Daemons 2000

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lord woulfe
Trainee Warrior
Location: kidnapping, killing, pillaging and plundering somewhere... probably

Daemons 2000

Post by Lord woulfe »

I tried to make a new deamon army using khorne, and tzeentch, WIth no lords, as heralds are so cooler

Herp
Skulltaker 150

Herald Of Tzeentch, master of sorcery 140

Herald Of Tzeentch, master of sorcery 140

Herald of Khorne- BSB, armor of khorne 140

Core

Horrors 30 360
Horrors 30 360
Bloodletters 20 FC 270
Bloodletters 15 FC 210

Rare
Blood Crushers 3 Banner 230

comes out to 2000 exact

The plan

One herald of tzeentch in each unit pf horrors

Skulltaker in the small unit
the big unit goes in the center of my battleline with the khorne herald

Bloodcruchers go up the flank, and scare my opponent into putting more then 230 points worth of stuff in their way to eat, or let them roll up the flank

Models 102
DD 8
PD 12
Lord Woulfe of the raiders of the lost black ark
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

Geez...some of these lists are just insane. I think the Daemons are gonna raise so may eyebrows!

I'm not too familiar with the Tzeentch magic lore yet, how much of it, if any, doesn't require line of sight? Coz I can see you struggling against a typical tooled Wood Elf army for example, and any other lists with the ability to easily conceal themselves in and around terrain.
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Dark Alliance wrote:I'm not too familiar with the Tzeentch magic lore yet, how much of it, if any, doesn't require line of sight? Coz I can see you struggling against a typical tooled Wood Elf army for example, and any other lists with the ability to easily conceal themselves in and around terrain.

Only one doesn't require LoS, and that only has a 12" range.

I'd agree with DA - If you're going to be mixing Khorne and Tzeentch, you have flamers (and furies) at your disposal. They negate such armies' mobility advantage and will also do the dirty on units like treekin. It will still be difficult, but at least you can move quickly (and importantly through terrain) to get at them.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Shanti
Dark Rider

Post by Shanti »

Flamers are an absolute MUST. I would drop down 1 squad of horrors to include a couple, and really consider using your extra daemonic item slots on your heroes.
"Felix qui quod amat defendere fortiter audet."
Shinigamithefourth
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Shinigamithefourth »

What if you were faceing something like dwarfs... the bloodletters would get mauled... wouldnt they? and then they have insane despell dice, but you would most likely destroy them with the magic anyways. good luck...
I am the god of death, and I came to hunt you down.
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

Dark Alliance wrote:Geez...some of these lists are just insane. I think the Daemons are gonna raise so may eyebrows.

Insane how? Because they mix marks? or?
Arcturus
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Arcturus »

Demons are a pretty intresting army IMO, some hard lists for the tournament cheese to deal with, but even demons have their problem lists, so the paper/scissors/rock stuff keeps on rolling. Offcourse people who've jumped on the VC cheese regen train, or Wood Elf Ancient crew, and so on, might gnash their teeth at this turn of unlucky events of having rething their cheese. I see the new deamons as no problem at all. If you play friendly games, no new armylist is an issue, othervise you just think you're playing friendly games. If you're a hardcore tournament cheeser, it's also no problem, you adapt. I think new armies, with new cheese, that affects the meta game, is the salt in the wounds of the "I like to whine about everything" people.

Bloodthirsters aren't immune to cannons, but now Treeman Ancients are one army less omnipotent again, just like the VC regen trains have another problem in their way. And so on. The Chaos deamons just need a few questions answered like using multiple armor, weapons and that slaaneshi flee gift. And it's game time.

That's my opinion at least. :)

Cheers
---Tragic legend, Eerie stratum---