Hypothetical

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

L1qw1d
Malekith's Personal Guard

Hypothetical

Post by L1qw1d »

Our Hydra is 175. Let's pretend it's a 3K or 3500 game and HYPOTHETICALLY

what would you do if you ran into another army, say... Skaven or Brett. and you read their list. And for no reason you can think of, you see things along the lines of:

220 points Hydra.
oh and after that, it reads "+20 points 1 Chomp Att. Poisoned."
and then it reads "Don't worry. It's not Flaming at all... but +15 points lets me have an 18" Auto hitting, Hits at your own S & Multi Attacking (for the number of Wounds type thing), and is Quick to Fire"?[/i]
Oderint dum Metuant.
Squanto315
Trainee Warrior

Post by Squanto315 »

i would be weirded out?
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

8th edition W/D/L
legion of the Bloody Snowflake 4/0/3
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I would think that we were playing a storm of magic game, I don't quite understand your point.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Tethlis
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Hypothetical

Post by Tethlis »

L1qw1d wrote:oh and after that, it reads "+20 points 1 Chomp Att. Poisoned."
and then it reads "Don't worry. It's not Flaming at all... but +15 points lets me have an 18" Auto hitting, Hits at your own S & Multi Attacking (for the number of Wounds type thing), and is Quick to Fire"?[/i]

What?

I could probably respond better if I could understand what you're trying to describe with that shooting attack. It's not Flaming... 18 inch range... Auto-hits... At the strength of the monster... Then the number of hits is equal to the target's wounds? Or equal to the shooter's attacks?

I don't really care if other armies start taking Hydras that are tricked out or broken in Storm of Magic. Our Hydra has been a luxury for years now, and is among the most underpriced single purchases in Warhammer Fantasy. I'm okay with sharing the wealth, because then maybe other players will stop complaining. Drop their custom-built Hyudra down a hole with Pit of Shades, or dismember it in one turn with Flaming Witch Elves, and then remind them that countering a Hydra isn't hard if you're even remotely prepared for Regenerating monsters.
There is no escape from Chaos. It marks us all.

L1qw1d

Post by L1qw1d »

18" S based on the Hydra's wounds as are the number of attacks in the Multi Attack.
I think the Quick to Fire is to counter the usage after moving.

I liked it. I wouldn't mind having one normal and one poisonous. I mean hey, 210 for all that means it may be cheaper even AFTER they get to Hydrate (keeheehee)
Oderint dum Metuant.
Mustangtc
Trainee Warrior

Post by Mustangtc »

Sounds like the new cockatrice...

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... od1250014a

Sniper monsters...
Flash29
Assassin

Post by Flash29 »

i'm quit annoyed by the manticore, for 150 you get one of ours, (50 points less but they don't have the uncontrollable rule although re-rolls make that meh). for 205 point you get a frenzy and hatred manticore with a 4+ as.

i do like the fact that the high elves have a uber spell of uberness in high magic which lets them create a new fulcrum. and dark magic gets a uber spelll of uberness called oblivion which destroys a fulcrum and anyone on it. It's quirky but o so funny.
L1qw1d

Post by L1qw1d »

i see a lot of older stuff like the 'drop a hill on opponent' type thing coming back to my surprise. someone noted the book was THICK- is this due to the 'thinning' of AB specific weapons like they did w/ O&G? it seems we're able to tailor thing a touch more as they do 40k if the points adjustments can apply to our models as well.

heck, i'd just be happy using a panic check because of one wound not saved from an illicit sala lol
Oderint dum Metuant.
Flash29
Assassin

Post by Flash29 »

I do like the customisation options but they seem quite standerdised i mean a 4+ as on almost any creature who wouldn't buy it? i hoped it to be more function wise as the pump wagons, where you have options of speed, manouvribility, power or competentce or all 4 on a very expensive fragile model .
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Overall I think we should be grateful for Storm of Magic.

It shows us quite how bad 8th edition could have been!!!

Larger monsters that are available to all armies for very little cost? More ridiculously overpowered spells that destroy entire units in a single casting? Absurd over the top magic items that cost a small fortune but can do silly amounts of damage? Wow, thanks Matt, you've managed to....wait for it....recreate the glory days of 4th and 5th edition HEROHAMMER. Woohoo.

Thank Khaine it's an optional add on. I may play it once or twice for a laugh, but it's definitely not going to make a regular appearance in my gaming life.
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Mod's note: moved to Warhammer Fantasy Discussion.
Reason: not much tactics discussed.
Calisson
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}