Getting back into WFb avoiding DEs so this is my WEs

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Marauder mitch2
Malekith's Best Friend

Getting back into WFb avoiding DEs so this is my WEs

Post by Marauder mitch2 »

How does this look????

Spellweaver, Level 4, Beasts, Scroll =275pts

Noble, BSB, Asyani Bane, Hail of Doom =130pts

15 Glade Guard, Std, Musician, Flaming Banner, Champion =220pts
12 Glade Guard, Musician, Champion =162pts
11 Glade Guard, Musician, Champion =150pts
16 Glade Guard, Champion, Std =216pts
5 Scouts =85pts
5 Scouts =85pts
8 Dryads =96pts
8 Dryads =96pts
8 Dryads =96pts

3 Treekin =195pts
7 Wardancers =126pts
7 Wardancers =126pts

5 Waywatchers =120pts
5 Waywatchers =120pts
Eagle =50pts
Eagle =50pts
2400pts
DJ Dizzy Posted: Jul 1 2009, 08:13 PM

Horror

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,989

My daemon record is 2 wins and 12 losses... Yep, I suck at warhammer
Tethlis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Tethlis »

Your list looks a lot like a 7th edition Wood Elf list, and unfortunately those aren't terribly effective anymore. Bigger tends to be better, and while it's okay to keep your shooting units in smaller sizes, your Dryad, Wardancer and especially Treekin units will benefit from being doubled in size in order to last long in 8th edition combats. I would also heartily suggest using the Wand of the Wych Elm for your Level 4... It's just too good an item to pass up, since virtually every opponent you face will have some heavy duty magic. You might also consider Lore of Life, since it adds survivability to your units and spells like Regrowth and Flesh to Stone work very well with Forest Spirits. If you do go with Beasts, you'll probably want to include more Nobles with decent protection, since Beasts has so many character-oriented Augments. You probably also will want to drop champions from your Glade Guard, and make those into Banners instead. One 8th edition scenario in particular relies on armies to have Banners in order to avoid losing the game immediately, so having a few more of them in your list is a benefit.
There is no escape from Chaos. It marks us all.