BRB onto ipad

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Doug
Warrior

BRB onto ipad

Post by Doug »

HI to all
Is there any way of getting the BRB down loaded on to the apple iPad?
That really be nice if we could. :P
Thanks for your time
Douglas
Lord tsunami
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord tsunami »

Whatever you do, do not downoald it illegally from a filesharing site in PDF format. That is illegal, even if you own the book in paper format, so you shouldnt go to a torrent site like thepiratebay and get the torrent and download it illegally, because that would be illegal.

illegal! :!:
Doug
Warrior

Post by Doug »

Thank you for the warning. How ever I would not do that. I would gladly pay fo it
Thanks again Douglas
Holt
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Holt »

I would say that your best bet is to scan each page one at a time and put them on your iPad. Just a bit of a small job there for you... If ipads even work like that, I really don't know sorry.
Want some tips on controlling those frenzied units? http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=71791&highlight=
Lord tsunami
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord tsunami »

I just wanted to stretch how illegal it is to download an already scanned version from a file sharing site, EVEN if there is no way to buy the book in electronic format, and you already own the paperback version. Very illegal indeed.
Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

:lol: This is NOT reverse psychology.
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Setomidor
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Setomidor »

It is really unfortunate that it, as Tsunami said, is very illegal to have the books in PDF format. Rumor has it that sites like scribd.com have had huge problems with illegal or otherwise copyrighted material, I'm glad noone uses that anymore.

In theory, it would be very convenient to have most army books on a service like dropbox and then share them between your mobile device and/or work computer for worktime access to all rules, I hope GW publishes their work electronically in the future to enable this.

The only book I've heard have not succumbed to the plague of illegal file sharing yet is the Tamurkhan book. Risking going off-topic, anyone who would like to discuss the issue more is welcome to PM me.
Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

Black Library publishes e-Books now, we can only hope that GW follows suit or even launches an app. :)
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

I think GW has missed several tricks with its current set of rules.

My biggest gripe is that I cashed out to get the Collector's Edition of the rules because I wanted to have all of the fluff and for just £30 more it seemed like a really nice tome to have to commemorate the launch of 8th ed.

I didn't realise quite how big the darn thing would be, and now have the slightly ironic situation that despite spending the most amount of money out of my entire gaming group on purchasing the book, I'm also the one who's least likely to bring it to the club or other gaming event because its so big and heavy. They really should have included a more compact version as a pull out to the big one, to make sure that their most dedicated followers didn't get screwed like that :idea:

Of course, downloading a pdf copy of the rule book and printing that out to carry around would, as Lord Tsunami says, be completely illegal and I would never ever counternance anyone doing anything like that, even if it made their life a million times easier and even if they owned a copy of the book and all of the content in it. Never, it's illegal :!: . You should never do such a thing.

I have a sore throat.
Last edited by Red... on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

Post by Dangerous Beans »

Red... wrote:I have a sore throat.
From carrying your BRB... :lol:
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

Illegal! It's Illegal I say! And that's why I scan EVERY single book out there to be able to put it in my iPad!

If GW had some brains, they'd start having the rules of the army books electronicly. Then they could also do necessary changes in the rules in an instant instead of having several years between updates.

If you don't feel like scanning, pictures are your friend :D
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Final tournament score for 7th DE book in 8th edition - W/D/L: 25/5/10