New Vampire counts

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Burizan
Beastmaster

New Vampire counts

Post by Burizan »

Looks like ogres and wood elves are gonna have to wait a bit longer, VCs are getting their update next!

All I really expect is for the regen banner to disappear, and for mannfred to become less ridiculous. They must be getting a big thing, but what?
Lord damian valar
Cold One Knight

Post by Lord damian valar »

What is your source?

I would be severely disappointed as I also play Ogres and am anxiously waiting for their release.....

D...
Burizan
Beastmaster

Post by Burizan »

I saw it in the new white dwarf :)

Of course it's very little next to storm of magic. I don't want to leak much but let's just say the rumours are about right, and there are MANY more awesome models :P
Lord damian valar
Cold One Knight

Could it not just be the release of new models for Vampires for the Storm of Magic?

This seems more reasonable then a new army book for Vampires, instead of Ogres, for which rumoours have been going on for a long while..
Meteor
Executioner

Post by Meteor »

What? VC before OK?? That's really unexpected because well...frankly WE and OK needs an update quite badly to be inline with 8th ed like TK.

Not I'd mind because I do collect VC too, but they're a bit boring to play with compared to WE and OK for me.
What's mine is mine, What's yours is mine.
Now that we understand each other, lets get down to business.

Jacks -Shade
- WS 5 - - S 3 - - T 2 - - D 6 - - I 5 -

Equipment
Short Sword, MC Long Sword*, Dagger, RxB & RHB [20/10] MC Shade Cloak, 4 Throwing Daggers, 3x Healing Vials, 451C, [3]Dark Venom, [4]Unseen Chains, Food, Dark Steed- Spike

Skills
Basic Stealth, Awareness, TWF, Suithenlu Khythan, Ride

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

*Magical properties possibly imbued
Burizan
Beastmaster

Post by Burizan »

I wish I could look again. I know they get a new character in storm of magic (necromancer), and but I am becoming less certain about the new book. I still have a hunch, as I definitely had a discussion about new VCs with the WD in front of me but its not impossible they had something else (non storm of magic) being released and I misinterpreted...

CURSE MY MEMORY! At least you'll be able to see the damn thing for yourselves very soon.

I can see why VCs would get one, because they need balancing down to reduce some of the more insane things they can do.
Kalath'n'dhar
Trainee Warrior

Post by Kalath'n'dhar »

They may release some new figures but really... if VC - who can still be verry competitive in the current state - get a redone before OK and Bretonnia I'll be pretty astonished. Those two really need a fixing.
- Where there's a Whip there's a Way -
Tethlis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Tethlis »

I heard they get a Necromancer model, and possibly a monster or similar large release. However, this all seemed to be Storm of Magic related. I'll wait for something really concrete before placing bets on what the next army will be :)
There is no escape from Chaos. It marks us all.

Lord damian valar
Cold One Knight

Having followed the rumours on Ogres very closely, I cannot picture any armybook but theirs to be next.

I also think what you saw was SOM related...Still want to see those pictures though!!! 8)

D...
Thenick18
Assassin

Post by Thenick18 »

Yeah, I will bet a lot that what you are referring to is SOM
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

I am told by my local store owner that VC are not getting a new book -- it's just a White Dwarf update similar to what they did for Dark Elves a few years back.
Truly These are the End Times ...
Durzod
Corsair

Post by Durzod »

I don't know. Orcs didn't NEED a new book, and yet they were first out of the block. Then came Tomb Kings. Honestly, there's about half the VC book done right there. And with their abuse of the Dark Eldar (a decade without a new book) I have serious qualms about the future of the Ogres and Wood Elves (especially as the latter have traditionally been among the LAST armies updated). I'd honestly expect new Dwarf and Empire books before Ogres.
The pellet with the poison's in the.Vessel with the Pestle.
The Chalice from the Palace has the brew that is true.
-------------------------------------------------------
Nowhere in the rules does it say that Giant's CAN'T fly.
Lord damian valar
Cold One Knight

@Durzod, then it is probably a WD revision of the counts like Dyvim Tvar suggests. And why do you think Empire and Dwarves will come before Ogres? I have heard no rumours whatsoever pointing that way, while the Ogre rumours have been many, many, many...did I say many yet? And also from very reliable sources from the past.

Here is a small round up of rumours for those interested:

With the old topic starting to get a bit lengthy, with random tidbits and wishlisting thrown all over the place, I thought it'd be a good idea to start afresh now that stuff is starting to flow in from a variety of reliable sources.

Link to the thread over on 'Seer: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304539

Release date: With the August slot now filled, Octogre seems more and more likely, with sneak peeks at Gamesday UK.

Harry: No Mammoth, but a possibility of a Warhammery-Mammoth-Monstery thing. Two plastic kits, one with three cavalry of some description (Rhinox Riders? Cat riders?) and the other with a Scraplauncher and a 'wagon load of trouble'. New character models. Plenty of 'cheesy' gribblies.

Avian: Gut Magic is highly likely to become much more similar to a standardised lore.

GodlessM: Plastic Yhetees, Scraplauncher and Rhinox Riders.

Ghost21: Plenty of odd weapon options, including some from the old DoW.

Darnok, via a birdy:

Ogres gain resilience through improved save, not sure if its a 6+ scaly skin or a 6+ regen. Fluff has to do with their layers of fat/gut
Ogre magic augment spells will no longer be remains in play, expect magic to be in line with all other lores, butchers/slaugthermasters may loose loremaster
Ogre ironguts go to strength 5, will have option to take a great weapon or a cls
Rhinox riders are in the list officially
Maneaters may gain the ability to improve their stats to reflect their worldly experience, unit may choose one: +1 bs, +1 ws, +1T or terror.
Leadbelchers receive normal cannons, move or fire. So can shoot normal cannon ball (D3 wounds) or grapeshot.
Restrictions for gnoblars and scraplaunchers are gone
Bignames no longer count towards magic item allowance
Zsouless, via someone he didn't sculpt out of greenstuff:

Ogres will be coming soon, they've got a VERY heavy plastic cav as well as what I can only describe as being between a chaos war mammoth and a bantha from star wars! which IIRC can be loaded out in 3 or 4 different ways (char mount, large cannon, multiple leadbelcher cannons etc.) IIRC there's also a plastic character kit (butchers & tyrants I think.
Difisher from a 'well-informed' source, which Harry has cryptically thrown a bit of weight behind in his own riddlesome way:

Our new Cav will be (MASSIVE) cat-based - so I'm guessing some sort of sabertusk cav.
We definitely have a cannon-based scraplauncher variant.
Our new wizard is a fire-eater - therefore access to lore of fire.
New plastic characters.
Games Day releases.
Durzod
Corsair

Post by Durzod »

My cynical self, seeing as Dwarfs and Empire have a larger following...especially within GW (meaning more $ale$).
The pellet with the poison's in the.Vessel with the Pestle.
The Chalice from the Palace has the brew that is true.
-------------------------------------------------------
Nowhere in the rules does it say that Giant's CAN'T fly.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

It's definately not a book, it is just a new monster with WD rules, I think a necromancer model and possibly some others (probably including said new monster).

The next army book is Ogre Kingdoms, in September/October.