Gaging Interest for a Naggaroth VS Lustria Campaign

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Gaging Interest for a Naggaroth VS Lustria Campaign

Post by Kinslayer »

I'm just getting back into gaming and am going to restart Lizardmen. I've joined over on Lustria Online and started planning out my army. Of course I will still be active on this site on a daily basis too. And this got me thinking...

Would there be any interest in setting up some sort of Naggaroth vs Lustria campaign between the two websites?

I've posted this on here first but if there is some interest I can carry it over to there and get feedback from both sides. The sort of campaign I mean is one where players who fight a Dark Elves vs Lizardmen battle can submit their results to those running the campaign on either website. Either both players in the game would have to be members of or sign up to their respective races site and confirm that the battle took place and the outcome of it, or we could ask for a summary of the battle to stop people submitting fake results and hope that people did not make up battles. I'm open to further ideas on how it could work.

With the two nations bordering one another it seems like a perfectly feasable storyline. Of course stories and background fluff will be what really brings the campaign to life, and I am more than willing to put forth ideas and do write ups for the background side of the campaign as well as helping to run it. If the interest is there I would certainly require more writers and fluff ideas. Perhaps we could even come up with a few special rules or special characters that are balanced for the game and could be used legally in Lustria VS Naggaroth games for the Campaign.

The campaign would have to run for a fixed period of time, with each nation receiving something like 3 points for wins, 1 point for drawns and 0 points for losses. At the end of the campaign a winner could be decided. Heck, we could even go all out and have the storyline evolve with the campaign as it goes along. If one nation has the upper hand, we can push the story along to show their success. Maybe it could be fought over provinces and key areas of land, with each side battling to contest these areas. At the end of the campaign, the nation with the biggest foothold in the enemies territory is declared a winner.

Those are the basic ideas... I'm sure things like this have been done before (I know something similar was done with Ulthuan a few years back)

What do you think?
Masked jackal
Noble

Post by Masked jackal »

I'd be quite interested, seeing as I play both Lizardmen and Dark Elves, and am also training somebody to play. Once some more concrete ideas come out. Do you have any ideas for the storyline of this? I could easily see a large invasion of Lustria if it fit into Malekith or Morathi's plans. On the flip-side, retaliation for the many attacks against the Lizardmen is also an option, and would be interesting if just for the fact that the Dark Elves would for once be on the defensive.
8th Edition Druchii War Report:
W/D/L: 30/1/15
http://www.freedomstudios.net/boredlife/boards/index.php?sid=18db5076e750fafca78c5ae7ed86bab3
Bored Life: Forum for RPs and general discussion in need of new blood. PM for details.
Maldor
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Maldor »

This would be awesome. Too bad I no longer know any Lizardmen players.
Lock up your children, shut all windows tight.
The Witch Elves are hunting for victims tonight.
When old hags do knock at your door, you must hide,
Your death is the gift sought by Khaine's pretty brides.
Dark reaper
Highborn

Post by Dark reaper »

That would be great. I would have to convince the local Lizard player to participate in quite a few games if this campaign became reality :)
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Well, I think the most fitting storyline and the only occurance I can find of the Lizardmen venturing enmass into Naggaroth in the history of the Warhammer world was when the army of Hexoatl invaded Naggaroth to recover the Star Stela of Quetli from Clar Karond.

It's either that or we make something new up, or have the dark elves raid Lustria instead. Either way we can fluff it out completely.

I think it could really take off, all you have to do is spread word to all the DE / LM players that you know. Likely they will know some others, who will know others. Advertising it across both the major forums for the armies will help a lot too I am sure.

I'll post it on Lustria Online and see what response I get.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

I am going to come up with a few campaign rules and scenarios myself.

I'd appreciate it if anyone can find as much information on the battle in question as possible (retreiving the Star Stela from Clar Karond). I know it was stolen in -115 imperial reckoning, recovered several hundred years later by a 2nd gen Slann and his army.

Links will do if you can find anything. I will get this organised, it seems some interest at least is there

It would be useful if I can find people willing to do the following:

- Combine the Dnet and Lustria Online header fonts in a "vs" fashion (with Admins permission of course) for use as Campaign header.

- Find any and all fluff on the Star Stela of Quetli being stolen and retrieved and anything useful fluffwise that relates to the incidents...

- People willing to do write ups, create short stories etc based on the campaign to get the campaign rolling.

- People with a good knowledge of the game willing to review the scenarios I create and make sure they are balanced.

- Any further ideas for the campaign.