What's the most you've ever won a combat by?

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Ant
Lord of the Venom Sword

What's the most you've ever won a combat by?

Post by Ant »

Well, the title says it all really. What's the highest CR you've ever won a combat by?

My best was with my TKs against a huge block of high elf spearmen. I managed to charge practically my entire army into the unit in turn 5: My king on chariot with flail of skulls, a block of 16 heavy cav (6th ed so 3 ranks)with a warbanner (and an icon bearer), 2 scorps, a unit of chariots and a unit of light cav.

I got:

Ranks +3
Banner +1
Warbanner +1
Outnumber +1
Flank +1
Rear +2
6 wounds from the king in a challenge +6
12 wounds from everything else +12

My opponent had:
Banner +1

So I won by a whopping 26! 8)
Can anyone beat that?
Ash010110 wrote: I completely agree with Ant (Reynolds, I presume?).

(Please note, I am NOT Anthony Reynolds)
Prince of arnheim
Renegade Reaver

Post by Prince of arnheim »

I once charged a unit of EMpire Halmberdiers in the front with my Corsairs and in the flank with my Cold One Knights and Highborn. I won by +26!! That was in 4th Edition though when you got the +1 for charging and Cold Ones had 2 attacks each.
Last edited by Prince of arnheim on Thu May 17, 2007 2:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

wow, total gankage by a few people here, my highest though was +15, and i would of got +12 overkill..but you can't got past 4....
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Manaurith
Black Guard

Post by Manaurith »

my best was when I was a beginner ans a 10 unit cok sounded smart with a batlestandardberer with hydrabanner. and the unit had warbanner

I attacked a skeleton unit 30 strong I think full komand

cok whent in front and 6 darkriders in flank

Warbanner 2+
outnumber 1+
flank 1+
rank 1+
on kills I got werry lucky and got 20 kills from DR, Noble and knigts and coldones with the banner so 20+

so that amounts up to 24-2 from his standard and loss of one dark rider so 22 is my max
Time to toss the dice
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

That's seriously impressive guys - seriously. Highest I've ever gone I think is +16 on sylvannian zombies.

What I want to see though is them rolling snake eyes after you win by 26. ;)
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

It has happened before to me, my goblin unit was absolutely getting raped from all sides, and my big unit of 30 strong Night gobbos were reduced to a champ and a standard and my hero. They rolled double 1, so i grinned and kept playing.
What happened to my unit? rumour has it they were squashed down into the Bedrock.

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Agifem
Noble

Post by Agifem »

A few days ago, at the end of the game, i charged my cold one knights in front, 15 warriors on a flank, and 5 dark riders on the other flank, against 20 normal orcs (single choppa). I won by something like +12.
Druchii : Victories : 17. Draw : 3. Defeats : 10.
Vampire Counts : Victories : 11. Draw : 2. Defeats : 5.
Bretonnians : Victories : 6. Draw : 0. Defeats : 2.
Gnoblars : Victories : 1. Draw : 0. Defeats : 1.

"3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win."
Mornedhel
Cabal without a cause

Post by Mornedhel »

Mine was 11 against a unit of big'uns with the orc general. Considering I only needed a unit of warriors and a chariot-mounted noble for that, though, I think it is okay. I rolled a 6 for impact hits and wounded with about every hit I got, and the big'uns had already been reduced by one rank by rxb fire before, so he did not get much static CR.
It´s nice to be important, but it´s more important to be nice.
Tich
Highborn

Post by Tich »

highest i ever got was against a unit of goblins, i won by about 17
"I have this magic sword, it kills people when you stick it in them"
Alex c
Resident Beastmaster

Post by Alex c »

I would estimate around the 12-15 mark, though I can't remember exactly.

I was using TK versus a Dwarf army. A block of 35 warriors was giving me fits, so I charged everything I could fit into base contact. 25 strong Skeleton unit, 2 Tomb Scorpions, 3 Chariots and 2 Ushabti. Wiped out from the resulting autobreak.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
- Albert Einstein.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I charged a Dragon mounted Highborn, a unit of 15 spear elves and two chariots into a unit of 30 eternal gaurd that were already fighting another unit of spear elves that was about 10 men strong after 5 having been skewerd.

Ranks+3

Banner+1

Flank+1

Rear+2

Kills+15 (Dragon lord was in a chalange and so made no kills)

Total=22

The enemy roled badly and killed no one (mostly because they had no one left to fight on all but one side) and so had +1 from a banner, so I won by 21, unfortunatly the gits are stuborn so they still didnt brake and it took 3 more turns to wipe them out and it cost me the life of my lord.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Post by General kala »

23 was my best. It doesn't beat the high score but it was all from one mega-unit and was a very sweet victory.

The unit contained a Blade-o-Ruin Highborn, BSB with Hydra Banner, and standard bearer with the War Banner. They were basking in the evil radiance of a Cauldron.

The target - flank of a big skeleton block with a Vampire Count in the front rank. The risk factor was not destroying the unit and the Vampire swinging around to munch me in subsequent rounds.

- 19 kills
- Flank
- Standard
- War Banner
- Outnumber
(this was 6th edition, so no +1 bonus from the BSB)

He had a Standard. Ha ha.

What started out as 25 Skeletons and a Vampire Count general ended up as so much bone meal between the talons of my Cold Ones. I overran into his Black Coach. Opponent conceded. Yay me.
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Kergoth
Corsair

Post by Kergoth »

No idea about the exact number but the circomstances were...

12 Devoted ones off Slaanesh (full command with a lovely annoited in the front rank)

combined with a flank charge of Cold ones (also full command + warbanner)

into a unit of 30 zombies with a necromancer in it. (annoited challenged even)

Result: somewhere in the early 20th's

Had a great evil laugh at the end... :twisted:
There are 24 beers in a pack
There are 24 hours in a day
coincidence?
I think NOT!
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

My best was in a large allied game.

We spent the enemy magic phase using about four or five scrolls to stop a unit of TK chariots (around 6-7 with a king).

In our own turn we charged it with:

CKoK with a lord, COK with a Lord, Slaanesh Knights with a Lord, a bloodthirster and a BD vampire count on a winged nightmare. Despite the bloodthirster missing with 6 out of his 7 attacks, we won the combat by 23 and the king went *poof*.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Kida
Undercover Asrai

Post by Kida »

Pfft, I once lost combat with my Vamps by 26, and all thanks to one S7 attack.

Yup, my Black Coach had a field day that game and had 26 wounds...however, turn 6 proved to be fatal.

This, however, was a huge combat and my Black Knights were unpleasantly surprised when they died to a man (and would do the same if there were 20 of them in a unit) in spite of killing lots of opposition.

It was a funny sight - 2 or 3 large infantry units and those Black Knights just perished in one turn...

my Last.fm page in case anyone is interested...
Geist
Noble

Post by Geist »

Not bad not bad. Sadly I must put you all to shame.
6th ed
Tomb Kings PDF ravening hordes.
Chariots then came in units like now BUT, did d6 impact hits instead of d3.
After rolling something like 17impact hits and another or so handful of attacks (scrolls of smiting were used), 34 wounds were done.
So a impressive 34 combat res.
Flyers for the win in 8th.

DEATH FROM ABOVE DRUCIH AIR CAV!!!!

The Machine will grind you down.

The League of Extraordinary Druchii
Slerac fellblade
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Slerac fellblade »

Ogres with tyrant

Highborn 4 wounds on the tyrant
Daich Master and 3 others 5 wounds
Chariot rolled 6 on the impact and did 5 wounds
he crew and a cold ones each did one wound for a total of 7
3 ranks
Banner
Warganner
Out number

Ogres did 2 wounds back and had a banner

Combat won by 19 by my druchii.
Ian: We are trying to help as many starving children as possible
Me: Wait a day and there will be less of them
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

wow greta work Sierac, that was against Orges too, very hard indeed. very well done!

Evilzealot
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Evilzealot »

In this edition? Hmmm lets see. I charged a unit of 24 orcs and killed all but one with my Bone giant, and Tomb guard unit. so... 23 wounds + 3 Ranks + 1 Outnumber (hehe) + 1 Banner - 3 for their ranks = 25. Not bad for a frontal charge. I remember that game very clearly, because my giant's sustained assault went on for a minute with one die. I couldnt keep a straight face, and the owner was getting somewhat upset (it was his orc unit). He'll still talk your ear off about it if you mention anything about bone giants, maybe just giants in general...
Haplo
Highborn

Post by Haplo »

KidA wrote:Pfft, I once lost combat with my Vamps by 26, and all thanks to one S7 attack.

Yup, my Black Coach had a field day that game and had 26 wounds...however, turn 6 proved to be fatal.

This, however, was a huge combat and my Black Knights were unpleasantly surprised when they died to a man (and would do the same if there were 20 of them in a unit) in spite of killing lots of opposition.

It was a funny sight - 2 or 3 large infantry units and those Black Knights just perished in one turn...

Isn't there a rule about characteristics not exceeding 10?
Slerac fellblade
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Slerac fellblade »

Khelmor wrote:wow greta work Sierac, that was against Orges too, very hard indeed. very well done!

To be fair that player did pretty much whiff alot of the rolls he hand especially with his tyrant. but it happens. I once lost a combat by the same amount against chaos but that was with my empire.
Ian: We are trying to help as many starving children as possible
Me: Wait a day and there will be less of them
Kida
Undercover Asrai

Post by Kida »

Haplo wrote:Isn't there a rule about characteristics not exceeding 10?

There is, for some. W and A aren't limited...

my Last.fm page in case anyone is interested...
Ostron
Assassin

Post by Ostron »

KidA wrote:
Haplo wrote:Isn't there a rule about characteristics not exceeding 10?

There is, for some. W and A aren't limited...

I believe they are, but the rule about limits is that BASE characteristics can't exceed 10. So you can't have a hero who's printed stat line says he has 12 wounds. Modifications don't have limits in and of themselves, although most items that reduce or increase stats put limits themselves (like Soul stealer limiting thefts to double the original wounds, and most Ld bonus items specifying that they can't increase Ld above 10).
Mattschuur
Corsair

Post by Mattschuur »

my highest was 14 with my ogre kingdoms ironguts with bull standard and tyrant with wallcrusher and thundermace. And that was against a unit of 30 halbediers.

kind of funny, the worst i've ever recieved was by bretonians against my vampires. A unit of knights of the realm, grail knights and a lord on hippgryph hit a unit of 35 zombies. The result was a 17 to the combat res in his favor. Of course i had to point out he cheated or it would have been 20+. He palmed dice so his questing knights who had i think 11 attacks, only 6 knights wounded 10 times, even though i seen him miss 4 attacks. come on how can you thnk to hide palming 3 dice?

matt schuur
"If the pen is mightier than the sword, than is not this feather as sharp as my wit?"

"If i was Swiss Cheese i'd kill myself."

92% of teens like rap. Copy this into your signature if you are part of the 8% with taste.
Getwisteerd
Highborn
Location: The duke's forest (yes that's the name of the town I live in)

Post by Getwisteerd »

Well, I think the most I've ever achieved was something like 11 or 12, But I only used a highborn on a chariot for that!

The highborn charged an ogre unit with tyrant, the impact hits did some damage and then I challenged the tyrant. I had the venom sword and wounded twice, he failed both tests. Full overkill with just 4 attacks.