Funniest/most unreasonable deaths and kills

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Loki7045
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Loki7045 »

My funniest bits playing warhammer have all involved my 100% night goblin army ,

The top one has to be passing my terror check with a unit of 20 night goblins (with fanatics) when being charged by a greater deamon of slaanesh and then killing it with the 3 fanatics by rolling 2 6’s and 5 for hits. Deamon go pop. :twisted:

My unit of 20 night goblins (with no fanatics) was charged by a giant, giant rolled pick up and …., my little goblin was not happy so stabbed him in the hand and caused a wound, giant lost combat by 1 wound 3 ranks, standard and out number, giant rolled for his stubborn leadership an failed and was run down and killed by 20 night goblins.

And finally fielding a unit of 200 goblins with Skarsnick, that is one big unit and then having green fire cast on them every magic phase, :shock: we used every dice in the store to roll for the attacks a very fun game.
Lonewandererd
Cold One Knight

Post by Lonewandererd »

Not really a death but what they hey... :D

Spearmen charge a unit of chaos warriors. Only one wound is caused by the spearmen and no wounds are caused by the warriors so we win by one point. Warriors roll double six for break test and are caught while fleeing.

A nearby unit of maruaders, with an aspiring champoion, who see this also break and run off the table. This was way back when me and my friend were just starting out so that was literally all of his models gone from just one wound.

I will never let him forget it :twisted:
Forever alone,
Forever wandering.

W - 3
L - 4
D - 0
Emal
Executioner

Post by Emal »

about 6 months ago i had an dark elf assassin that killed Archaon in single combat (thank you killing blow) only to be kicked to death himself by that daemon steed of his.
For the druchii
Lac.desariel
Executioner

Post by Lac.desariel »

I had hammerers take a front charge from Orc warboss on wyvern, Flank chareg from Goblin Wolf riders, Trolls on the other side, and Orc boar boys in the rear, The hammerers held then gained help from a unit of long beards only to see the war boss and wyvern die, wolf riders die trolls ran down by long beard and the board boys run down by hammerers, and my opponent asking how did that happen i got no army left.
Sedro
Beastmaster
Location: sieging Ulthuan...alone when not in gothenburg Sweden

Post by Sedro »

I had some harpies that killed 20 orc boyz :D I think they were big unz even last year and that was very very funny :D
Lexy
Assassin

Post by Lexy »

Oo a classic one, I can tell at every birthday party ( well, not really, but you know what I mean)

Skaven against dark elves.
Skaven start:
movement: yadda yadda
magic: yadda yadda, not too many wounds.
shooting: yadda yadda, screaming bell rolls 3 3's, puts a dent in his battle line ( actually he lost his center) and loses his general.
Never know what to do next, you might surprise yourself
Commander qupie
Shade

Post by Commander qupie »

about 2 weeks ago my 6 knight cold one unit was charged by a big (9) knight of realm unit (stupid) His lord chalanges and my champion accepts. 2 secons later I told my opponent I had the banner of hag greaf, and killed the lord with 2 crimson death attacks and the cold one (credits to hatred here) next my knights killed 3 other knights and won combat, brets didn't flee. next turn cold one's where charged by pegasus knights in the flank, killed one and a few KoR but then where overrun by the enemy. although this unit did quite well (and a am expecting to see alot of these comming up...)
Cananatra
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Cananatra »

My unit took a charge by a greater demon of slaanesh. After 2 turns all that was laft was my lvl2 on one wound and the greater demon on one wound. I tried to cast word of pain just to keep him stuck and miscast. Rolled that S10 hit. Rolled a 1 for me, my lvl2 survives. Greater demon is wounded failed its ward and dies. My sorceress is left standing in a crater with a dead greater demon.
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance
Steve tu
Beastmaster

Post by Steve tu »

DE RBT crew getting charged by a nike saurus and killing him, only then to be charged by a Krox on one wound and finishing him off too! And that was 6th ed rules so no hatred.
Pops71408
Shade

Post by Pops71408 »

Have two though one isn't actually a death (it should have been)

My first one was TK(me) v. HE-My unit of 15 Tomb Guardcharged a lord on a dragon...stupid i know but i had nothing to lose and everything to gain. In two turns i was down to one model...he attacked and scored a killing blow on the lord and rolled a one on the old monster reaction chart...I won the game because of that

the second was TK(me) v HE again- my Catapult landed a shot right on top of his mage w/ one wound! Whoop a S10 hit!...a 1 to wound :(
Milney
Beastmaster

Post by Milney »

My one was recently against a Daemons of Chaos army.

Sorceress on Dark Steed was on the flank of a unit of Dark Riders. Thanks to some poor movement on my part, a unit of Seekers of Slaanesh, with Herald, hit the side of my unit (contact with the Sorceress).

I just throw out a challenge, and he was forced to accept with the Herald.

He fluff his attacks, leaving the Sorceress unharmed and only winning by one (flank). With the Sorceress not dead the US is equal so no auto-break and thanks to a Hydra BSB nearby my Sorceress held up the entire flank of the Daemon host until a Hydra could be found to muck into the combat.

I have to say I was impressed by the little Girl :D
"Give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!"

W : D : L (7th Edition)
6 : 1 : 4
Izirath
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Izirath »

Nice one milney.

A Night goblin put a wound on my Dragon, my opponent was mighty impressed by his little one. He immediately picked it up and pimped him.
Nagathi wrote:Fighting fair is for High Elves.
~ Nag
Shiningdarkness
Slave on the Altar

Post by Shiningdarkness »

I had an experience against the new high elves in which my 4 strong x-bow unit charged a dragon mage. Ballsy i know. I challenged the mage, he flubbed his only roll to which i caused 2 wounds in return, thus killing the mage. long story short dragon flies off the table thus eliminating about 20% of my opponents army. There was also an incredibly lucky situation on my part in which a treeman charged my unit of 15 spearelves flubbed his rolls and took 2 wounds in return. he fled and was run down by a 120 point meat shield unit
Tolkar of har ganeth
Dark Rider

Post by Tolkar of har ganeth »

At two sides of the board a cold one chariot of mine charges a unit of high elves and both of them break the unit they're fighting. Due to hatred, I will have to persue. With both of them rolling over 15'' for persuit.... Both of them into a forest a long way (About 15'') from where they were fighting....

My brother once had a goblin scroll caddy that killed my wood elf level 4 and two level 2's. In just three turns. One even killed in combat! I couldn't believe those dice rolls.
KILL!!!
Nurik0
Trainee Warrior

Post by Nurik0 »

Recently had a funny one during a tournament.

I was severely outnumbered against a night goblin army.
After I was done setting up, he placed 5 more units directly across from my master on chariot.
Turn one he moves everything forward on that side of the table.
This includes a unit of 30 night goblins with shaman, two chariots, a giant, spider riders and trolls.
During his magic phase the foot of gork pops my chariot.
The master on foot cant get away and doesnt want to be charged by the chariots so declares a charge on my turn vs the trolls.

Three turns later the spider riders run off the table and the trolls are run down. My little general on foot hightails it into my enemys deployment zone and hides in a forrest for the rest of the game.
Vicinity
Trainee Warrior

Post by Vicinity »

The kill I'm most proud of is when my unit of Executioners charged a unit of Iron Breakers with an ASF Dwarf Lord.

The Lord I think might have killed one of my guys, not sure it was a while back. Knowing how tough Dwarf Lords usually are I didn't think it was worth going after him hard so I directed most of my attacks against the Breakers, also to keep them from hitting back.

I did however, just for the heck of it, direct one attack against the Lord hoping for that 1/24 chance (4+ Ward Save). Sure enough, I got the Killing Blow and he failed his Ward Save. I won the CC by 1, he rolled 9, fled I caught him and pursued into 2 of his War Machines!

That 1 attack earned me about 1000 VP!! All with an 11 pt Executioner (6th Ed). Needless to say from day on that particular lord has ALWAYS had the Immune to KB rune, I wonder why...
HERO
Cold One Knight

Post by HERO »

Took Teclis as my Lord.

I start the game off with a Miscast. I get to ignore.

My next cast miscasts again and I roll double 1s on the Miscast table. Teclis goes to have tea with Tzeentch while managing to kill all 5 White Lions around him.

I take a Panic test on a 9. I fail on a 10.

My 475 point lord, my 300+ point unit of White Lions and my 145+ point Noble runs off the field because I placed them too far back with my RBTs.

:(
Last edited by HERO on Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Vicinity
Trainee Warrior

Post by Vicinity »

@ LKHERO: Just quick question, why did you get to re-roll the panic test? HE magic Standard? I haven't read their new book, just curious
HERO
Cold One Knight

Post by HERO »

Vicinity wrote:@ LKHERO: Just quick question, why did you get to re-roll the panic test? HE magic Standard? I haven't read their new book, just curious

I got 2 separate games mixed up. That game was with my Dwarves where I managed to fail a panic test re-roll (yes, which means I failed the first time) on my Warriors next to my Longbeards. They manage to run through my Dwarf Lord's unit of Hammerers and I failed my Panic test with a 11. They run 3" away from the board and stop. I thought I was OK until I rolled a 12 to rally them next turn. Good times.

There was another time I took a Prince and Star Dragon, used Gem of Courage and managed to roll 3 6s and flew off the table. Why couldn't I roll like that when I'm using my Assault Cannons (4th) in 40K?

I'm not a math wiz, but some of those figures are impossible on a day to day basis. I think those were the three worst times I ever had in Warhammer.
Matricide
Corsair

Post by Matricide »

LKHERO wrote:Took Teclis as my Lord.

I start the game off with a Miscast. I get to ignore.

My next cast miscasts again and I roll double 1s on the Miscast table. Teclis goes to have tea with Tzeentch while managing to kill all 5 White Lions around him.

Sorry, but... :lol:
That was the greatest ever.

I don't remember any special moments.. though there's a battle that'll always keep a place in my heart.

My opponent whined all the time about the game being imbalanced, because he though the 6th DE were too STRONG. I of course thought it ridiculous, and just to make sure he'd win I decided we'd try out an extreme scenario.

I played the scenario from the 6th rulebook where a number of heroes defend against an entire army. We decided it would simply end when all of my heroes were dead, deciding who won after VP and how many turns they survived.

As far as I remember I had six heroes and one lord. I used no manticores or dragons, and hardly (if at all) went over 1000 pts. while my opponent had 2000 pts. of Empire troops fielded with normal rules.

How it ended? I slew his entire army. How much damage I took? One wound. :twisted:
Haf
Dark Rider

Post by Haf »

I played against chaos.

I moved 10 rxbs into the building. Magic phase: miscast with general. 1 1. She died. Hmmm...this was the worst thing what happend!
Next turn: rxbs are charged by unit of beastmen, i lost it 1 point, so i was make to run. They rolled 6 6 for fleeing. So..they fled through 25 spearmen. Panic. 5 6. Damned! Chariot. 5 5. Wtf?! Okay. they needed to run a small range. Now, rally! 6 6. Uhm. 6 6. Eh? 5 5. Okay, 80% army disappeared in 2nd turn.

A tournament against skaven:

First turn of skaven: he charged my dr by frenzy, i fled, again 6 6 5 inches. Right through both infantry, one rbt and chariot.
My general unit fled. Second block of spearmen too. Chariot went through them and did 6 deaths. Rbt crew fled from the table.
My second turn: i rallied all.
My third turn: my dr again fled about 5 5 6 inches. It was more than it could be. Spearmen-panic! Second unit-panic! Chariot-panic!.
Fourth turn: i rallied it. Skavens units stand in front of me. I was surrended all around and than massacreted.
Malcom
Warrior

Post by Malcom »

Two of my chariots and a unit of knights charge straight threw a unit of Empire swordsmen. They ended in a straight line across from a cannon. needless to say that my chariots made great matchsticks and the knights barley remained on the table.
Do onto others, Before they can Do onto You....
Desert icon
Assassin

Post by Desert icon »

Hey guys, been lurking around the shadows of this site for a few months now, and I felt the irresistible urge to post here. The light! It burns!

Back on topic...

A big (20) unit of Dragon Princes with full command, noble BSB on steed, and a second noble fitted with all sorts of goodies charge a shot-up unit of gnoblars with champion. Things aren't looking too healthy, so I decide to go for broke and challenge with my champion, which he gladly accepts with his killy noble.

The rest of his unit kills all the other gnoblars. Killy noble misses all attacks along with his horse, gnoblar champion hits twice, wounds twice, and the noble fails twice. Gnoblars break (no-brainer) and roll 11" to run, Dragon Princes roll 4" pursuit. By this time my friend (Helf player) is furious, so he proceeds to target everything he has over the next few turns on that 1 gnoblar, who runs through the barrage and behind my Tyrant, who charges the Dragon princes and (after taking 4 wounds to the Irongut bodyguards) proceeds to mutilate the Princes.

Needless to say, that model has a special place in my heart.
Kiatra
Trainee Warrior

Post by Kiatra »

I forgot this 1 1st posting... 2nd turn of asur vs. asrai, a druchii's favorite spectator moment ;) forest dragon comes flying up the flank, 6in in from the edge. I take a hail mary RBT volley shot, shoots the lord off witha bit of overkill opponent rolls bad for reaction "holy farklesnot, that could have been ME getting unlicensed acupuncture..." spend the rest of the game archers playing lawn darts with his glade guard :lol:
Ehakir
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ehakir »

- CoK being charged by a treeman in the flank. They must hold (Banner of Nagarythe), the treeman fluffs his attacks, gets a wound, gets overrun.

- (Old VC) DE Dragonlord gets to the flank of the enemy army, VC summon some skeletons, charge the dragon in the flank, win the combat with 1 (DE Dragonlord + Dragon fluffed attacks), I fail the break test, and flee from the table.

The same battle I charge with my WE his necrobunker (4 necromancers), kill some guys, get charged in the flank by a Black Coach. The hag holds ground and rolls snake eyes. Next turn, with 3 attacks she hits the Coach 3 times, wounds 3 times, no armour save, no ward save (Bless magical manbane!)

- Lvl 4 Dragonmage (HE) gets to my battleline. My lvl 1 Scroll caddy uses steed of shadows to charge, uses Web of Shadows on the mage, and plop, it is gone.
"Ceterum censeo Ulthuan esse delendam"
-Ehakir

3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win.