2K Power VC

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Solaufein
Warrior

2K Power VC

Post by Solaufein »

The lord is flying on a W1 mount, has 2+ armour save, 3+ ward save against ranged attacks of any sort. He has WS7 S7 A4 flaming attacks and re-rolls all hit rolls every turn. He gets extra attacks after he has hit and wounded, so usually he kills 7-8 elite infantry or even Knights on the charge. He also has one point of static resolution because of Walking Death. The mount has one S4 attack. The stoned Necromancers both have Vanhel's Danse automatically and can force it through. The magic banner on the large Knight unit gives the mounts and the Wights re-rolls to hit. As you know, all of the Knights have ethereal movement.

-Vampire Lord w/ Extra Level
Red Fury, Infinite Hatred, Walking Death, Hellsteed
The Balefire Spike, Flayed Hauberk, Wristbands of Black Gold, Book of Arkhan

-Necromancer
Extra Spell x1, Power Stone x2

-Necromancer
Extra Spell x2, Power Stone x2

-Necromancer
Dispel Scroll x2

Core:

-21 Zombies

-20 Zombies

-15 Ghouls

-5 Dire Wolves

-5 Dire Wolves

-5 Dire Wolves

Special:

-12 Black Knights
Standard, Royal Standard of Strigos

-6 Black Knights

-6 Black Knights

-6 Black Knights

Total Points: 2000
Total Models: 105
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Serious amount of cavalry backed by unrelenting blocks of zombies. I'd like to face this army. No Corpse Carts and little magic defense leaves you at mercy of massive magic attack. Personally I'd put at least one Corpse Cart with Balefire instead of Ghouls (but don't remember if dire wolves count for minimum core)
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Silverheimdall »

7 dispel and 2 scrolls is little magic defense?
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

4 scrolls and 8 dispel is strong defence, dispel dice are too unreliable, and you have to use one more DD than enemy uses PD to have a good chance at breaking the spell. That's why I believe scrolls are more important that pure dice. 4 DD and 4 scrolls would be stronger defence IMO
But if you put Corpse cart on top of current defence... it adds one bounds spell that probably should be dispelled as well as -1 to all casting rolls within 24"... that's almost whole table most of the time. 2 Corpse Carts would be best.
7th edition army book:

Krupp
Executioner

Post by Krupp »

4 scrolls and 8 DD is retardedly defensive. You never need more than 5 DD and 2 scrolls. What if the other side has little or no magic? Regardless of how many DD you have some spells are gonna get through.

This list looks nasty, lots of Knights. Just make sure you play on a big table. My store only has 4x4s and lists like this would run into serious problems, even with Ethereal Knights.
Why no wraths? 3A and 2W Ethereal, just seems wrong to pass up.
Danceman
The Devil in Pale Moonlight

Post by Danceman »

7dd and 2 scrolls are more than enough, especially if you know what spells you can let through what you need to stop. Seriously, if you need 8dd and 4 scrolls to reliably defend yourself against magic you´re definately doing something wrong.

As for the list...
The only thing I´d try to do is add 3 ghouls and arrange them 6x3.
12 poisoned attacks is more fun. Other than that, looks good.

Cheers
"Dying is for fools." - Charlie Sheen
Ant
Lord of the Venom Sword

Post by Ant »

4 scrolls and 8 DD is retardedly defensive. You never need more than 5 DD and 2 scrolls.

QFT

Nice list. Looks very hard to me. Not nessecerily whatI'ddo with the new VC but I can't see anything obvious that I'd change. Atfirst glance the necromancers seem a strange choice, but when you look more closely they really do seem to fit perfectly. I think power stones will be THE magic items for necros from now on. I like your thinking.
Ash010110 wrote: I completely agree with Ant (Reynolds, I presume?).

(Please note, I am NOT Anthony Reynolds)
Grogsnotpowwabomba
The Aspect of Murder
The Aspect of Murder

Post by Grogsnotpowwabomba »

Where do the Necromancers deploy? They cannot go in the Zombie units (characters cannot join these units anymore - see "The Newly Dead" rule in the Zombie section). Unless you want them running solo or want everyone in that easily destroyed Ghoul unit, you are going to have to invest in some Skeletons, Grave Guard, or more Ghouls. I suggest you drop one of the Black Knight units and maybe some wolves to accomplish this.

I also worry that with your Vampire off with the cavalry the rest of your army will be too slow (no marching). I would change one Necromancer to be a Vampire to allow the infantry to march if you insist on having the Lord off with the Black Knights.

And I agree that this army has plenty of magic defense and need not worry in that department.
3 bots slain in Khaine's name.
Ant
Lord of the Venom Sword

Post by Ant »

Where do the Necromancers deploy? They cannot go in the Zombie units

I didn't realise this. I guess then the plan must be to use the zombie units as a bunker between them and the ghouls. Seems a bit of a waste really. Can Necros still ride steeds? If so you could lose all the infantry and go for more dire wolves and black knights (IMO the bigger the better with black knights), perhaps even some blood knights. Stick the necros in some largeish units of dire wolves (if they get shot, nercos don't cost much, and you hve more knights) or the BKs that won't be moving through terrain.

This is of course assumming dire wolves still count towards core...
Ash010110 wrote: I completely agree with Ant (Reynolds, I presume?).

(Please note, I am NOT Anthony Reynolds)
Zakath the slaughterer
Master of Puppets

Post by Zakath the slaughterer »

This is of course assumming dire wolves still count towards core...

They don't. I guess Solaufein just needs to exchange the Zombies to Skellies instead (or are they too Newly Dead?).

And the magic defense.. More than enough, IMO. Really strong. Especially since the army includes several fast elements that get to CC quickly

EDIT: Coorected smoe spellinc mistakes :)
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Skellies are not newly dead but cost twice the points
And necros can only ride corpse carts nowadays
7th edition army book:

Furiouscado
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Furiouscado »

Ya the necros can only ride in the corpse carts, but I think that's great. They're meant for behind the lines action anyway and more of a "join's combat second round by touching a corner of the enemy unit." However, for this list, the necros are going to have a hard time hiding. I would drop the 21 zombies for a unit of 10 skellies. Same points and the necro(s) can join the unit.

Another one can join a unit of wolves or something.

I think the necros will be more protected than you think. With that many knights, they can charge enemies threatening the necro units with extreme ease (especially with 3/4 x macabre). The only think they need to worry about is excessive shooting.