Combat 8

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lepaca
Shade

Combat 8

Post by Lepaca »

Hey

I'm currently thinking about attending a tournament which will use the Combat 8 rules (a fan made rule set which seems to be used rather often in German tourneys).

Has anyone ever played using these rules? What do you think about it?
What kind of lists do you play under Combat 8?
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Hi!

Here's my current C.O.M.B.A.T. 8.0 - 2500 pts list. We use that ruleset most often in our club games as well.

165 Sorceress Level 2 (Dark) with Dispel Scroll, Ironcurse Icon
225 Death Hag BSB with Cauldron of Blood

205 25 Dark Elf Warriors with Shields, Lordling, Musician, Standard Bearer, Standard of Discipline
235 20 Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowmen with Shields, Musician, Standard Bearer
200 15 Black Ark Corsairs with Reaver, Musician, Standard Bearer, Sea Serpent Standard

55 5 Harpies
55 5 Harpies

345 20 Black Guard of Naggarond with Tower Master, Musician, Standard Bearer, Armour of Darkness, Banner of Murder
370 10 Cold One Knights with Dread Knight, Musician, Standard Bearer, Whip of Agony, Standard of Hag Graef
100 1 Cold One Chariot
100 1 Cold One Chariot
50 5 Witch Elves
50 5 Witch Elves
85 5 Shades with Additional Handweapons

175 1 War Hydra

I play very character light, in order to have a lot of capable units. I would like to include a 2nd Level 2 Sorceress with Sacrificial Dagger using the Lore of Shadow, but don't really want to drop anything.

Today I used a variant of this list in a game, which performed well, but I like the above better so far.

320 Supreme Sorceress Level 4 (Shadow) with Sacrificial Dagger, Pendant of Khaeleth
183 Master BSB on Cold One with Soulrender, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Dragonhelm, Dawnstone

198 24 Dark Elf Warriors with Shields, Lordling, Musician, Standard Bearer, Standard of Discipline
235 20 Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowmen with Shields, Musician, Standard Bearer
193 14 Black Ark Corsairs with Reaver, Musician, Standard Bearer, Pair of Repeater Handbows, Sea Serpent Standard

55 5 Harpies
55 5 Harpies

345 20 Black Guard of Naggarond with Tower Master, Musician, Standard Bearer, Armour of Darkness, Banner of Murder
370 10 Cold One Knights with Dread Knight, Musician, Standard Bearer, Whip of Agony, Standard of Hag Graef
100 1 Cold One Chariot
100 1 Cold One Chariot

175 1 War Hydra

Bye
Thanee
Kalath'n'dhar
Trainee Warrior

Post by Kalath'n'dhar »

Hey, sorry for the nweb question but could you explain me what is the "Combat 8 rules" ?
- Where there's a Whip there's a Way -
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

It's a pretty extensive set of restrictions for tournament play (and, AFAIK, only available in german).

http://www.tabletopwelt.de/forum/showth ... p?t=139025

Bye
Thanee
Gjriff
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Gjriff »

Any chance of getting 'Combat 8' translated to English?
I roll more 1's than binary!!!!
Persuader
Executioner

Post by Persuader »

babelfish does a great job mate
Lepaca
Shade

Post by Lepaca »

I played at the tournament and I have to admit that I'm not a big fan.

Our mages are way pricier than those of most other races but under COMBAT 8 they lose all their benefits (PoD & Druchii Sorcery)
Things like the War Altar of the Empire however are still as dangerous as before.