the treacherous elves of ulthan

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

did you like this list?

Poll ended at Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:36 am

yes
18%
no
82%

Total votes: 11

Dark cloud
Trainee Warrior

the treacherous elves of ulthan

Post by Dark cloud »

this is my high elf army which i consider not so high, this is a list to represent new high elf betrayers who have joined malkieth in the cold of of the druchii homeland

Betrayers of ulthuan

Munio, commander, additional hand weapon, long bow, dragon armour, shield, radiant gem of hoeth, high magic, pure of heart
137 pts

Hawk eye, commander, additional hand weapon, dragon armour, shield, elven steed, ilithmar barding, reaver bow, talisman of protection
151 pts

Rithmir, commander, dragon armour, battle standard bearer, banner of sorcery
151 pts

15 archers, light armour, full command
225 pts

15 lorthern sea guard, shields, full command
275 pts

5 silver helms, heavy armour, shields, full command, lion standard
175 pts

Repeater bolt thrower
100 pts

Total: 1214 pts
"they sell thier lives for nought, for we will always be alive."

soul-spites host
W/L/T
0 0 0
Mornedhel
Cabal without a cause

Post by Mornedhel »

No, because first of all, making a poll asking "do you like it" without giving any explanation of how the units are supposed to work together and without asking any more specific questions makes for a rather useless post.

Secondly, it is in the wrong forum. Druchii Army lists is for ... exactly, druchii army lists. Even if backgroundwise, these are supposed to be druchii, gamewise they are high elves, and thus the list should have gone into Warhammer Fantasy Discussion.

Thirdly, 1215 points is a rather unusual points limit. You can certainly find something to raise that to 1250, can´t you?

And finally, you chose a rather useless combination of units - at least in my opinion. Get rid of two of the commanders, you need only one. Then get more silverhelms and maybe a chariot or two. Get rid of the archers - they will do nothing. Get ellyrian reavers or great eagles instead. Finally, exchange the sea guard for spearelves.

My two cents.
It´s nice to be important, but it´s more important to be nice.
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

this is a list to represent new high elf betrayers who have joined malkieth in the cold of of the druchii homeland

Not to mention that if this was your aim, then you failed at it rather miserably - you aren't going to have Lothern Sea Guard defecting to Malekith, to choose one example. And the list isn't exactly a good one either. :?
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Moved.
Truly These are the End Times ...
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Your all misrable complaining old men/women, the list is OK although I would drop one of the comanders and take more core units, either 2 units of 10 archers rather than one of 15 and some more sea guard or another Sea guard unit. Also back ground wise I put it to you Eldacar why are sea guard less likly to deffect than any other Asur? Try to expand the list with more core units.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Dark cloud
Trainee Warrior

Post by Dark cloud »

you can only take one seaguard unit so i think you are saying spearmen
"they sell thier lives for nought, for we will always be alive."

soul-spites host
W/L/T
0 0 0
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

Your all misrable complaining old men/women, the list is OK

No, it isn't. And your comment about the list being okay when you don't even play HE doesn't exactly add weight to it. The LSG are the most broken unit in the HE list with the possible exception of the Phoenix Guard - if you want to use them in a list, then that list will just about need to be entirely based around the one unit. And that is certainly not a good idea when you take into account the fact that these are expensive T3 4+/5+ AS models.

Moreover, two of those commanders are at quite a low point, those being the RGOH-armed commander and the BSB. The former has the oddest selection of equipment that I've ever seen, and the latter falls into the class of "weak and expensive model". Not only that, this is a very small list, and in a battle of the size it seems to be aimed at, you will only need two at the most (perhaps just one, but some people like to take a mage and a commander for a balance).

There's also a failing when it comes to the Archers - why do they have light armour? Even if they get into combat, a 6+ save isn't going to help already expensive 12-point models, and not only that, the size of the unit makes it both unwieldy and a part of the "weak and expensive" category. Dropping them to a unit of ten, or perhaps twelve at the most (without the light armour) should solve some of those problems.

As the last initial opinion of the list, it's only got a single support unit (the Silver Helms). And even in a small game, that's nowhere near enough. Two would be a minimum, and I personally prefer three.

Also back ground wise I put it to you Eldacar why are sea guard less likly to deffect than any other Asur?

Because they are not only a professional military unit employed by the naval forces of Ulthuan, the only elves who have the likely temperament to betray Ulthuan are those of Nagarythe - in fact, the Shadowlands is the only place where defects have ever occurred in the GW background.

sorry, I dont have the High elf book, I play Dark elves which is why I go on this site.

There is a very well-known phrase that goes like this:

"Know your enemy."

I don't play DE, yet I'm still here, so that would make me partially an example of that very common phrase. :roll:
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors