Kroxigors or Saurus Riders?

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Columind
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Portugal - the country everybody thinks belongs to Spain...arg

Kroxigors or Saurus Riders?

Post by Columind »

Which ones do you prefer as backup(or any other funcion) for your bigger ranked units and why?

My image of kroxigors is not very good...they do hit at st7 and they have to 4...but they get charged all the time and they often lose CR...
My image of cold ones, as a natural druchii...can't be worse...but with 3D6 it's always cool to take them...I did always hate that 14'' charging/marching distance...
The banner of the totem of whatever seems like a very nice thing to take, even getting flank charges where they didn't exist in the first place.

Sorry for all the posts...I'm still learning from your experiences...and the Lizardmen forum is almost abandoned...this is the only WH forum that rules :twisted: We druchii rock...
Pmpn8ez
Evil Vampire Lord Fluffy

Post by Pmpn8ez »

Get charged all the time? They have M6... that should be enough to be doing the charging most of the time; the extra point of M on Saurus riders really isn't enough to call their charge a sure thing over that of Krox. Though I don't myself play Lizzies, everyone I know takes at least a trio of the big guys and only 1 takes a unit of saurus rides (8, to be exact, as he's a bit behind the times in terms of MSU :P ). The totem thing has consistently come up as a killer combo, but really it's the krox who seem to get the spotlight. The fact that they have +3S over the saurus really makes a difference, especially since, with I1, they'll be striking dead last anyway.
"We are the most civilized race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other." -Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth

«The wonder has a name: pmpn8ez.»
Slayer69
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Slayer69 »

I'd choose Kroxigors...with their S7 they can take on Knights 8if they charge) and are even capable of being a chariot buster! (great support unit)....besides..I think Saurus cavalery is also effected by stupidity so!(I dnno for sure though)!
Reaper
Arthion
Trainee Warrior

Post by Arthion »

I dont understand either why they get charged all the time. Ever used the skink protection? Id prefer the kroxis too. They are more versatile imho.

saluts
Hail Kurnous and Isha!
Jiangwei
Highborn

Post by Jiangwei »

I played using lizzies a little last year, and in almost all of the battle the Kroxigors proved to be more useful for me.

They hit harder, are often cheaper in units of three, and are more manuverable due to the slimmer frontage.
MotionLotion wrote:
Jor-El wrote:
funkamental wrote:I agree with everything pmpn8ez just said.
I agree with everything funkamental just said...

I agree with everything Jor-El just said...

I agree with MotionLotion.
Columind
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Columind »

What I meant when behing charged all the time is that my main usual opponents will charge them often...it's just a question of resisting the charge :)
Nechra
Nightbringer

Post by Nechra »

If your opponents charge them all the time then that can only be a good thing for you tactically. Its the old "aahhh!! charge the big scary thing first principle" that way you can use them to get some good flank charges in, or just use them to tie up a large number of troops. When playing against large lizzie armies I have always noticed how well they anchor the flanks aswell.

A rolling sausage gathers no gravy
Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Beastmaster kurlan »

i prefere kroxigors as they really hit hard even when charged. thye arent to slow either.
i cant seem to make friends! add me to msn you losers!

Kurlan the violent (trainee of khaine)

WS: 3
S:5
T:4
D:5
I:2

two short swords, dagger, 4 throwing knives, 500 gold coins, unarmed combat skill

Group 17 Mod
Deathraider
Black Guard

Post by Deathraider »

I just played a game using kroxigors as a unit that can take a charge from knights and it worked. They are strong and they will take a while to kill. Though I also prefer cavalry the kroxigors are cheaper and as I've said will live longer
Death is near.

Beastmaster kurlan: hmm i dunno itl definately go to tournies anyway, as he has the spear and hod anyway, but its in blakc and white so woohoo kb hail of doom.
Me: I h8 u lol :P
just coz i found a legend combo and u didnt
Slayer69
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Slayer69 »

They are a great unit and will take time to chew through...they are even able to hold up entire enemy units! (even route them!)
Reaper
Jiangwei
Highborn

Post by Jiangwei »

Don't forget the skink screen rule for the Kroxies too.
MotionLotion wrote:
Jor-El wrote:

Columind
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Columind »

Can/should kroxigors be joined by a character?
Jiangwei
Highborn

Post by Jiangwei »

I don't think they can be joined by a character, but I wouldn't anyway. For me, Kroxies are flankers, and I'd rather have my general in one of my main units, say a block of saurus or something.
MotionLotion wrote:
Jor-El wrote: