Funniest/most unreasonable deaths and kills

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Alongcamefred
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Alongcamefred »

I'm facing 2K my mates highelves complete with star dragon. So it's my first magic phase and the star dragon has moved up and is readying itself to charge me next turn. So out of fright I go for the old pit of shades with all the power dice she has left. Luckily I get it off and then by some wierd luck he passes the dragons iniative test and fails the lords. The dragon then gets ahnilated by my RBT's and RXB's in the shooting phase.
Diederikiii
Shade

Post by Diederikiii »

Ok 2K fight, goblin mage has a spell that if I fail my initative my general would die.
I already was throwing bad dice's.
He gets of the spell but come on D6 a any roll but 6.
So I let him do it I roll the D6 with full convidence and what do I roll yes the 6.
Zap no more general.

other 2K game,

Blackguard(14,7wide)VS Swordmasters(25, 5wide) Vs harpies (7 In the flank).

I had the ASF banner +1 attack from the CoB.
So swordmaster just kill 2 harpies :lol: 1 harpie kicks back and WTH the harpie kils a swordmaster :shock: :lol: .
Then my lovly black guard kicks as only missed 1 hit :shock: and Killed 17 swordmasters so 18 in total you should have seen his face hahahaha
so his champ fights back and kill one guard :( .
I failed to over run 1 icnh to short wtih the harpeies 5 Inch :x .

my CoB itself gets tangeld in the flank of 15 shadow warriors and a lord Who are in front with some other harpies(7).
Harpies get double killed :? 3 schodow warriors get to kill one hag :( it was just 1 wound wich I had to save, but no.
then I attacked and hmm 2 shadow warriors remain and the lord :lol: .
next round they get 1 wound on the death hag, I kill the shadow warriors and do 1 wound upon the lord.
next round only the death hag and the lord remains with both 1 wound .
but then dragon princes and I got owend.
Daicon
Corsair

Post by Daicon »

In one of my first games with the new Daemons of chaos an Ogre slave giant managed to pick up a bloodletter champion and make the poor Daemon bis bride by tossing it down his pants. Losing the ensuing combat, the newlywed giant runs off, bride still in pants, and manages to avoid the angered daemonic unit for the remainder of the game.
Commander qupie
Shade

Post by Commander qupie »

first time playing with the new rules:

my High sorseress with dagger casts her first spell of the battle, power of darkness on one dice, it is a 1. I use the dagger for an extra dice, another one. I roll for the miscast table: 1,1 This must be the baddest luck ever... my whole magic (550 pts) was useless now, as my lvl 2 isn't good enough against 2 scroll caddie brets.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

playing 2000 points of ogres against 1000 points of Goblins and getting massacred!

5 wolf riders ran down the ironguts unit with tyrant and butcher inside. 20 goblins saw off 6 blls and 4 ledbelchers in one game, his goblins archery destroyed gnoblars. His fanatics even killed a lot of his own gobbos and he still beat me, and i had double the size!
Nightblade183
Assassin

Post by Nightblade183 »

First game ever I played Dark Elves vs Empire. My unit of 20 spearmen is charge by 10 Knights Panther and 20 Men at arms at the same time. Long story short I won combat and both units broke, I ran down the Men at arms. The knights flee took them off the table passing a unit of handgunners. The handgunners panic and flee as well but don't quite make it off the table. My opponent rallied them next turn and the game was a draw. Had they continued fleeing I would've won.
...__i___
...))))) r
.\OOOOO/
~~~~~~~~~
We can't possibly be the only people on this forum who love plundering and pillaging can we? Come join the Brotherhood of The Coast, and raid til your heart's content.

Beeing ilitterit makes dis forem stewpid

8th Edition Game Tally
W/L/D
2/1/1
Bounce
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Bounce »

Best result ever would have to be 5 Dark Ridersrun in front of the HE Dragon Princes and send off a volley. Hitting on 5's. I get 5 hits. Wounding on 4's I get 2 wounds. He rolls his 2+ armour save double 1's! The Dragon Princes then fail their panic test and flee off the board!
"I will embrace death without regret as I embrace life without fear"
ImageImageImage
T12161991
Trainee Warrior

Post by T12161991 »

Oh man do I have a lot of these!

Wood Elves
My 2 units of 5 wardancers both charge a 20 strong unit of zombies. I choose +1 attack, and procceed to roll 21 "1"s and 18 "2"s and 1 "6". The zombies do one wound, win combat I roll double sixes for flee, they do their 4d6 s2 hits and roll 4 6's then 20 more 6's. 200 points killed by 40.
My Grey Knight termies charge a unit of Tau fire warriors. I miss with all my attacks, he on the other hand, hits and wounds with all of them. I'm figuring oh well they still have a 2+ AS right? 4 "1"s and a 6.
My regular inquisitor (for kicks) charges a Bloodthirster with 3 wounds left. He has 5 attacks and goes first. Hits all 5 times, wounds all 5 times and I save with my 5+ invul save all 5 times. I with my 3 attacks (with just a cc weapon) hit 3 times wound 3 times, he fails his 3+ armor save three times!
Casual malevolence
Dark Rider

Post by Casual malevolence »

5th edition, late 1997 or early 1998, I believe. I was still building my first army (greenskins), and to get my feet wet I was playing some small games w/ a partner against some of the other guys at our local comic shop.

Keep in mind the rules on panic testing when the general dies were different back then. I don't quite remember how, but I remember they were different.

I have 1,000 pts of Wood Elves, w/ a 7-strong unit of Waywatchers. My team gets the first turn, and the opening volley from the Waywatchers kills the Dark Elf general on a dragon. Dragon fails it's test and high tails it. HALF HIS ARMY failed their ld tests and fled off the field before he had moved a single unit, cast a single spell (using winds of magic cards, anyone remember those?), or shot a single arrow.
I'm afraid my mask of sanity is about to slip.
Lotho
Slave on the Altar

Post by Lotho »

Haha, some awesome stories here. I enjoyed the ogre giant running off with his bride down his pants.

A fight I expected to lose...
Wood Elf Hero with 18" move charges 6 Savage Boar Boyz.
He had 5 str 5 atks, he did 3hits 2wounds.
I tell him 'nooo not my SOBB's already!!!! bah gogo ward saves!!' bang 2 6's for ward save.
He loses combat due to banner and outnumber, and gets run down and I charge on into his wardances and destroyed them.
One very sad opponent whilst his brother just laughed.

Later in the game....
His treeman charges my Black Orc warboss with a regiment of 30 spear gobs with nets (no fanatics). Pass terror, fail fear.
2 rounds later, treeman lost 2-3wounds. My General is killed. I Pass leadership (just).
The Goblins fight on and next turn he kills my goblin champion.
At the site of his leaders deaths a goblin makes a heroic attack on the treeman and wounds winning combat by 1.
The treeman had enough at this stage and decided to run, only not far enuff and run down by the angry mob of goblins. :D
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

My sorceress dies to a single Brettonian Archer who fires a stray arrow at my sorceress. My sorceress was wounded however and I did have some notoriously bad rolls that game.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Warpbolt
Slave on the Altar

Post by Warpbolt »

Kill - While fighting a hig elf my goblin shaman issued a challenge to the high elf sorcerous. After a long and heated battle my gobbo manged to smash the elf mage with his staff winning the fight!

Death - After casting a powerful spell and mashing a enemy charater my gobbo shaman procced on blowing his own head off with his next spell.

Unit of 20 gobbos and boss charging a tree man and winning. :shock:
I hate everything... especialy you!
Cadeyrn
Shade

Post by Cadeyrn »

Kill - A full block of saurus warriors with char fails it's terror test from a war hydra and flee's, ending it's move 2" away from my dark riders. On my turn a declared charge results in my opponents largest fighting unit fleeing from fast cav that they cannot outrun! bye bye

Death - my highborn with 1+ armor save and pendent on dark peggie getting countercharged by a tomb king swarm. 3 poison wounds on the peggie results in the highborn loosing combat by 1, and being outnumbered by a fear causing enemy, he flees and gets run down!
Matricide
Corsair

Post by Matricide »

Played a just-for-fun game some weeks ago with Dwarves(a friend) vs. 6th ed. Empire (me), just to get in touch with gaming once again. Not having played with wizards for such a long time, I went for having two of them.

He stood still with handgunners and bolt throwers, waiting for me to attack. The first bolt took my first wizard (the general) straight on, the first single shot in the game killing him outright.

Just for the fun I ran my second wizard right in the middle of his gunline to unleash a spell affecting all units within range, letting him die afterwards. The spell lashed out giving 6D6 hits, killing ONE dwarf.
The wizard rode an un-barded steed without any magic protection, and no dwarf bothered with trying to charge. They fired off at the wizard with everything- and guess what? The bastard took a whole volley of bullets right on and even got hit by the bolt thrower- and survived.
@1elbow
Warrior

Post by @1elbow »

Hard to believe in a normal sense, but I played a two on two, two-thousand per army (so four thousand a team) batlle where my side won without a single lost. It was DE/Chaos Vs O&G/Lizardmen.

Neutral player set up terrain and the game was 8'X4' lengthwise with a huge chunk of board comprised of difficult, non-LoS blecoking terrain and a channel of 10" running down one side without any terrain.

My DE scouts (back then) and lvl4 Sorceress occupied the lizardman while a single unit of Chaos Knights charged down the open pass breaking and running down a Giant, than a Boar boy unit, and so on through a unit or turn.

In the end the Knights and my mage killed almost their entire two army force and few of our other units were involved. End result 4000-0
Dam'rek
Shade

Post by Dam'rek »

Not sure if I've told this story here yet or not, but...

Back in 6th edition, when the Steam Tank had just come out, my Empire mate bought one. I was collecting Orcs at the time. We decided that to demonstrate the might of the steam tank, we would put it in a 1-on-1 against an orc boar chariot. I can't remember how far apart we deployed them, but this guy wanted to charge into the chariot in turn 1 (more fun than simply blasting it). Naturally, he ended up almost destroying the steamtank on its own. Then I got my chariot to go in and finish it off. Oh, good times.
I will bow to you on a carpet of bones. I will bathe you in the blood of nations and fill the air with the music of murdered innocents.
Ehakir
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ehakir »

After having had your own impact hits from the stank? WOW :shock:
"Ceterum censeo Ulthuan esse delendam"
-Ehakir

3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win.
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

I just heard about this during a tournament and didn't see it happen, but I sure heard it from across the room
Grimgore Ironhide Was facing an Ogre list, and somehow managed to get down to one wound after facing the OK Tyrant. He then charged a unit of Gnoblars and issued a challenge to the groinbiter. It was excepted (He thought he was going to lose anyways.) Grimgore appearantly failed to hit and wound the little guy, rolling a Yhatzee of 1's, followed by the final blow from the groinbiter that passed through all Grimgores saves. (You could say the groinbiter bite his, well....)
The OK player preceeded to run circles around the tournament room yelling "WOOOHHOOO! GROINBITER BEATS GRIMGORE! GROINBITER BEATS GRIMGORE!"

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Lord myki
Black Guard

Post by Lord myki »

In a fit of desperation my Harpies (10) charging a Unit of Grail Knights (12), with BSB in the flank, winning the combat by 1, and then running the Grail Knights down.
Mere death is but a blink of an eye,
Death by the Druchii is eternal!
Furgil
Warrior

Post by Furgil »

A tzeentch Lord on Dragon using blade of Blood charged my unit of 5 Dire Wolves. He kills 4 with his blade and rolls 4 stength tests (only fail on a 6) and promptly fails all 4. The blade normally adds 1 wound to the character if they pass a strenght test, but if failed they lose 1 wound. My opponent had just failed 4 tests in one phase overkilling his Chaos Lord that was worth about 500 points in the process fo killing 40 points of Dire Wolves.
- Aaron Chapman
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

My gnoblars just recently held of a unit of 10 cold one nights, rolling insane courage after the first round, running from combat after the second, then rallying and chopping down the last of the fleeing CoK who got rear charged by my ogre tyrant (beautifully set-up by the gnoblars breaking from combat.) Really quite grand.
"Sir, we need to run, the lead ogre is right behind us!"
"non-sense, lets run down these little green guys first! We've already killed 15 of them..."
"He just took out Jimmy, Tod and Franklin in one swing!"
"ACK! Run then! Oh no, the little green things are chopping us down at the ankles! We're doomed!"

Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
@1elbow
Warrior

Post by @1elbow »

I had a friend in a local tournament who faced a Skaven player with a large unit of Stormvermin, all tricked out with about as many points as you could spend on the unit not to mention that they had two special charcters (and that franken-rat-ogre thing...Boneripper?) and a BSB. The unit cost over a thousand in a two thousand point game and was meant to be a semi-joke/counter against some of the tough units that floated around in a cheese-list gaming group.

He charged the unit with five Dryads and through some complexities wiped them out with a panic test. I think it worked out that he froze the unit with a spell, then caused them to panic with shooting and since they were engaged they were automatically wiped out.
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

Tones wrote:He charged the unit with five Dryads and through some complexities wiped them out with a panic test. I think it worked out that he froze the unit with a spell, then caused them to panic with shooting and since they were engaged they were automatically wiped out.

Hmm, this seems rather iffy. 1. you can't shoot into combat. (Skaven can, but that means he was attacking himself) 2. You can't cast spells (unless the spell says so) into a unit in combat. 3. You can't take a panic test in combat, only in at the end of it.
Maybe the Storm vermin were magic/shot down and paniced, but the dryads were behind them, and being US5, killed them. That would make more sense. Still a really bad point sink.

@1elbow
Warrior

Post by @1elbow »

It might actually have been magic, I just couldn't remember the spell.
The griefbringer
Cold One Knight

Post by The griefbringer »

I had a Peggy Noble hit with a Conflagration of Doom. So, my opponent and I start rolling...

He takes 45 hits. Seriously--45. We were rolling forever before I beat his roll.

The Peggy and the Rider were lit up like Christmas Trees and ceased to exist.
"Since men love at their own pleasure and fear at the pleasure of the prince, a wise prince should build his foundation upon that which belongs to him, not upon that which belogs to others."

--Machiavelli

Raiding Tally: 173 Slaves, 15 Banners