Starting New Army - Khorne

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Racso14
Corsair

Starting New Army - Khorne

Post by Racso14 »

I love my dark elves, but I would like to start a new army. Of all the armys, I like the three Elves, Bretonnians, Tomb Kings, and Chaos. Of the three elves, I already have DE, WE don't appeal to me as much (fluff wise, models are great), and the same thing with high elves. Bretonnians are nice but I like an army to look unisen so I wouldn't be too happy with them. Tomb Kings are nice and cool, but for some reason they don't pull me into them. That brings me to chaos. I don't like the decaying look of nurgle and the odd, mutated look of slaanesh. So that leaves me with Tzeentch and Khorne. BTW, red is my favorite color...

So, if you read that whole paragraph, you'll see that I basically said, I really want a Khorne army. So why am I hesitating? I like Khorne but I think they are a little cheesy. I made an army on paper, and it sounded really strong... maybe even too strong. So would it be worth it for me to build up this army, but then no one will play me because of it...

in short, should I build up a khorne army, or is it just not worth it?
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Khorne isn't cheesy. Khorne is one of the more difficult, if very direct, armies to play. Controlling frenzy can be difficult, particularly against armies with throwaway units that deny you a decent amount of victory points.

Khorne *cough*Ant*cough* ;) can be abused, but in general it's a challenging army that has to do all the work in the combat phase. Don't get into combat and you lose - simple as that.

I'd suggest you show us your list and then we can see what we think of it.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Heh, so we move in to the Khorne Trend then, or phase or what ever.

Just post your list up and we will tell ya what we think. I like Frenzied things, enjoy playing against them. Its always fun. Khorne is almost never cheesey, it can be VERY borring, but not cheesey...

Ras
Pleased to be back
Racso14
Corsair

Post by Racso14 »

I forget my list exactly but it was something along the lines of

1 Lord of Chaos
5 Chosen Khorne Knights (With lord)
5 Khorne Knights
5 Khorne Knights
10 Khorne Warriors
10 Khorne Warriors
5 Marauder Horsemen
5 Marauder Horsemen
10 Marauder
10 Marauder
10 Marauder
5 Hounds
5 Hounds
5 Hounds
5 Hounds

Don't know exactly, I may have had it a little different arangment of marauders and hounds, but thats basically how I had it. I don't have my list/books with my so I forget exact stuff, but thats basically it.
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Yeah, thats not cheesey, its fairly weak wih all those wasted points on troops on foot. So yeah, go for it, but remember to play in character ;)...
Pleased to be back
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

RasputinII wrote: its fairly weak wih all those wasted points on troops on foot.

Infantry are never a waste if you invest in them right ;).

I think that army would be better off with one or two units of marauders/warriors consolidated into a couple of units of 20 - At the moment it would be fairly easy for an opponent to break through any point in your line which isn't the chosen knights.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Ravendark
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Ravendark »

Maybe even do away with some of those Marauder s and take some beastmen? There great for soaking up enemy fire and come with quite a bit of hitting power. :?:

or some bloodletters? I dont know what kind of army your trying to build up mainly an infantry army?

MODERATOR EDIT: Please dont double post. If you find that you have more to say then EDIT your previous message instead of making a new one. Thank you very much, Linda Lobsta Defenda