I've seen this before but...

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Khel
Angel of Darkness

I've seen this before but...

Post by Khel »

I haven't commented until now on what I've noticed, I'm sure other people have noticed it too. Occasionally you'll see in a thread that certain words are bolded and are of a grayish colour. I've concluded that either D.net does this automatically after a while or that moderators look through the thread and edit the posts themselves.

For example:

Topic Subject: Example

This is an example.

The word "example" is then bolded and the colour of the word becomes gray.

Are we meant to do this ourselves with our own posts if we happen to say the words from the Topic Subject? And is there a point to it?

PS: I hope this made sense.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Err...not really, no.

Could you link us an example?

One possibility is that words get emboldened and grey if you search for certain words with the search function - so if some has search the forum for 'Malekith' and then posted a link based on the search results the link will include the code to highlight all instances of 'Malekith'.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

yeah if you use the search function any results containing what you searched for highlights it in grey. It confused me too at first.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Oh ok. Then that's what it is. I looked up Ring of Hotek and I saw that all the words were bold and grey in one of the threads. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Thanks.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite