2250pts Lizards - Carnosaur but no EoTG

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Smiler6310
Cold One Knight

2250pts Lizards - Carnosaur but no EoTG

Post by Smiler6310 »

Afternoon all,

I sold and swapped my Skaven army recently for 1500pts of Lizards but I'm looking to expand to 2250pts and compete in bigger games and hopefully some tournements as well in the near future. I'd appreciate any comments anyone out there has on this list I'm toying with;

Characters:

Oldblood
-Sword of Battle
-Maiming Shield
-Amulet of Itza
-Bane Head
-Light Armour
-Carnosaur

Lv 2 Skink Priest
-Diadem of Power
-Cloak of Feathers

Lv 1 Skink Priest
-Dispel Scroll
-Dispel Scroll

Core:

15 Saurus Warriors
-Spears and Shields
-Standard Bearer
-Musician

15 Saurus Warriors
-Spears and Shields
-Standard Bearer
-Musician

11 Skink Skirmishers

11 Skink Skirmishers

Special:

6 Cold One Cavalry
-Champion
-Standard Bearer
-Warbanner

3 Terradon Riders

3 Terradon Riders

7 Chameleon Skinks

Rare:

Ancient Stegadon

2 Salamanders
-2 Extra Handlers

Total: 2249pts
PD: 3
DD: 6 + 2 Dispel Scrolls

My character selection may seem odd with no EoTG but when I've seen one used they end up with a massive target on them and the Priest is just a bit too squishy especially when he's the only magic defense. This way I have the same dice, one more scroll than i would otherwise have and the flying Priest can stay hidden and fly to safety if threatened and can keep the diadem safer than normal.

The Oldblood has a 2+ Armour save, a one use 2+ Ward save, 7 attacks turning to 8 with frenzy and the chance to double wound the enemy general. With 7/8 S5 attacks he'll chew through most units and he's no slouch against heroes especially with each of the Carno's attacks doing D3 wounds as well. The Amulet is different, but I've found the Glyph Necklace is abit too prone to failure. Hopefully I won't need more than the one ward save.

The Chamo Skinks are in as I like the models alot and have been using them in smaller games. They are good at WM, Lone mage hunting, quite a good distraction (they attract alot of firepower - if its firing at them it not firing at my Steg, COC or Saurus blocks!). They are also good at claiming/contesting table quarters at the end of a game too!

I'm not too worried about shooting as I have quite a few ways to remove WM and missile troops, I've got fairly decent magic defense, two fast/hard hitting flanks and a solid anvil centre that can throw out alot of shots and put up a strong defense when in CC. The Sallies are good for negating Regen, can cause panic and will support the Saurus similar to Skaven Weapon Teams.

I'm looking at Salamanders in the middle flanked by the Saurus. This centre is screened by 1 unit of Skink Skirmishers. The COC along with 1 unit of Terradons and the final unit of Skirmishers take one flank, the Steg, Carno and remaining Terradons take the other. The Chamo Skinks scout and try for WM or lone mages.

What do you think?
Death on Wings!