Daemons - Magic....how to read this?

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Cold73
Highborn

Daemons - Magic....how to read this?

Post by Cold73 »

The book reads:

As soon as your roll for Winds of Magic, total the 2 highest dice scores, and resolve the result below.

I will admit that englisch is not my main language... and so far i have seen 2 explenations for this.

1) This happens every magic phase (both you and your opponents... you could be plurale)
2) This only happens in the Daemons Players Magic phase (you refers to the Daemon player)

When checking the results, most of the result start with the following

Roll a D6 for each enemy unit and each friendly unit that contains one or more Daemons of ??? or models with the Mark of ???

How do you read this.

1) Roll for * all enemy units
* all friendly Daemon units of ??
* All units with the Mark of ???

2) Roll for * All enemy and all friendly Daemons of ???
* Roll for all models with the Mark of ???

Personally i thought you had to roll on this table every magic phase..... (why on earth would the dark gods watch only what befalls their Daemons and not what their opponent do)
Further more i though that the second sentence was clear enough.... all units that contain a certain sort of Daemon must roll on that table.
But a friend of mine told me different....
I would dearly love to hear your opinions on this.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Daemons - Magic....how to read this?

Post by Daeron »

As far as I read the rules it's:
1) The "Reign of Chaos" is only rolled for in your own (daemon's player) turn. If you have 2 daemon players, it's rolled in every phase.
2) The effects can impact any unit, from a friendly daemon player or enemy daemon player. This means that if a DoC player is fighting any other army, the effects only happen on his own turn. If 2 DoC players are fighting each other, then it happens in both magic phases with the effects possibly impacting all units on the table. It really is a fight of the gods. And the gods don't care on what side "their" daemons are on, just as long as their favored daemons come out on top.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Azimyth
Beastmaster

Post by Azimyth »

1) I agree with Daeron, only in the Daemon player's magic phase
2) The way I read it is that you roll for all the enemy units and then you roll for the units that have the "daemon of x" rule in your army.
South African Players: http://www.warhammergenerals.co.za
Religion: A cult for the masses
God Protect Me ... From Your Followers
ETC: Rules for whingers who still want to play 7th
saim45
Slave on the Altar

Post by saim45 »

Now that you have that information, how do you think you would achieve the next part?