Suggestions for 500pt Chaos Daemons army

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

stuaker
Warrior

Suggestions for 500pt Chaos Daemons army

Post by stuaker »

I've just got back into warhammer, and although my druchii are in storage the local GW has got 500pt games where they'll loan you models to trial. My girlfriend has never played before, but likes the look of the Chaos Daemons. Any suggestions for what she should trial? If she likes them, they'll end up being her first purchase.

She's a big fan of Slaanesh Daemonettes, so a unit of them is on the list.

I'm going to play with Dark Elves, and try some corsairs out as I've just bought some and am unsure whether I want them double-wielding or with a RXB. The last time I played was 5th edition, is there any other units I should play at this point level to get the feel of the new rules? Thanks!
Started Warhammer with Dark Elves in 2002, stopped playing in 2005. Came back in 2013.
Other armies; Tyranids, Lizardmen
Main opponents: Slaanesh Daemons, Tomb Kings, Savage Orcs.
Anyone in New Zealand for games and trades?
Cold73
Highborn

Re: Suggestions for 500pt Chaos Daemons army

Post by Cold73 »

Slaanesh is in my eyes the most fun to play with.
At 500 pnts there is not much you can do...but a unit of Daemonettes with a Herald of Slaanesh (and the upgrade to give ASF to the unit is fun to play with, and reasonably effective as well. If points permit...Fiends of Slaanesh..or their fast cavalry with movemnt 10 are nice to play with as well

In larger point battles I'm sure she will have a lot of fun in using a Keeper of Secrest lvl 4 with Lore of Slaanesh.
I used htat once in a tournament and had a lot of fun making a HE unit of Dragen Princes completely useless for an entire game (they ofcourse had the Banner of the Word Dragon...nasty item vs Daemons)

Do your self a favour however and teach her everything you know about redirecting and other movement tactics...she will need it to learn larger battles
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]