Starting a VC

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Ninjaboy
Slave on the Altar

Starting a VC

Post by Ninjaboy »

Ive had the VC army book for some time now and havent quite gotten around to starting them yet, But I really like the idea of undead hordes killing every one.

My original Idea was to have a blood dragons force but Im not quite sure. I like the Necrarch vamps cuz of there great magic ablity, but I like the strigoi cuz of their brutality and predator like thinking, i like the von carsteins cuz of their similarities to dracula, and I love the Blood Dragons cuz of their super combat skills. I would like some advice to start an army.

I already have a smal warband consisting of a necromancer, zombies, and ghouls, but I would really like to make an actual army, so please if you have any advice for a starting player help me
I cut you so bad..........you'll haff to go to da hospital!!!
Pmpn8ez
Evil Vampire Lord Fluffy

Post by Pmpn8ez »

One of the great things about vampires is that you can use their army interchangeably. They all use the same list, so just buy units that you would normally; anything in the core, special, or rare section. They also all rely on necromancers, so between them and any other non- vamp character, the army will remain basically the same. Then, you could just have say 3 vamps from each bloodline you like and just switch them in and out for each other. There is a thread on the N-DD forum dedicated to what people's favorite vamp bloodline and why, so you could rummage around there if you want to try and get yourself convinced one way or other. If you decide on a single bloodline and want to theme it more appropriately, there are a bunch of ways to do this by taking some things and not others. BD, for example, would have lots of GG, BK, and skellies but no zombies (because they're more into the whole martial prowess thing). Conversely, a Necrarch list would have a ton of zombies and skellies, but not so many special or rare unless they were ethereals (who tend to be more magic-related than knights and other elites).
"We are the most civilized race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other." -Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth

«The wonder has a name: pmpn8ez.»
Ninjaboy
Slave on the Altar

Post by Ninjaboy »

ok thanx i think Ill get some of each bloodline
Slayer69
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Slayer69 »

That is probably the best oyu can do!

I myself have seen that armies with 4 character work very well of which 2 are Vampires and 2 Necromancers...try experimenting a bit...

As already said the Core of each army does not differ unless you wnat to theme the army!
Reaper
Ninjaboy
Slave on the Altar

Post by Ninjaboy »

yeah i mean i really dont want to theme it that much, because i figure that my force will not be very flexible if i do that
Pmpn8ez
Evil Vampire Lord Fluffy

Post by Pmpn8ez »

That's actually one of the great things about VC; they can be flexible even if you do theme, because they can raise basic guys. As long as you can maintain a powerful enough magic flow to keep raising guys, you can actually start the game with an elite-heavy force and end the game with a very core-heavy force. I'm not saying I would rely too heavily on raising unless you choose necrarchs and take 3 necros+ count with noble blood, but that's just an option.
"We are the most civilized race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other." -Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth

«The wonder has a name: pmpn8ez.»
Ninjaboy
Slave on the Altar

Post by Ninjaboy »

yeah I think Im gonna buy some Von carsteins, some Blood Dragons, and some Necrarchs because I really dont like strigoi that much or lahmia :badh:
Ardent sinner
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ardent sinner »

VC have some awesome magic items and bound items. If you look at most VC lists, you will see: Book of Arkhan, Staff of Damnation, Black Periapt, Ring of the Night, Flayed Hauberk, Cursed Book.

A lot of people use a Vamp General and 2-3 Necros along side him. You will want to make your General as hard to kill as possible.

Don't count out Strigoi Vamps either!! They are bad-ass Lords. I'm talkin' 6 Strength 6 attacks that are re-rollable every round!!