2250 OK with 500 points of DE allies?

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

2250 OK with 500 points of DE allies?

Post by Kefka »

Hi all. its been awhile.

Although I have not been on many forums in awhile, I could use some advice from you guys. I have a tournament coming up where I can add a 500 point "allied detachment" to my 2250 main force. Now although I enjoy Druchii, I usually take my Ogres to tournaments as they are my only fully painted army ATM. But I would like to add some Druchii allies.

The tournament has posted allied rules as such:
-Must have at least 25% core (125 points) Other then that, no points restrctions (so the rest COULD be characters or rare choices
- Magic augments and RiP spells can benefit allies and/or main force
-allied mages get 50% of the power dice roll in their own pool. (IE if I roll 9 for winds of magic, my ogres have 9 dice to use and the allied wizard has 5 dice of their own). If the allied wizard channels an extra dice, it can be used by either.
- You don't need a Lord or Hero, but you do need at least a unit champion to represent someone leading the allied detachment. The alllies do not use your main forces generals leadership or BSB.
-No magic item duplicates
- you don't have to take allies, you can just add another 500 points to your main force using the same ally rules as above (so I could take 4 Bulls for 25% core and then fill up with, say, Rhinox Riders)

With that in mind, this is the list I usually run in tournaments:

Tyrant - 315
Heavy Armour, Sword of Swift Slaying, Greedy Fist, Giant breaker, Chamred Shield, Potion of Foolhardiness

Butcher - 188
Lvl 2, LotGM, Hellheart, Ironfist

Butcher - 163
Lvl 2, lore of Beasts, Dispell Scroll, Iron Fist

Bruiser - 208
BSB, Dragonhide Banner, Deathcheater, GW

7 Ironguts - 336
Gutlord, Standard, Standard of Discipline

7 Ironguts - 321
Gutlord, Standard

4 Bulls - 134
2xHW Crusher

46 Gnoblars - 165
CMD, Trappers

Ironblaster - 170

Thundertusk - 250

Plan is simple, Tyrant and butcher run in one 'gut unit while BSB and other butcher run in the other unit beside them. butchers mainly cast augments to keep my ironguts up strong. Thundertusk supports with its aura of frost ability, while the bulls and gnoblars protect the flanks. Ironblaster does what Ironblasters do best.

Now, I have 500 points I can add to this, and a Dark Elf army collecting dust. I could fill some holes with shooting from repeater crossbowmen and maybe a repeater bolt thrower or two. Or I could add in some heavy hitting with a Hydra and a Sorceress with Dark Magic (power from darkness spell would also help boost her dice pool)

Alternativly, I could take more ogres. Maybe take a butcher out of my main force and make him a Slaughtermaster from my allies. Or, as mentioned before, take some Rhinox Riders (I own 3.)

Do you guys have any ideas? Is there maybe another army I could pull off some good combos from?

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
ZethVorador
Slave (off the Altar)

Re: 2250 OK with 500 points of DE allies?

Post by ZethVorador »

I think you've got the right idea with the crossbowmen and Reapers. Now while you could achieve this with most other armies ranged list a repeater crossbow pretty consistantly gives bang for buck. The Reapers dual shot mode is usually really handy as well. 20 xbows and 2 reapers would imho really add to your shooting phase.
saim45
Slave on the Altar

Re: 2250 OK with 500 points of DE allies?

Post by saim45 »

Good and ve has some success with amber spear and can see it working well versus monstrous cavalry and other critters.