Use of Chaos Warriors

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

What God would you take ?

Khorne
14%
Nurgle
20%
Slaanesh
23%
Great undivided
23%
This army can not work
20%

Total votes: 35

Silverwarlock
Highborn

Post by Silverwarlock »

but once you have marks in there they come up to 18+ points a model, and there is no way that can make a horde, sorry

maybe ill try out some horde lists for the heck of it, but I dont think MSU is possible when paying marks by the unit :/

ill post up some lists for the heck of it
Cenyu
Khaindar

Post by Cenyu »

I know. It was more a thought for a future Chaos army book and not for the current rules.
Silverwarlock
Highborn

Post by Silverwarlock »

So here is an attempt ...

based on the models I own, so probably not optimal :

12 warriors : halberds, khorne, shields 249

herd, 5 gors 5 ungors 55

herd, 5 gors 5 ungors 55

herd 8 gors 7 ungors FC 119

5 dogs 30

5 centigors 85

giant 205

giant 205

exalted champion axe of khorne, collar of khorne, shield 187

63 points left

I realised I will never play that list lol, but it seems like something that could work (I just hate an army with no movement no magic no shooting XD )
Carnage4u
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Carnage4u »

Ive been playing a lot of games lately with this style.. 12 to 15 games in the last month.

Good oppoents, march block the troops after turn 1 or 2.. really slows you down.

Ive found the lists Ive done well with. had no more then 2 units of chaos warriors... 12 to 15ish in size.

some maurder horsemen,, some other fast movers to deal with things march blocking.

If you can keep your units free to move down the middle, its half the battle.

The other problem, is since only 1 is choosen, the other one can be such a target.

5+ army save if you do anything other then shields, just cant handle a chare from anything too big, unless you have a characgter in in the unit.

Now if your choosen and handweapon/shield. thats another story.. but you only get there in 1 spot.

When I tried an MSU army and just had tons of 12 man units everywhere, I was able to get into battle and do some damage, but because everything was so small and half points still gave up so much. I still ended up in mostly all draws..
Tenebrae
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Tenebrae »

How did you equip the marauder horsemen?
Xerasi
Highborn

Post by Xerasi »

Silver, you are mistaken in saying that it is an army with no movement. Movement is all important to such an army, so it is true that you have less in your M, but you are far more challanged in using it correctly.

I still think that you need more dogs, and though I see the point on Khorne with more attacks, not being able to flee is a biggy for me...

Adding in dogs, spawns, flyers, or the like also helps on the mobility. It is all important for such an army not to face the whole enemy army in one go, but take it a bit at a time. Movement, fleeing and spawns are great for helping with this.

Xerasi
DoW 2/2.25k W-L-D: 22 - 4 - 3
Silverwarlock
Highborn

Post by Silverwarlock »

this post is now purely theoretical, my VC list has 20 chaos warriors as grave guards :p
Carnage4u
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Carnage4u »

Tenebrae wrote:How did you equip the marauder horsemen?

ive been changing them up.

but typicall 6 strong strong Full command... and flailes

Im going to start trying 6 strong. NO command. with throwing axes..