Finecast: The Next Wave

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Finecast: The Next Wave

Post by Minigrift »

Hi all,

Primarily starting this thread to see if anyone knows if GW will be releasing a Finecast War Hydra, as I really need one to complete my army ;)

But also want to know what other figures GW might be releasing for either Daemons or Chaos warriors in 'the next wave'. And generally any other models they might be releasing as well. I know that they're just updated Vampire Counts army with new monsters and whatnot, so I am assuming they're going to do similar releases/updates for other armies.

Last of all, which Fantasy army is next to receive an an 8th Edition Army Book - so far we have High Elves, Skaven (they did get 8th Ed specific books, didn't they?), Orcs and Goblins and Tomb Kings. So, which army is next?

Alright, that's all I would like to know... for now!!

Alrighty then ;)
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Flash29
Assassin

Post by Flash29 »

they will release a finecast hydra can't recall where i saw it confirmed though, allong with allot of other models, they plan to abolish metal models

as for 8th skave and BEASTMEN got a book which was preparing for 8th edition, see hard spells, touching templates for skaven and good infantry. then came the official 8th edition books, Greenskins, then tomb kings next is ogre kindoms although appearently vampires got offical rules in the white dwarf. and after ogre kindoms i believe its either wood elves dwarfs or brettonians.
Assani
Highborn

Post by Assani »

Hy

Hydra is on it's way:)

Ogre Kingdom is next (as flash said)

Khitai - Khanite - Group 38
WS5 - S3 - T2 - D5 - I3
Skills: Ambidexterity, Two Weapon Fighting
Equipment: 2xfine scimitars, dagger
Inventory: Gold 30, Crowns 40, 1 Red ruby
Avaer
Warrior

Post by Avaer »

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... GameStyle= the hydra was released in finecast on the 8th with the new vampire counts stuff :P just wasnt announced except on the website.
An exchange between Arleth Vann and Malus Darkblade in Warpsword:

"'My lord!' the assassin cried from above. 'Are you all right?'

'Just fine,' Malus snarled. 'These jagged rocks managed to break my fall.'"
Avaer
Warrior

Post by Avaer »

Oh and i reckon brettonians are going to be not long after ogres seeing as how 8th has gone towards infantry blocks and bretts are suffering because of it so they need something shiny to make them competitive again :) that and they were done absolutely ages ago lol

Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

How much does a model increase in price when they go from metal to finecast? 10-15%. I hope they don't do any other DE in finecast.
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Avaer, indeed, you are correct! Just looked at the GW website and there it was! I had no idea it would be out so soon... Am really happy about that :D

I hope they don't update the Bret book as I just sold all my bretonnian stuff. Not that I ever used it, but maybe the new book would have changed that...

I personally won't mind them price-increasing DE stuff because, aside from a second Hydra, I have everything I need for my Dark Elf army!

So, how about any other army updates from White Dwarf, are there any coming?

Thanks again gents!
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Thetosh
Black Guard

Post by Thetosh »

Slightly more expensive Finecast Hydra will still be cheaper in the long run when you consider how much glue, rods, greenstuff you need to assemble the bloody thing, and how often you have to touch it up because of how easily they break.
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

thetosh wrote:Slightly more expensive Finecast Hydra will still be cheaper in the long run when you consider how much glue, rods, greenstuff you need to assemble the bloody thing, and how often you have to touch it up because of how easily they break.
I've got 3 hydra including one of the current metal ones. None of mine have broken and the newest one was the easiest of the lot to build.
Assani
Highborn

Post by Assani »

Any possibility that BG will come in finecast? I hope so...

Khitai - Khanite - Group 38
WS5 - S3 - T2 - D5 - I3
Skills: Ambidexterity, Two Weapon Fighting
Equipment: 2xfine scimitars, dagger
Inventory: Gold 30, Crowns 40, 1 Red ruby
Avaer
Warrior

Post by Avaer »

Eventually everything will be in finecast instead of metal (hopefully they can figure out the casting temperatures before then...) and they are basing the releases on the 'best selling' items in the store which is why originally there were alot more 40k finecast released, personally i hope to have got BG and Execs before they go finecast as thing blades or poles do not come out very well at all in the resin! :)

Thetosh
Black Guard

Post by Thetosh »

I'd be surprised if they did BG and Execs in Finecast, as their High Elf counterparts have Plastic models (ok, the Swordmasters only in IoB but still plastic...)