2000pt Lizardmen

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Thisisntnotjt
Cold One Knight

2000pt Lizardmen

Post by Thisisntnotjt »

Went for something a little more standard this time.

Old-Blood (264)
w/ Brand new Jordans, Venom of the Firefly Frog, Aura of Quetzl, gw, la, Sotek, Quetzl, Tepok

Skink Chief
w/ Cloak of Feathers, Sword of Might, Sotek, la, Shield

Skink Priest
w/ 2 scrolls

24 Saurus (318)
w/ FC

24 Saurus (318)
w/ FC

10 Skinks (x4) (240)
w/ Javs

10 Skinks (70)
w/ Pipes and Scouting

3 Kroxigors (174)

3 Kroxigors (174)

3 Salamanders (195)

PD: 3 (only 2 usable :cry: )
DD: 4 w/ 2 scrolls
Models: 110

The characters are obvious, except for maybe the chief, who is basically used for hunting and war machine killing. The rest of it is pretty standard tease and flank army.

I played it tonight against Skaven, who's list went something like this:

Grey Seer, 2 warlock engineers (or whatever), a BSB, 5 Units of 25 Clanrats, 3 Ratling Guns, 2 units of 5 skirmished rats, and 8 or so gutter runners.

I lined up in battle line formation, with the sauri units in the middle, Kroxs on the flanks, Sallies on the far right, along with the OB, Chief on the far left flank, and skinks all across the front.

He deployed his clanrats in the middle board to stare down my sauri, with guns in between units, his skirmishers hanging out in the back ranks. The Greyseer was in the middle, the BSB to my left of him, and the Warlocks on their flanks (all in their units).

His Turn 1: He marched up his full ten inches in everything, except for his clanrats on my far right, which had some troubles with some impassible terrain. Also, his skirmishers didn't more up for some unknown reason. He then began blasting away the skinks in front of my right side kroxigors and a spare unit on the far left. He detroyed them both completely, and gave my chief a notch on his wounds. Additionally, he also cast some frenzy spell on his BSB unit, which I allowed. teehee

My Turn 1: I moved up each of my remaining skink units 6 inches, then moved up my sauri and Kroxs up just under 4 inches, to stay out of charge range. My chief also charged the warlock on my left. The skinks shot down his 3 ratling guns with little effort, and my chief went ahead and killed his warlock. Luckily enough, he didn't get killed by the other rats, and passed his break test!

His Turn 2: His frenzied unit went ahead and tried to charge my skinks, from which they fled, popping out the other end of the saurus. His 2 other units able to did the same thing... for some reason.

My Turn 2: I'll make it simple; he had 3 units that had all failed their charges at exactly the same place, so they all got charged by my two sauri units in the front and the 2 Krox units on the side. He lost combat by 11, and got ran down.

The rest of the game was cleaning up the unit that got charged by the chief, and a unit that fled in turn 2. Every one of his models was destroyed.

Seems pretty good to me, I think I'll play it for a few weeks. Any thoughts? Suggestions? Questions?
meh...
Darthwald
Warrior

Post by Darthwald »

How about 3 unit of 15 sauruses and then drop the salamanders for a stegadon. It gives you more room to play with your tactics and maybe drop one unit of skinks and swap it for chameleon skinks. Note not the scounting unit of skinks.
For the rest it is very nasty and it would be a pain in the ... to play against it.
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

So you are giving up on the interesting MSU idea then?
Pleased to be back
Seanzala
Death Jester

Post by Seanzala »

Rather standard, very capable Lizzie list that should be able to take most comers. Don't drpo the Sallies in my opinion, they can rip through anything. I suppose some of the Jav skinks will be shielding the rest of the army? Perhaps you could make one or two of the Jav units scouts.

Sean
Thisisntnotjt
Cold One Knight

Post by Thisisntnotjt »

Yeah, the Jav skinks are their purely for shielding and baiting. They did exactly that last game, so I'm a little hesitant to lose any, since I needed every last one of them. Also, I agree with sean about the sallies. I'll take 3 sallies over a stegadon any day of the week.

Ras: I'm not giving up on it, I just wanted to get a little more practice with saurus first. I'm going to spend a while testing a couple different MSU armies, but this, or some variation on it, will be my main army for now.
meh...
Thisisntnotjt
Cold One Knight

Post by Thisisntnotjt »

A little update on the army; I joined a league down at the local store, literally at the last minute. I had to bump the list up to 2250, so I just threw in a BSB and some Chameleons. Anyways, First round I played darkelves, who was fielding a 8 CoK accompanied by his noble and his BSB with the hydra banner. He also had a couple warrior units, corsairs, 2 RBT, a high sorceress, and a sorceress, and a spell eater hydra.

Basically, I denied his charge with the CoKs by charging head strong with my JSOD, and Kroxigors on the flanks. He miraculously rolled 3/4 6's for his armor save from the kroxigors, and passed his Break test. Next turn both my Saurus units came in. He knew he was done for, but time ran out. Solid Victory.
meh...
Furiouscado
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Furiouscado »

if you're bumping up to 2250 and taking chameleons you might as well drop the skink chief and try to squeeze in another priest. you're getting lucky you're not getting owned in magic. once you play a magic heavy army: VC, TK, Tzeetch... you will have a lot of trouble.. your army is solid, don't drop the sallies, but if you've got scouters and a JSoD you don't need to skink chief with feather cloak.