Fun idea for Ras

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Marauder mitch2
Malekith's Best Friend

Fun idea for Ras

Post by Marauder mitch2 »

Ras, here is an idea for a fun army.

Chaos Lord, Mark of Khorne, Rending Sword, armour of damnation, barded steed, shield
Exalted Champion, Mark of Khorne, Collar of Khorne, Axe of Khorne, barded steed, shield
Aspiring Champion, Mark of Khorne, BSB, Warbanner, barded steed

All leading

7 Choson Knights of Khorne, FC, Banner of Rage

Rest of the army consists of

4 Knights of Khorne
4 Knights of Khorne

The rest leaves 631 points for divertor/prevent flee bait on the big block.

Basically the Lords unit cannot be avoided and by having the exalted/lord on both the flanks it prevents people trying to flank you. Only if they rear you they avoid the characters but the rest are normal Choson knights. The army also generates 8 power dice and the unit has Magic Resistance 2.

It is like the big block of infantry but you are faster and the unit hits harder.

cheers rob
Garluch
Beastmaster

Post by Garluch »

Yeah, it woud work but it will be a cannon target, but this can make your other troops reach the enemy line safe,buy 2regiments of warriors and the rest chaos hounds, warriors attack the enemy and hounds cause headache.
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Re: Fun idea for Ras

Post by Rork »

Marauder Mitch2 wrote:Ras, here is an idea for a fun army.

Chaos Lord, Mark of Khorne, Rending Sword, armour of damnation, barded steed, shield
Exalted Champion, Mark of Khorne, Collar of Khorne, Axe of Khorne, barded steed, shield
Aspiring Champion, Mark of Khorne, BSB, Warbanner, barded steed

All leading

7 Choson Knights of Khorne, FC, Banner of Rage

Completely unnecessary. I've been using 9 with a lord and the BoR for years now, and that's capable of taking down pretty much anything in any given situation. The other two characters are, well, pointless when your front rank without a character pumps out 13 S5 (+4 S4) attacks per round.

Dwarf anvils would have a field day with that army :lol:.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Marauder mitch2
Malekith's Best Friend

I thought about the other charcter just for subtle other bonus's. MR2 and a KB character and the BSB incase you have a bad round and to make some static CR res.

After writing the list i am tempted to repaint/rebuild my khorne knight army of old.

Rork, are you coming to Tanelorn this year???

cheers rob

P.S. Anvils have field days against most armies. I remember when a mate played Thorek vs Thorek and he ancient powered the other thorek and killed Kraggi.
DJ Dizzy Posted: Jul 1 2009, 08:13 PM

Horror

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,989

My daemon record is 2 wins and 12 losses... Yep, I suck at warhammer
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Rob. Whilst I appreciate the sentiment I am motivated by unorthodox lists and lists that inspire tactical discussion of vallidity to the D.net community in cases where I am not going to play with the list. And whilst Khorne offers some interesting possibilities I don't think the under unit of death is a particularly interesting idea. Be more interested in playing with Khornate infantry and/or lines with Khorne.
Pleased to be back
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Marauder Mitch2 wrote:I thought about the other charcter just for subtle other bonus's. MR2 and a KB character and the BSB incase you have a bad round and to make some static CR res.

You have the banner of rage, you don't need the BSB in that unit (he would be better elsewhere if he was taken).

Rork, are you coming to Tanelorn this year???

I hadn't thought about it...I have no idea :).

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

Post by Dangerous Beans »

sorry to side track slightly from the topic here, but have details about tanelorn been given out yet??? If details are out can someone PM me a link/info? Thanks!

erm, yeah anyway, back on topic, Khornate cavalry armies really are kind've done to death: I think that a khornate infantry army screened with warhounds/fleshhounds could be interesting: if any of the warhounds were to flee back through the khornate chaos warriors it wouldnt matter as theyd be immune to psychology from the frenzy and in return they'd be covered from shooting for a turn or so with a very cheap shield.

My memory is a little foggy, but can warhounds use the generals LD for tests as usual or is there some 'beast' rule (eg. like our harpy rule) that would negate this? If they can use his LD then you have a LD 10 cheap-as screen for your infantry + you can rush any missile troops with it too! :D

Just a thought...

- Beanz
Marauder mitch2
Malekith's Best Friend

Tanelorn i thiknk should be in September. I will confirm next time i am down the club.

Ras, a khorne army requires skill to use and i think it would challenge you as after a few turns your opponent is controlling your army.

The using of an almost entirely frenzied army is hard and will produce challenges to how you play. Against some players youbig unit won't do too much therefore you have to understand the other compenents of the list.

cheers rob
Victor simic
Highborn

Post by Victor simic »

a khorne army requires skill to use
That it does. An understatement really.

An entire Khornate Army requires a great deal of skill to use effectively, especially vs. a canny opponent. I have found Khornate Knights (and Frenzied troops in general) far more useful in a `supporting hammer` role rather than in entire Armies.

Good luck to the brave souls that use entire Frenzied Armies, but I find that playing against them is just a case of leading them where you want them, and smashing them at your leisure. Sure they ARE scary, and they hit like a runaway train, but they`re too easily diverted for my liking.

IMO, `Deadly Khornate Cavalry Uber Units from Hell` are awesome to behold. They`re just best used to AUGMENT a cleverly chosen Chaos Army, instead of being the first and last word.

Your right though. A Frenzied Army would be a challenge to use successfully. A challenge indeed.
Be happy, and ye shall be wise