Magic System Re Worked!

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Jargobae
Terror of the South

Magic System Re Worked!

Post by Jargobae »

holy holy holy ******

I just got this from WHFBEuro.net

From Stealth_orc

At one of our clubs on gaming night on tuesday we had this Games Workshop employee from England come in. We have never seent he guy before in our life and he just started talking to us about warhammer and the 7th edition etc etc

I didnt pay him much attention as i was in the middle of a game but once it had finished he was still surrounded by like 15 people. so i went over and talked to him. Turnes out he was one of those developing guys and he was scouting for this new gamesday location. His name was Paul something.

Anywayz he started talking about a few new releases and stuff though he was fairly secretive. He said that the Wood elvces are getting all new models and stuff and a new lore. They sound really cool actually.

I had asked him about Chaos Dwarves but he said that there are no current plans for them but they always keep their options open. Damn i thought.

And then my buddy Rich saw this piece of card on his folder that said magic rework. We asked him about it and he said that he couldnt say much about it. We tried to get a look at it but he was very protective.

Anyway he wouldnt let us see this piece of card with all the stuff on it (it didnt look official. it had the warhammer logo and a buncy of typing on it but it didnt look like something you would see in WD. More like some notes put into official type looking document.

It turns out that it is a proposed prototype for the new magic system in 7th edition. He wasnt giving away any details but he said magic was the biggest thing that is getting changed in the new edition. They are trying to make it so that all races have fairly similar systems that dont heavily favour magic heavy armies trying to push it back towards middle level magic.

Every single race is going to be part of this huge *entire magic lore* where you roll a D66 roll for all sorts of randoms on this table thingo. Night goblin shamans are now going to be the most powerful casters in the game, and they will keep slann as slaves.
High elves are more focused around chaos style spells which finally makes sense and Dark elves get a bonus when casting spells to do with flowers and butterflies and lying in the sun.

But the biggest shock of all is....dont scroll down if you dont want to know

If you have gotten this far without realizing this is an April fools

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry guys. i doubt it got anyone anywayz
Do you hate Malekith?

Are you interested in seeing the overthrow of his incompetence to be replaced by a system capable of taking Ulthuan back??

Join the spirit of Lakulei today - PM me now!
Mar-win
Highborn

Post by Mar-win »

lol! nice one :D I got tricked until I read the part "Every single race is going to be part of this huge *entire magic lore* where you roll a D66 roll for all sorts of randoms on this table thingo. Night goblin shamans are now going to be the most powerful casters in the game, and they will keep slann as slaves." :lol:
RasputinII wrote:FANTASTIC!

I LOVE IT SOO MUCH I AM USING CAPS - AND I HATE CAPS!
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

:roll: *sigh* ;)
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Darmort
The Bane Of Gavin Thrope

Post by Darmort »

LoL, very good, shame I knew it was an April's Fools when I saw the topic, really, still, Dark Elves being *******, about time they got their share of insults instead of the Asur getting culled girls, :D

*Realizes what I've said*

*Runs like the Wind towards the Abyss*

:P

Good post, amusing, :D
Darmort
Back From Druchii Hiatus
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

You know the April Fools joke may be on you. Gav Thorpe has said a number of times that the reason he doesn't make the revised lores in Chronicles 2004 official rules is because he wants to rework the entire magic system.

Whether this happens or not is... still up in the air from what I can tell.
The fearless
Black Guard

Post by The fearless »

lol..u totaly got me, i love it! lol... once i read that night gobbos were gonna b all powerful magic casters i was like ... wut the hell r they thinking...
Asperon Thorn wrote:
Remember, you are a dark elf. You choose where and when combat happens, don't let them dictate your movement. You have lost as soon as you start reacting instead of dictating.

Asperon Thorn
Jargobae
Terror of the South

Post by Jargobae »

@Underway

hehe. i know. thats why i chose this one to go with.

sorry to everyone who got fooled :lol: 8)
Do you hate Malekith?

Are you interested in seeing the overthrow of his incompetence to be replaced by a system capable of taking Ulthuan back??

Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

but night gobbos are the best spellcasters if you look atthe costs vs power of the big waaagh list
Noble korhedron
Empire General

Post by Noble korhedron »

LOL! ROFLMAO!, etc., etc.! I appreciate April Fool's joke as much as the next person, but please don't ever use a GW example like that again. I nearly e-mailed them 'cause of it, but I decided to go to the bottom so luckily I didn't.
Regards,

NK.

http://ulthuan.net/forum
http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/index.php
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php
http://www.bartertown.com/trading/index.php

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Noble Korhedron wrote:LOL! ROFLMAO!, etc., etc.! I appreciate April Fool's joke as much as the next person, but please don't ever use a GW example like that again. I nearly e-mailed them 'cause of it, but I decided to go to the bottom so luckily I didn't.

It always pays to read all of a post ;).

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Baranthazul
Ewok of DOOM

Post by Baranthazul »

When read the night gobbo part, I was thinking "what the hell? Is this some kind of wierd joke that I, being an ignorant american, doesn't get (I really am american, so mods, don't get mad at me for dissing myself. Please.). And then I thought, its gotta be some "code" where you were released info, but couldn't talk about it. Then I scrolled down and realized it was April fools today.

---Baran
Forum Moderator-Druchii Discussion
Skiing consists of wearing $3,000 worth of clothes, driving 200 miles in the snow just to stand around at a bar and drink.
Pmpn8ez
Evil Vampire Lord Fluffy

Post by Pmpn8ez »

:roll: Yeah, I was hooked until I got to the Night Gobbo part... that and Slann being slaves really let the cat out of the bag, but my heart was leaping with glee when I read that magic would be toned back down to a mediocre level and stuff. :)
"We are the most civilized race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other." -Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth

«The wonder has a name: pmpn8ez.»
Slayer69
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Slayer69 »

For real now: The magic system needs some redoing....its not fair getting blown apart by a Tzeench Horde with 15 PD!
Reaper
Kondheron
Highborn

Post by Kondheron »

Being a suspicious and paranoid in nature person I didn't get fooled, though I didn't realised it was an april fools joke...

But yes, the magic system needs some reworking. It's no fun that if you don't want to use magic or be completely blasted away by magic you have to play Dwarfs (or is it dwarves?), Lizardmen or Chaos Khorne.
"I call the legs!"
"Unfair!"
"Shut up, lets just kill them!"
"But I want the legs too!"
"Aargh, why was I born with you?"
--A squabbling hydra.
Jargobae
Terror of the South

Post by Jargobae »

i agree about the magic.

my idea is that double 1's cause a miscast on the first spell you cast.

double 2's and 1's cause it on the 2nd and 3rd spell

double 1's, 2's, and 3's cause it on further spells

Though i love taking on Tzeentch personally. I mean, their lore just sucks so badly i just laugh
Do you hate Malekith?