The Gods Of Chaos

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Alex c
Resident Beastmaster

Post by Alex c »

jmurph wrote:but nobody is going to worship a huge festering pus bag. Even those who are bloated, rotting masses generally don't like being that way.....

It's exactly those kinds of people that DO worship Nurgle in the WFB world.

Nurgle is not worshipped so that one can be caked in disease, He is worshipped (primarily) for relief from such contagion, as often Nurgle's power is the only way a victim can be relieved of their anguish.

Imagine, if you will, a town ravaged by plague. The inhabitants are desperately seeking a cure, but with 90% of their population dead and the rest dying they are hard-pressed to come up with anything. In desperation, they forum a cult dedicated to Nurgle in the hope that He will have mercy upon them and spare them from the horrific pestilence sweeping through their town. If Nurgle chooses to help, then He will grant them immunity (or near-immunity) to death and/or pain from the disease, and their lives and souls now belong to Him.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
- Albert Einstein.
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

Maybe Malar, or Furnex. It's hard to be cooler than yer basic machine god in a sci-fi universe or a beastlord in fantasy. Even so, the horned rat is more fun than them again. Hashut seems to have died though. Although my absoulute favourite has to be..... The Great Harlequin.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Xizor
Chris Tomlin

Post by Xizor »

Slaanesh all the way.
The Black Sun Weekly - an AoS Podcast

Follow me on Twitter; @the_black_sun
Eeeeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Eeeeron »

Sorry, there's me thinking he was a member of Right Said Fred (camp 80's UK band). I knew who I meant.
Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Bring on the dancing squirrels!

Consolecommunity.com - For all your gaming chat and meet-ups
Nidhogg
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Nidhogg »

1. Tzeench
2. Nurgle
3. Slaanesh
4. Khorne

(Khorne&Slaanesh last, why the hell I do play DE..? !wink!)
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh...
Nechra
Nightbringer

Post by Nechra »

God how many times has this discussion turned up on WoC....

My favourite has to be Slaanesh, for anyone that has ever faced a chaos lord on a steed of slaanesh with pendant of slaanesh and blade of blood will know what I am talking about.

A rolling sausage gathers no gravy
Shinobi
Beastmaster

Post by Shinobi »

Tought one..Tzeentch is way much cooler, magic and combat, but Slaaneeshi is better to worship.

Alex C wrote:I remember that Tzeentch Special Character who brought life wherever he walked. Grass would spring from broken ground, flowers blossomed in his path, it was a nice change (excuse the pun ;) ) of pace from the typical Chaos Characters.

Fluff is cool, but have you ever tried him in game? He can regenerate himself, and anyone in base contect with him. Including enemies. He got in cc with Grimgor Ironhide, and the combat lasted for two or three turns, with boh of them losing a single wound because of regeneration... I had to finish Grimgor with other chaos character...
Nozomeru Hei, tatakau mono, kaijin wo hari, retsu wo tukutte, mae ni ari

"Confronting Soldiers, Ones that battle, everybody making a formation, making
a row, and is present in front".
The Mighty Chat wrote:Ignorance is a virtue
Alex c
Resident Beastmaster

Post by Alex c »

Shinobi wrote:Fluff is cool, but have you ever tried him in game?

Nope, never did. I just liked the premise, it's nice to have a Chaos character that isn't obsessed with annihilating all life before him while accumulating as many spikes as possible.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
- Albert Einstein.
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

So something actually chaotic then? Yeah, it's nice when GW uses their dictionary.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.