Funniest/most unreasonable deaths and kills

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Dragon9
Assassin

Re: Funniest/most unreasonable deaths and kills

Post by Dragon9 »

Had to throw these two in... they're from a long time ago, back in 6th edition, but they're worth mentioning.

1. I was playing a friend of mine who played Dwarves. He ran a list that packed in as many war machines as he could. Not only that, but he took the runes that allowed him to reroll misfires and on the misfire chart on all the ones he could take them on. He had them all... cannons, stone throwers, organ guns, flame belchers, etc. It was his first or second turn and he got tot he shooting phase. We sat there in awe as every. single. war machine. blew up in succession. Even with the rerolls. He'd roll a misfire. Reroll a misfire. Roll a 1 on the table, reroll a 1. Etc. Until every single war machine blew sky high. I was taking a stats class at the time and we calculated the odds to be a 1:1.5 Million chance or somethign like that, to roll a "1" that many times. I will likely never see that again. After that it was just a matter of mopping up the troops.

2. I was playing against WoC and some Chaos Knights got into my back line where my lvl 4 Sorceress was running around. He charged her and completely whiffed. Next turn he whiffed again and the sorceress, with her tiny little dagger, killed a knight. They lost combat (only 1 rank and no SB) and broke, and I'll be damned if that Sorceress didn't run them down while fleeing. And here I thought I was goign to lose her. :)
"The dark elves have everything cool. They are pirate blood cultist ninjas riding dinosaurs and flinging magic. They're metal. They're the most metal race out there, rivaled only by Warriors of Chaos. They bring a cauldron of boiling blood onto the battlefield. You don't get much more metal than that." -- Mostlyharmless on Warseer

My Blog: A Small World - My Life in Miniatures

Image Image
Noble korhedron
Empire General

Post by Noble korhedron »

Dragon9 wrote:Had to throw these two in... they're from a long time ago, back in 6th edition, but they're worth mentioning.

1. I was playing a friend of mine who played Dwarves. He ran a list that packed in as many war machines as he could. Not only that, but he took the runes that allowed him to reroll misfires and on the misfire chart on all the ones he could take them on. He had them all... cannons, stone throwers, organ guns, flame belchers, etc. It was his first or second turn and he got tot he shooting phase. We sat there in awe as every. single. war machine. blew up in succession. Even with the rerolls. He'd roll a misfire. Reroll a misfire. Roll a 1 on the table, reroll a 1. Etc. Until every single war machine blew sky high. I was taking a stats class at the time and we calculated the odds to be a 1:1.5 Million chance or somethign like that, to roll a "1" that many times. I will likely never see that again. After that it was just a matter of mopping up the troops.

2. I was playing against WoC and some Chaos Knights got into my back line where my lvl 4 Sorceress was running around. He charged her and completely whiffed. Next turn he whiffed again and the sorceress, with her tiny little dagger, killed a knight. They lost combat (only 1 rank and no SB) and broke, and I'll be damned if that Sorceress didn't run them down while fleeing. And here I thought I was goign to lose her. :)
Must be the jammiest High Sorceress in the history of Naggaroth!!
Regards,

NK.

http://ulthuan.net/forum
http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/index.php
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php
http://www.bartertown.com/trading/index.php

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.
strategem
Cold One Knight

Post by strategem »

sort of in line with this topic:

best snake eyes ever for winds :)
I rolled snake eyes for winds of magic and then channelled 2 more PD. So I cast small purple sun (lvl4) with all 4 of my dice straight threw my opponents gutstar. I then went on to generate another 12 PD from the law attribute, while he still only had his 1 DD. the rest of the magic phase I ended up casting, searing doom (lvl2), ruby ring (lvl2), PoD (lvl2), so back up to 12 PD again while my opponent still had his 1. Next was final trans (lvl2), PoD (lvl4) so back up to 12 PD again. doom and darkness (lvl4), spirit leach (lvl4) and lastly the caress of laniph. with both the last 2 spells generating more PD. (every spell went off without any IF)

At the end of my magic phase I discarded 8 PD cause I ran out of spells and my opponent was still holding onto his 1 DD, and all this without sac dag.
HERO
Cold One Knight

Post by HERO »

Early 7th Ed. Top16 Colonial GT ages ago

T1 start:
Teclis in a unit of White Lions
Throws dice and miscasts, ignores, whatever.
Throws another spell, miscasts, and I cascade
Kill half my unit of White Lions and Teclis goes visit Tzeentch
Panic test, fails panic, re-roll BSB, fail that
Roll a 12 to run off the board.

Amazing experience.
General Kael
Shade

Post by General Kael »

I think my best kill would have been back in 5th edition? I had a sorcerer lord in my opponents back field near the end of a game when she got charged by a Lord of change :shock:

My opponent had confidently brought his other troops close to watch the imminent defeat of my sorcerer.
And what do you think happened? Well she got splatterd :killed:
But that's when I revealed she had the Heart of woe. It was a sight to see, she went off like an atomic bomb. The Lord of change went down, and the last sound nearby unit of chaos knights heard was me laughing maniacally. !lol!

And my worst death was against a Beastmen army in 8th a while ago. It was the only time I ever used the pendant on a combat lord.

And boy did he have a good target. Across the board from him was a unit of minotaurs with the biggest baddest doombull you had ever seen. So my lord jumped in a unit of spearmen for steadfast and waited for the charge. He challenged and I accepted. Then he cast savage beast of horros giving him something like strength 9 and 9 attacks, but I though no problem I got this.

He rolled to hit then to wound, and I needed to make 4 pendant saves. I proceeded to roll 4 ones, and my dreadlord was a deadlord.
And to add insult to injury he rolled for his stomp (rules mistake) and wounded and I rolled another 1. :badh:

Surprisingly the spearmen with a 5++ cauldron buff lasted several rounds with the minotaurs . Go figure.
Haagrum
PhD in Dark Magic

Post by Haagrum »

In the course of one battle...

Supreme Sorceress on Pegasus with Pendant of Khaeleth gets 11 shots aimed at her by Wood Elves while at long range and in hard cover. On turn 1, before I've had a chance to do anything with my sole caster, she dies without passing a single save. Odds were something in the order of 40% to do just a single Wound.

Compounding this setback, my 10 Knights charge his Wild Riders unit (6 models) on turn 2 and proceed to kill all but one model... who passes his Break test. I get one turn's reprieve as his Treeman fails a charge, but somehow manage to fail to kill the last Wild Rider for two more turns and get combo-charged by his Eagle-riding BSB and the Treeman.

Meanwhile, on the other flank, my Hydra manages to whiff against Dryads until I use the breath weapon, breaks them but fails to catch them, and is promptly shot to death by another 10 archers firing through soft cover. Game did not end well for the Dark Elves.

However, I've been lucky as well... In a later tournament, I charged a Great Unclean One with 10 Witch Elves armed with the Flame Banner. After poison and rerolls, I land 7 Wounds in total. My opponent rolls no 5s or 6s, and his general disappears off the table while my Witches overrun into the Beasts unit in combat with my Warriors, and proceed to butcher them as well. In the following turn, my opponent rolls the Slaanesh result for Reign of Chaos - and loses his Skullcannon to it.
"The wrath of a good man is not to be feared. They have too many rules."

"Good men don't need rules. Today is not a good time to find out why I have so many."
Gerner
Noble

Post by Gerner »

The most unbelievable death I have had was on my Wood Elf Spellweaver General.
She was mounted on a Elven steed, had a 3+ ward save against anything but magical attacks and was placed in a unit of Glade Riders.

I vanguarded her unit with her forward. My opponent, an Orc & Goblin player gets to go first and start by moving must of his units forward. His Arachnarok Spider doesn't march so it can shoot with the web-flinger. After a non-intresting magic phase, the web-flinger shoots after my General. He makes a hit, and doesn't misfire.
Then I fail the 2+ Look Out Sir, then the 6+ armour save fail and then the 3+ ward save. He wounds me on 4+ (it has s3) and rolls 5 on the multiple wounds d3 dice!
It was first turn, I had vanguarded and nothing else. We just stood there and looked stunned at the dices.
Later we calculated it to about 0,002 % chance of happening - quite insane!

Atleast I know it won't happen again. :)
Dragon9
Assassin

Post by Dragon9 »

Gerner wrote:Atleast I know it won't happen again. :)

You just jinxed yourself. ;)
"The dark elves have everything cool. They are pirate blood cultist ninjas riding dinosaurs and flinging magic. They're metal. They're the most metal race out there, rivaled only by Warriors of Chaos. They bring a cauldron of boiling blood onto the battlefield. You don't get much more metal than that." -- Mostlyharmless on Warseer

Image Image
Artfactial
Warrior

Post by Artfactial »

A few games ago my unit of 11 Repeater crossbowmen got charged by an Orc boar Chariot the initial impact hits did a huge number on the unit and by the end of the 3rd round only the champion was left, while the chariot had a single wound left. The champion manages to get through the toughness and armor save and kill the damn chariot!
Afterward I placed her in a nearby tower to take pod-shots at passerby’s.
A unit Orc Boar riders plan to charge into my Reaper Bolttthrower which had been left defenseless now.
All of the piggies got killed by a volley fire of the reaper safe for their champion who ran away in terror.
The Repeater crossbow champion takes her pod-shot…and kills the lone Boar rider!

She has worn a severed boar tusk on her belt ever since.
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=A ... 813tM8&v=3
Dragon9
Assassin

Post by Dragon9 »

Was just reminded of my Dwarf playign firend. One game he ran a giant block of Ironbreakers. It was 35 or so models. Which back in 6th edition was huge. You usually didn't see such large blocks back then. Or at least I didn't. I charged it with a unit of 10 Witch Elves and of the 5 in the front line (no supporting attacks back then) I killed about 10 Ironbreakers amazingly. Really bad armor rolls on his part. And, being 6th edition, the only person he could fight back with was his unit champ (man, I miss those days) who failed to kill a WE. They broke and ran and I ran them down. Huge point sink of a unit gone *snap fingers* just like that.

Image Image
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

Dragon9 wrote: ...being 6th edition, the only person he could fight back with was his unit champ (man, I miss those days) who failed to kill a WE. They broke and ran and I ran them down. Huge point sink of a unit gone *snap fingers* just like that.

I'm not going to lie, but I am beyond happy that rule is gone.... it's certainly one of the top reason's I lost interest in playing the game. (I was playing O&G at the time).

Guess that's a good a segue as any into mine (as best as I can remember it at any rate):
I was running a large unit of BO (25), two units of Orc Boys on either side, and two units of 20 Gobbo's on each flank from there. A unit of squigs & chariot to the far left and two giants on the far right. Turn two the BG had a unit of 10 Dragon Ogres completely destroy them, which in turn scared the two units of Boy's off, which then cascaded onto one unit of Gobbo's. By my turn (2) I only had the giants, squigs and boar chariot left on the table. That was the final straw for those O&G. I purchased the DE army box set a month later & didn’t play another game till mid way through 8th.
Last edited by xFallenx on Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0
Noble korhedron
Empire General

@xFallenx: Call this a dumb Q., but what are BG? Since you're running an Orc army, it clearly can't be Black Guard.
Regards,

NK.

xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

Ooops, not a dumb question, just my mind in two places at once. Black Orc's(fix'd). They may have even included Grimgore as I usually built around him.
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

Had my Manticore killed by Gnoblar shrapnel at a tournament. Then again, in a fun game at home after telling my friend what happened.
Canadianguy
Dark Rider

Post by Canadianguy »

Last edition I had a unit of 10 rxbs survive 3 rounds of combat vs 20 chaos warriors. Biggest whiff feast I have ever seen. Finaly got my frenzied corsairs in one flank and hydra on the other in the final turn. I then watched in horror as the dice gods made up for all of his previous whiffs. The warriors pretty much hit and wounded on ever attack and i did 4 wounds with the hydra and nothing with the corsairs, the rxbs were red mist. He won and i failed both leadship tests so both units were fleeing at the end of the game! In the 4 rounds of combat I killed 6 chaos warriors. It was a big roller coaster ride of highs and lows.
Trosfuktaren
Warrior

Post by Trosfuktaren »

1000p against OnG.

-roll first turn
-4 pd magic phase
-cast pit of shades
-miscast
-template hits one orc after scatter
-orc passes
-cascade
-sorc dies with 8 corsairs
-panic
-flee off the table
-640p left
Amanthus the exile - sorcerrer
Stats: WS2 S3 T5 D3 I5
Equipment: Staff, High elf staff, short sword
Skills: Power of Ghyran (1), alchemy
Datalink7
Noble

Post by Datalink7 »

I killed a that dragon from Transformation beasts spell with a gnoblar riding a scrap launcher. This is the one with T7 and a 1+ armor. It was only at 1 wound left, but still pretty epic.

The other day I saw a Daemon Prince of Nurgle with two wounds left die to 12 sisters with their flaming arrows. Yes, he had dragonbane gem. So essentially a 2+ rerollable after needing to hit and then wound on a 5+. Not sure what the odds are on that but not good I'm sure.
Ashes and Diamons,
Foe and Friend,
We are all equal,
In the End.
kunimitsu
Corsair

Post by kunimitsu »

Playing my ogre army my unit of 10 gnoblars held up a WOC gorebeast chariot for 4 turns and causing 3 wounds. Definitely was awarded MVP
Ehakir
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ehakir »

In 7th, I had placed my Lvl 1 sorceress on her own facing a High Elf army with Mage Lord on Dragon. I placed her so that she could see the enemy lines and pretended to be worried about his knights charging in, 'forgetting' about the Dragon.

My enemy then proceeded to charge his dragon into my puny lvl 1 mage. In the following magic phase, I used up the dispel scroll she had. Then was the moment for combat. His lvl 4 hit my mage, I took a wound. I declared to use the web of shadows, and shot the hell out of his 4++ Mage Lord.
From that point on, the Dragon finished the job, but hell, that was a very good trade for me !lol! I never thought I would be able to use the WoS that efficiently...
"Ceterum censeo Ulthuan esse delendam"
-Ehakir

3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win.
Ampao
Assassin

Post by Ampao »

Its always the horse that kills the damn dragon.

Based on more than one occurrence.
Noble korhedron
Empire General

@Ehakir: What's this "4++" about?!
Regards,

NK.

Gerner
Noble

Post by Gerner »

Noble korhedron wrote:@Ehakir: What's this "4++" about?!

4++ is a 4+ ward save. In the same way 5++ is a 5+ ward save. :)
Marxesperat
Warrior

Post by Marxesperat »

40k about 2 editions ago, Space marine chaplain with jump pack charged a unit of 5 (left) fire warriors, going first, 2's to hit and 3's to wound with no armour saves going first, only 4 attacks though, Kills only 1 remaining 4 proceed to beat him down with all their martial might.
stuaker
Warrior

Post by stuaker »

Played a small friendly game with my gf today, her using my druchii and me using my lizardmen. Once i lost my wizard everything went downhill, and i ended up with just one cold one knight in combat with a unit of 7 darkshards. He held, and they spent a couple of phases with him occassionally causing a wound and they continually failing to harm him. He eventually succumbed to a rear and flqnk charge by a master on a cold one and a unit of spears... But survived a phase with all of them too!
Started Warhammer with Dark Elves in 2002, stopped playing in 2005. Came back in 2013.
Other armies; Tyranids, Lizardmen
Main opponents: Slaanesh Daemons, Tomb Kings, Savage Orcs.
Anyone in New Zealand for games and trades?
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

Tought a friend to play about a month ago, and let him use my hydra with breath attack. 2D6 breath attacks+8 regular attacks+D6 stomp= lots of dead elves in a 40 man unit in one turn. Seriously, he killed half the unit and they hardly scratched it.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra