Funniest/most unreasonable deaths and kills

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Heat-13
Beastmaster

Funniest/most unreasonable deaths and kills

Post by Heat-13 »

Hey guys thought it be funny for everyone to share their most ridiculous deaths and kills while playing warhammer fantasy.

Mine would have to be:

My goblin little boss (unit champ) accepting a challenge from a charging knight of the realm champion. The little goblin was feeling suicidal and he was surprised when the knight missed him, so he proceeded to jump on the Bret's neck and cut his throat. My opponent was pretty unbelieving about that. =P

A giant picking up the Bostonian battle standard bearer and stuffing him into his sack. (Different battle)

What about you? I'm sure everyone has their funny stories =)

heat
WS:4 S:3 T:3 D:5 I:4
Basic Stealth, Blood Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting
Eq: S Swordx2, R Crossbow (8 clips), 3xT.Daggers (2gd,1exc) Shade Cloak, Wolfskin Cloak, Stealth armor,s drugs, ring,50ft s.rope, 4rations.33.3 gp
Group 21 Mod
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Old battle, Dark Shadows Campaign.

8 Imperial Knights charged my Cold One Knights, due to terrain only two got in contact and clipped my dark emissary skulking nearby

Imperial Knights killed no one, Cold one Knights killed no one...
Dark Emissary with his 1 attack, hit, wounded and killed imperial knight (1+ AS!), the unit next fled and got run down by cold ones.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Valeron the forgotten
Warrior

Post by Valeron the forgotten »

i was watching empire play DE the other day at my club and a unit of corsairs with shadowblade attacked a unit of handgunners. Shadowblade proceeded to miss every attack and was beaten to death by two handgunners!! :twisted:
Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Silverheimdall »

Giant picked up the Vampire Lord and Ate him.
Quite epic.
Furiouscado
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Furiouscado »

Don't know if it measures up, but Nike Saurus (with extra attack and GW) charged a chariot with 5 strength 7 attacks hitting on 3's, wounding on 2's..... and died...
Rising son
Cold One Knight

Post by Rising son »

Not FB but in Blood bowl:
A Kroxigor declared a blitz on my lowly, unsupported ungor. He promptly rolls the equivalent of 3 ones, knocking himself down, I luckily roll to go through his armour and just to add inult to injury (or perhaps that should be the other way around) he rolls a KO result taking his scary, drooling monster out of the game.

Also from BB. My Beastman team is quite advanced and so my regular opponent, playing with a new team, got a huge stach of cah as compensation, so promptly buys Morg'n'Throg as a one-off star player. Uh-oh methinks, my beast veterans are gonna get smashed. The game starts. He kicks to me. A lowly ungor gathers the ball. The defensive line lumbers forward. Taking a hopeless risk my bestigor makes a lone blitz aginst the very expensive, Ogre Star player. Hoping against hope to at least push him out of the way, I instead manage to knock him down, get through his armour and kill him (actually rolled miss next game but for a star player it's the same thing). That's 200K Gold pieces down the drain before my opponent has an opportunity to even move him. HA!
"I can't believe you think I'm a liar. Sure I make random stuff up, but I'm not a liar."
Mekhet
Warrior

Post by Mekhet »

A unit of skinks breaking my CoK on my charge and catching them. During the same game, that same unit of skink devastating a unit 10 chaos knight. Lcuky man ...
New ed Druchii record: 3 Wins / 1 Draw / 0 lost / 2 wins given by the Dice Gods
Total game played and recorded 6.
Melikai the wicked
Black Guard

Post by Melikai the wicked »

A goblin Rock lubba chucks a huge boulder at my swordmaster, my opponent whose guess was right on the money rolls the axuliery die and rolls 6 with and arrow pointing at the direction of my teclis whose was next to my swordmasters and the boulder lands right on top of him and ends up killin him out right. This was I think the 4th edition high elves.
Rebmonk
Shade

Post by Rebmonk »

40k: My hormagaunts finish off a squad of space marines and are starting at the barrel of a demolisher cannon. With their massacre move i move them 6 inches closer to the tank. He shoots at the gaunts, it scatters back 6 inches onto the tank, penatrating hit, and blows up.

So the question is: did the shell blow up in the tank or did the gaunts catch it and throw it back?
Burizan
Beastmaster

Post by Burizan »

Read my sig. They all happened.

The most amazing was when my supreme sorceress rolled 6 to hit, 6 to wound on bloodthirster with one wound left, who proceeded to get 2 for his armour save and 3 for his ward save. Since this occasion I have considered kitting her out with hydra blade or something just for lawls.
Creedence
Dark Rider

Post by Creedence »

More of a memorable living then a memorable death but I had a DE sorceress catch 2 cannon balls in one game. Each time my opponent rolled a 1 to wound.
Lord Admiral, Creedence Vendral, Commander of the Black Arc Murderous Pride.
Bad beast
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Bad beast »

best one i've had was in a game of Mordhiem, my Auger shoots at long range after moving, at a target behind cover

hitting on 7, 5, reroll with her ability, 6 followed by 4, attack hits
wounding on 5, wounds
wound chart, 2, knocks down
target is on the edge of a third floor building, I check to see if he falls, failed
target falls 1 story, S2 hit, wounding on 6, wounds
injury table, 6

we weren't sure whether or not the Auger gets credit for that kill for experience
Fr0 wrote: The evil Dr. Henry McCoy as usual, has a firm grasp on the rule.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Shadowblade gets discovered in a unit of tzeentch chosen with tzeentch champion.
In two rounds of combat he wins and pursues them, killing them on the way and hitting tzeentch champion on disk, killing him and without breaking speed ending up in tzeentch dragon lord, slaughtering the rider and chasing the dragon off the table.

We know why Shadowblade only has 4 attacks now ;)
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Kiatra
Trainee Warrior

Post by Kiatra »

I've had a unti of CoK go from spitwad skinks in their backsides.. "Does this swamp have a mosquito problem?' "I don't know but I'm more woosey now than when I put my slime on this morning...". 1 of my last forays as an asur general, prince w/ AotG/Sm honours and 5 remaing SM charge TK chariot unit to make a last ditch effort for a draw.. out of 12 attacks, only the prince hits 3 times, only needs 2+ to blow up a chariot per whack, hits the railings from to much sand in his eyes, proceeds to have the skeletal horses stomp him into the ground surving all the crew attacks.. for 40k incidents, which would be more comical, the archite that walks through a 2k world eaters army on her own to OD among the havoks or the wych squad blowing up a wave serpent in a literally suicidal charge, taking out 8 of 10 squad members but the banshees inside survive with some smoke darkened armor...
Skaris
Dark Rider

Post by Skaris »

Using my empire against chaos. My warrior priest in metioric iron armour (1+ sv) in in a unit of spear me and get charged by a unit of chaos hounds. They beat them off but I get unlucky and the priest takes a wound from the hounds. Unlucky I think, lets get on to hitting things. Next turn the unit gets sharged by a unit of chaos knights and the priest accepts the challenge off the champion and ends up getting beaten to death by his mount before he gets to attack.
Duffman327
Executioner

Post by Duffman327 »

back in 5th ed i was getting my bum handed to me by an undead player. VC's. i had one unit of spears left on the table which he chose to charge with his unit of grave guard with his general Vamp in it. out pops my assassin with the frost blade. I win!

the greatest death i had was a chaos lord on chariot vs Goblins. after decimating a few units of gobos i decided one more couldnt hurt. i managed to break them and they ran into a forest. fair enough. knowing that chariots dont like terrain i decided that i should test to restrain, uh oh!!! looks like the chariot want to go home (being made of timber at the time) and was forced into the forest. the chariot exploded and the character took 3 str 5 hits as he fell out. i thought that i would probably survive. the odds were in my favour greatly. but the dice weren't.
I am the Silent Wind of Doom... Whoosh!
Entreri bloodletter
Assassin

Post by Entreri bloodletter »

Funniest moment for me was as Orcs and Goblins, my giant had engaged a Saurus block and was slowly wittling the unit down but had taken about 3-4 wounds. His nike saurus with great weapon snuck up on me and was ready to take me out next turn.

The giant seeing his predicament picks up the unit champion, throws him in a random direction straight at the nike saurus and manages to kill both! This guy should have been in the NFL!
Bounce
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Bounce »

Best moment I have had I think is Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur charges my unit of 10 Witches with Hag and Manbane.
I initially considered the unit lost but the Oldblood Failed to wound a single witch!.
The hag then turned around and dealt 2 wounds and won the combat. Unfortunately the Oldblood didn't flee though.

Also my last remaining models in 1 game were my Cold One Knight 'death star' unit with Lord, Bsb with Hydra banner getting charged by a Grail Knight Champion, a unit of Realm Knights with Lord and BSB, a unit of Knights Errant and a unit of Peg Knights. Amazingly I killed 3 Knights including the Grail Champion and didn't lose a single Cold One Knight.

Only lost by 1(They had flank, rear, outnumber to 3 kills) but sadly the Cold Knights fled but it was better than anything i could have hoped for.
"I will embrace death without regret as I embrace life without fear"
ImageImageImage
Cman
Trainee Warrior

Post by Cman »

Back when I played O&G my bolt thrower was charged by a Wood Elf Noble on horse kitted out with all kinds of stuff. My three goblins than won the combat 1 wound + hill and in the next round of combat finished off the noble. Even though he caused fear to goblins and was initiative 7
Kids in the back of cars don't cause accidents.
Accidents in the back of cars cause kids.
Greynightmare
Warrior

Post by Greynightmare »

Funniest moment for me, was a Lizardman Old-Blood on a Carnosaur charging a unit of five shades with GW, he had 8 attacks at S5 which he never got to use as I revealed an assassin with ROK, AH and Manbane, dead first round, after rolling "wimper..." on the MR table the carnosaur then caused a single casulty (shade) and then retaliation by the remaining 4 shades took it down to 2 wounds, and my assassin finished it off next turn!

:)
Currently... On Campaign please leave your message after the tone and my cold one will get back to you... RAWR!!!
Lexy
Assassin

Post by Lexy »

hordes of chaos battle against dwarves

an exalted daemon of khorne and a unit khorne knights fight against hammers
The hammerers win and the knights flee, the daemon doesn't take any wounds.
3 rounds of combat later the daemon is still standing there occasionally killing some hammerers and still losing, without any loss of wounds.
Then a knights unit with BSB rear charged the hammerers and my fled general returns to combat.
the hammerers lose but keep on standing.
a unit of longbeards charges the flank of the general and lose their BSB in the challenge coming out of that.
The dwarves all lose and got overrun.

Now that was a funny death, as my daemon seemed stubborn on Ld5 and kept on rolling that.

A friend of mine uses a treeman ancient with annoyance.
The only problem is that that stubborn tree seems to be overrun more then anything.
Never know what to do next, you might surprise yourself
Aspiring executioner
Assassin
Location: Raiding Lustria for more cake...(Newcastle, Australia)

Post by Aspiring executioner »

Funniest moment for me is when an Oldblood on Carnosaur charges my unit of 15 Skeleton Warriors (VC) only kills two, I do 3 wounds to the Carnosaur and win combat by about 3-4. The Oldblood rolls triple 1's to flee and my Steroid Skeletons rolled 9 to pursue killing a 450 point model with only about 160 points.

40k: Game against Khorne orientated Black Legion against my Ultramarines. Abaddon wiped out every squad he came across losing 3 wounds while my Land Raider Crusader with 5 Assault Terminators and Chaplain demolished every thing they touched as well. Eventually Abaddon is by himself and stares down the barrels of a twin-linked Assault Cannon on my Crusader. He got ripped apart from it while my Terminators remained untouchable for the rest of the game clearing out squad after squad.
Dark Elf Tally using the 6th Ed. list
W: 11 D: 2 L: 8
Dark Elf Tally using the 7th Ed. List
W: 24 D: 2 L: 6
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

The funniest situation in my time of playing warhammer was this:

We played a game of Dark Elves and Orcs against Brettonians and High elves. One of my chariots with a noble on it charges a unit of Knights of the realm in the flank. I end up losing combat by one, confidently roll on my LD8 and... roll a ten. Chariot flees.
On the oh so glorious flight the chariots takes down a golbin shaman who happened to be standing in the way (7 impact hits, all wound... I don't want to know what the shaman looked like afterwards), keeps fleeing the turn after and takes down a unit of wolf riders. The glorious finish of the chariot's run was that it smashed headlong into a house.. BANG... end of story.

HUZZAH!
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
Bassman76
Highborn

Post by Bassman76 »

Yesterday night I was playing with my Chaos Dwarfs against Vampire counts.
He placed his combat Vampire hero on hellsteed in front of my hobgoblins. He did not noticed my hobgoblin hero :twisted:

Next turn I charged with my hobgoblins, he started to laught for the upcoming harvest of hobgoblins when I declared challenge with my hero.
He was tooled up with Great weapon and gauntlets of Bazhrakk the cruel for 3 juicy S7 attacks, I rolled two hits and two wounds and he was.... dead :twisted: 68 points of rubbish killed an almost 200 points Vampire. Hobgoblins rock!!!
when you go down, go down fighting!!

if you hang around Milan:

www.milantour.net

Special cultural events in Milan? Pretige locations for your company?

www.milanoarte.net
Sith
Shade

Post by Sith »

Death: My general fleeing off the table in turn 1 due to Ork shooting at long range that wiped out nearby unit.

"Funniest" - my last game against the dwarfs when my COK and COC both went stupid at the same time for 4/6 turns.. What are the chances??

Greatest victory invovled magic in last turn.. there was a huge goblin unit about to charge my level 2 sorc, 2PD left and I had rolled Black Horror and Chill wind for her.
I took the chance and rolled for Black Horror..dice showed 5 and 6.. with the +1 roll in 6th, she got the spell off after dispell was failed. Lots of goblins died, panic caused them to flee and the table quarter was mine
This is serious work we do…