chaos and ogre kingdoms...

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Dark-and-dreary
Warrior

chaos and ogre kingdoms...

Post by Dark-and-dreary »

i have a friend, whose birthday is coming up and has very little for either of these armies. any suggestions on units?
The fearless
Black Guard

Post by The fearless »

for ogres get a unit of bulls....cant have to many bulls :D ...and if u dont want to spend that much...just get a blister or 2 of gnoblar trappers...as for chaos...i have no idea mayb a blister of daemons if they come in blisters so he can start collecting daemons slowly
Asperon Thorn wrote:
Remember, you are a dark elf. You choose where and when combat happens, don't let them dictate your movement. You have lost as soon as you start reacting instead of dictating.

Asperon Thorn
Alex c
Resident Beastmaster

Post by Alex c »

Core choices are always a good investment. For Ogres this means Bulls, Ironguts, Gnoblars and Trappers.

Chaos depends on what sort of army he is collecting:

Mortals: Warriors, Marauders, Knights, Chariots, Hounds, Horsemen.

Daemons: Bloodletters, Horrors, Daemonettes, Plaguebearers (amongst others, but these are probably the best choice to go for).

Beastmen: Beast Herds, Bestigor, Hounds.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
- Albert Einstein.
Dark-and-dreary
Warrior

he does chaos mortal, beastmen, and undivided 40k
Pmpn8ez
Evil Vampire Lord Fluffy

Post by Pmpn8ez »

What does he not have that he wants (and doesn't cost an inordinate amount of money :roll: )? If all else fails, getting him daemons associated with his favorite god is usually a safe bet since they can be used interchangeably with 40k or fantasy, though CSM squads are also pretty neutral; you can never have too many CSMs (unlike CW and marauders, who you can have enough of).
"We are the most civilized race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other." -Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth

«The wonder has a name: pmpn8ez.»
Alex c
Resident Beastmaster

Post by Alex c »

pmpn8ez wrote:(and doesn't cost an inordinate amount of money :roll: )?

We're talking GW here, everything costs an inordinate amount of money ;)

@ dark-and-dreary: If he has no OK miniatures and plays 40k, why did you include OK in your question and not 40k? :roll:

Don't get any OK, or he'll have a few mini's from several armies yet not enough from one to field a force. I'm assuming you're both young and/or new, so a blister of Daemons sounds like a good idea as it is useable in either game system and does not cost as much as a boxed squad might.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
- Albert Einstein.
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

We're talking GW here, everything costs an inordinate amount of money

We're so jaded these days.

Chaos hounds might be a good idea, they work in both systems (last time I checked) and you can keep them on the cavelry base. ANd they look cool.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Dark-and-dreary
Warrior

in total he has enough for a 700 points OK army, around 5000 points of mortals and about 3000 points of beasts. both of us have been playing for around 5-6 years. i just ran out of ideas.