Old World Subforum?

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Nostromo
Cold One Knight

Old World Subforum?

Post by Nostromo »

Druchii.net perseveres in an age of endless scroll feeds and social media. It remains as an easily searched trove of history and reference and in the past has used its community power to weigh-in on the development of the game (6th ed Druchii revision). Pretty strong heritage! Since TOW was released I have noticed some of the other faction-specific forums for the lesser and petty races (ulthuan, lustria online, warhammer-empire etc) have begun to stir and rumble up into activity again. For druchii.net too?

Is it possible/worth the effort to create a new subforum for TOW? It could make it easier to restart the conversation/community here.
It would not pay for the lords of Naggaroth to slumber during this time. Malekith (Malerion?) summons a council of war - any aspiring Dreadlord or petty noble would surely benefit from a space to share observations of the new game... and ensure the subjugation of our hated kin!
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Old World Subforum?

Post by Daeron »

Yes that seems like a good idea.
But since TOW is the spiritual successor of WFB, would it be enough to rename the appropriate fora for "the world-that-was" to The Old World equivalent?
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Daeron wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:32 am Yes that seems like a good idea.
But since TOW is the spiritual successor of WFB, would it be enough to rename the appropriate fora for "the world-that-was" to The Old World equivalent?
My thought too.
Since TOW preserves all the units of WH8th, assuming the difference with WH8th is comparable to a change of edition like what we have seen in the past, that would be fully appropriate.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Bobba Looba
Corsair

Post by Bobba Looba »

I think they have different influences. I don't know of any events from the real world that match.

I'm not really versed in the lore, but I believe the concept of dark elves stems from D&D.

Their monsters are clearly inspired by greek mythology though (Hydra, harpies, medusa, manticore, kharibdyss, pegasus all were present in some form in greek mythology).
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

I should point out that that poster has a few red flags for spam going off - but it seemed so well versed I was curious to see it in action.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

@DanielFlier is a smart spammer with no interest in your conversation,
only interested in showing his commercial signature.
I have banned that account forever.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}