Canadian Prices adjusting slowly but surely?

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

Canadian Prices adjusting slowly but surely?

Post by Silverheimdall »

Browsed all 3 websites...
Daemonettes of Slaanesh
Price: £12.00
Price: $22.00
Price: CA$25.00

Looks like with the new releases - prices are adjusting themselves to be reasonable. I may finally be able to afford GWShop prices.
Hali
Grand Executioner

Post by Hali »

www.gc-minis.com

I live in australia and on bulk orders it's cheaper for me to wait the 2 months in delivery time and frieght costs that it does for me to buy locally. Don't know what your excuse is living in Canada ^^
Harabec
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Harabec »

Nice! Its about time.

Don't know what your excuse is living in Canada

Well the Canadain prices were based on the conversion from US$ but in the last year the Canadian dollar shot up to be worth the same as the US counterpart, yet we still had to pay massive markups. GW Canada was hurt bad this year becuase of it as everyone just ordered the much cheaper items from the US.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

well, Poland still pays for GW miniatures according to conversion from oh, about a year ago. Prices should be 1/3rd lower right now but nobody seems to be bothered.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Harabec
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Harabec »

@Dalamar: Yeah much then same thing then. I now people wrote GW to see if they were planning to adjust the prices but just got a big speech about alot of crap.
Hali
Grand Executioner

Post by Hali »

I've never really taken notice of Games Workshop prices because they've just been obscene these past few years. Pretty much only buy from discounted stored anyway, places like GC mni's. Keep the people who are doing the community a service in business in my opinion.

Thanks for the heads up Harabec, i remember it being mentioned a while ago, thier inflexibilty on pricing.
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

Harabec wrote: GW Canada was hurt bad this year becuase of it as everyone just ordered the much cheaper items from the US.

Here's hoping that GW in my part of the world catches on. We still pay about US$100 more for a spearhead than america does in NZ and Australia.

Ans since the Dark elf spearhead will be so tempting for me, i may have to look at a US website that can expedite one to me. Even with the extra freight charges, I will probably save quite a bit...
Hali
Grand Executioner

Post by Hali »

Sulla, check out Great Canadian Mini's if you're going to do an overseas charge. Level of service is fantastic with them, the Canadian Dollar is quite close to the Aus and NZ dollar and everything on thier lists comes stock with a 25% discount compared to GW standard.

All the warhammer i've bought has been from:

www.gc-minis.com
www.milsims.com.au

Military Simulations is a Melbourne based company, and it gives a 10% lower on all GW items, but then it constantly has specials running. Just last month i was picking up boxed sets for the Bretonnian army i'm starting for about AUS$30 each.

www.xe.com (here's a reall good currency converter, if you do an order when the dollar is strong, your discount be amazing, even with the overhead of freight taken into account)
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

Hali wrote:Sulla, check out Great Canadian Mini's if you're going to do an overseas charge. Level of service is fantastic with them, the Canadian Dollar is quite close to the Aus and NZ dollar and everything on thier lists comes stock with a 25% discount compared to GW standard.

Cheers hali. I think I will do just that. :D
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

Well, its for their own good to reduce the prices to levels that are on par with the US ones. Its still way cheaper on many items to buy from the US and have it shipped here, not to mention going to US independent sellers (which already have lower prices that GW stores) in the US and shipping them up. I know someone who did that with a number of items and got them effectively at 50% off the Canadian prices. Its been pretty pointless for quite a while now to buy from any GW store in Canada.
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?