Speculating on Dark Elves based on High Elf List

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Speculating on Dark Elves based on High Elf List

Post by Saintofm »

Nathan from the Great Book of Grudges got the privledge of getting some of the books early. While he can't show a hundred percent he has shown enough to get some ideas. So here are my thoughts, I am curious what any of your thoughts would be. Also what minis would you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sBLgot3bdw

Roster
Charecters
0-1 High Elf Prince or Arch Mage: I can see the same happening with Dreadlords and Supreme Sorceresses as well.

Now some of the charecter options in the past edditions, such as those that were included in 8th, are now here. Blood of Callado gives you al the ount options, the ability to take full plate (so elves are getting 4+ armor, nice) .

CHarcian Hunters which allow you to ride lion chriots,and their blade and cloaks for free,

Anoited by Assurian: The ceremonial halberd is free, and all the perks of being a Pheonix Guard.

Shadow Stalker: Makes you a shadow Warrior, with Averlorn bow for free. Can't be mounted, or take heavy or plate armor.

Lore Master: Count as a levle 1 wizard and get the Sword of Hoath for free, infantry choice only.

Warden of Seraphy: Can deflect shots, must be on foot, and gets a Sword of Hoeth for free.

Pure of Heart is a free option that allows all that can see you use your LD and it and the unit they are in auto pass panic.

SeaGUard also Free, Giving you a free warbow and allowing you to be on a Skycutter. Gain Navel Disaplin and Rallying Cry.

From this I can see an Option to become a Fleetmaster, a Best Lord, One of the Black guard that wants to be a lord after their tenure is done, maybe even a Witch Elf Lord or lord of the Executioners.

0-1 Handmaden or Dragon Mage: Not sure what the dragon mage equivalent is, but handmaiden might work with Death Hag.

Then as many nobles and mages as you want, which should match with our masters and sorceresses.

Assassins might also be a 0-1 or maybe they have no limit to keep an eye on things outside of the 50% army can be heroes (which makes me wonder if we have a return of Hero Hammer).

Also have to wonder about beastmasters and beastlords, or if they are going to be mixed in with options for Pince and Noble upgrades.

Core
Spearmen and Archers, so our Warrior trio of Dead Spears, Bleack Swords, and Dark Shards should be here.
Sea Guard and COrsairs should be all right
ELyrian Reavers are here, so Dark Riders should be here as well.
We don't have an equivalent to Silver Helms.
0-1 Sisters of Avalon may be a core choice if a handmaiden is a general. I wonder if a Death Hag is a general we will get the same with Witch Elves.

Special:
White Lions
Sword Masters
-With This, I can see Exeuctioners. I can see them getting the armor piercing abilities and strength from their drauches as well as this Games's version of killing blow. Not sure if they will follow more the White Lion or the Sword Master route; the former hits harder with higher strength, but the latter does not have Always Strikes Last
Pheonix Guard: Personally I always thought Black Guard were better a rare choice, and would like to see it there.
Shadow Warriors: Shades, I wonder if we get to get our 2 hand wepaons and Great Weapon options.
Tironic Chariots: Probably the Scourge Runner, which works here, but the bolt thrower on it might work in Rare. Not sure.
0-1 Dragon Prince Per 1000 points: I can see Cold One Knights getting the same Treatment
0-1 White Lion Chariot if the Prince is Characian
0-1 Sky Cutter if the Prince is Sea Guard

Rare:
Sisters of Averlorn-
Lion CHariots-I can sea the Cold one chariots getting the same treatment.
Sky Cutter
0-1 Flaming or Frost Pheonix per 1000: I can see hydras and Kharibdis getting this treatment.

0-2 Great Eagles per 1000 points.

0-2 Bolt throwers per 1000: Also the same.

Witch Elves I can see being a special, Sisters of Slaughter a rare.
THe Medusa might work here as well, same with the Shine she goes on.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Speculating on Dark Elves based on High Elf List

Post by Calisson »

Hmmm... Extrapolation would work if DE were HE painted in purple.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Speculating on Dark Elves based on High Elf List

Post by Daeron »

Some of these speculations were right. But it is unfortunate we didn't get a fleet master. I feel like they never really got that one right though.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze