Logo
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Is ETC allowing the new rules and units 
Malekith's Best Friend

Just wondering if ETC is considering this End of Times official changes to Warhammer or just treating it as a campaign series?

Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:54 pm
Malekith's Best Friend

Wow...hears nothing but crickets. Where are our ETC gents?

Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:13 am
Malekith's Best Friend

I believe - but dont quote me on this - that they did not allow storm of chaos rules when they came out. And since the end times bring some drastic rule changes, I doubt we will be seeing them at the ETC. They will continue with "official army book armies only". But that is just my thought, I may yet be surprised.

Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.

Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:17 am
PhD in Dark Magic

In fairness, there were some utterly broken things in Storm of Chaos that ETC should never have allowed (Slayer army, I'm looking at you).

At the moment, it's just the new Lore of Undeath, the Morghasts, Gutrot Spume and the Putrid Blightkings that would be new additions to existing armies under the End Times rules (depending on what else is in the next book). Assuming that End Times supplement armies weren't allowed (and thus Nagash and the Undead Legions were unusable), I don't see what would be so objectionable about the other End Times rules and models.

"Good men don't need rules. Today is not a good time to find out why I have so many."

Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:46 am
Corsair
Corsair

Heroes & lords up to 50%?

Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:19 am
Malekith's Best Friend

Calisson wrote:

Dark elves would run busses all day long man. 2x10 dark riders with the front rank full of 1+ AS masters on cold ones. Forward!

Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.

Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:04 pm
Malekith's Best Friend

Haagrum wrote:
In fairness, there were some utterly broken things in Storm of Chaos that ETC should never have allowed (Slayer army, I'm looking at you).

At the moment, it's just the new Lore of Undeath, the Morghasts, Gutrot Spume and the Putrid Blightkings that would be new additions to existing armies under the End Times rules (depending on what else is in the next book). Assuming that End Times supplement armies weren't allowed (and thus Nagash and the Undead Legions were unusable), I don't see what would be so objectionable about the other End Times rules and models.

Calisson wrote:

^This! To me this and the new magic lore are the biggest changes to the game. This is what has our local Tournament Organizers in a quandary. My club is wondering where to go. Adapt End of Times books and rules changes or just ignore them like they have Storm of Magic and sadly, Triumphant and Treachery.

Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]