Need help on the basics for starting a lizardmen army

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

The fearless
Black Guard

Need help on the basics for starting a lizardmen army

Post by The fearless »

Hey everyone. I currently play dark elves (of course..) and i started some ogres. but i think eventually i want to start lizardmen, mayb in the next month or 2, but i would like to know some things about lizardmen that could help me in my purchasing of the models...

How should i start building the army...what is nessicary for a lizardmen army to work? what are some tactics for lizardmen? and so on.

any help is appreciated. thnk u
Asperon Thorn wrote:
Remember, you are a dark elf. You choose where and when combat happens, don't let them dictate your movement. You have lost as soon as you start reacting instead of dictating.

Asperon Thorn
Pmpn8ez
Evil Vampire Lord Fluffy

Post by Pmpn8ez »

The first thing to do would be to get an account over at the Pyramid Vault; it's widely considered the D.net for Lizzies. Next thing is to stick with core units for your first 500 points or so and begin to branch off a bit at 1000, then more as you progress. Unlike Druchii, Saurus Warriors form the backbone of a Lizzie army and they are its only ranked infantry unit (except TG, who require a Slann and have a bunch of little oddities about them). Basically, Saurus form the heart of a Lizzie army by default because they are nearly a requirement and there's simply nothing else.
"We are the most civilized race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other." -Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth

«The wonder has a name: pmpn8ez.»
Philleehellphia
Assassin

Post by Philleehellphia »

Yup, head your way to the Pyramid Vaults. Which is oddly in my signature below.

Anyways, Saurus are a backbone, yet expensive. You should generally have a good number of Saurus, then a good number of Skinks. Lizardmen Heros are also every good. You can really just start a Lizardmen army by looking at the units.

Oh, and your from Edmonton too. Cool.
Edmonton Oilers Western Conference Champions 2006