the net i dont just wanna discuss for the discussion. I wanna discuss for the fun. On these forums the great variety of members personalities, and the tight community, it becomes a more personal discussion. I like that...

If there was a WHFB Forum, for all other Warhammer stuff. And then turn WGD into offtopic discussion. Its a grerat idea IMO.
Aspect of Anger
Aspect of the Assassin

Drakken
Manipulator of the Masses

Post by Drakken »

Too all those who want Non-Warhammer or comsistent Off-Topic, go back and take a look. These are all threads about the same subject, with numerous answers provide for why its not here anymore.

http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=5924
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=9683
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=13615
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=9260
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=13068

It came, its gone, I personnally don't care if it comes back. If I want Non-Warhammer Related Topics, I'll go to a Non-Warhammer site.
We stand now on the precipice of something monumental and perhaps even capable of boggling the mind in its myriad potentials and possibilities. Try not to drool too much…